PDA

View Full Version : China Wall/Tarryall area Feb 14

theboomboom
02-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Anyone interested in tagging along is welcome to. So far it looks like it'll be me in the hilux, my buddy Greg in his zr2 blazer and possibly a few of my buddies with their TJs. Depending on the amount of snow, we may just stick to the forst roads in the area instead of running China Wall (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=61) (which I estimate would require a winch in a couple spots this time of year).

Tentative meeting time is 0800, meeting spot is the grocery store parking lot in conifer (same meeting spot as the BOWAGW run).

MDH33
02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
I heard that the Forest Service went through the entire China Wall trail this fall with a dozer and blade and graded the whole thing, so probably won't be too challenging even with snow. Let us know what you find.

Tch2fly
02-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Feb 14th ... must be a bunch of single guys :p:

Have fun:thumb:

SRT08BUS
02-03-2010, 11:33 PM

I was about 2 say count me in.. until your post, can you post again on the 10th! Maybe this year her present won't be flowers, at the last minute.

Old40Dog
02-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Anyone interested in tagging along is welcome to. So far it looks like it'll be me in the hilux, my buddy Greg in his zr2 blazer and possibly a few of my buddies with their TJs. Depending on the amount of snow, we may just stick to the forst roads in the area instead of running China Wall (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=61) (which I estimate would require a winch in a couple spots this time of year).

Tentative meeting time is 0800, meeting spot is the grocery store parking lot in conifer (same meeting spot as the BOWAGW run).Rick,

How many TJ's are you expecting? We need to now how may Landcruisers we need to recruit to have available as "jeep rescue" vehicles. :lmao: I'd estimate 1 LC for every 2 TJ's as they'll likely need lots of help :lmao:

BTW, if you're referring to the parking lot where we met up for the 40 Only Run last September, it's now the Staples/Checker Auto center parking area. The Safeway moved north about a mile a while back.

No, it's just a "bring your own honey run" :cheers:

theboomboom
02-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Rick,

How many TJ's are you expecting? We need to now how may Landcruisers we need to recruit to have available as "jeep rescue" vehicles. :lmao: I'd estimate 1 LC for every 2 TJ's as they'll likely need lots of help :lmao:

:lmao: Possibly as many as 3. Could domestic vehicles actually outnumber yotas on this run :confused: Get creative with the :Princess:s! What could possibly be more romantic than spending the whole day together in the beautiful Rocky Mountains?

Thanks for pointing that out dave, I know exactly where the wendy's is so if the group doesn't get too big we'll probably just make the meeting place there.

Red_Chili
02-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Who knew there was an OHV Wiki???
http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/China_Wall_%28Colorado%29

No mention of grading... but that doesn't mean anything.

MDH33
02-04-2010, 12:06 PM
No mention of grading... but that doesn't mean anything.

There was a thread about on CO4x4. Pics looked like they even graded the steep, fun, rocky hill... :(

Gmann
02-10-2010, 07:13 PM
I may be in for some fun in the white stuff. will get back to you later in the week.

theboomboom
02-12-2010, 10:31 AM
TTT, if there is a lack of interest my group will probably forego stopping in conifer.

Red_Chili
02-12-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm out.
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=157956&highlight=China+Wall
:rant:

theboomboom
02-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Due to lack of interest, the run is officially postponed indefinitely. I may go still go up tommorow and will return with a report.

theboomboom
02-15-2010, 03:38 PM
I ended up making it out there yesterday afternoon, just myself and the lady friend. We had a blast! Never went all the way to china wall proper, we stuck to the other forest roads mostly north of china wall itself. The snow on the ground was enough to challenge my stock truck, but I think just about everything would have been possible with chains and lockers. Weather couldn't have been more gorgeous and the roads going out there were only wet, despite the weather there was no real ice until we turned off 285 in Jefferson. For many of the rigs in this club, it would have been a yawn, but the challenges presented by a little powder on the ground was enough to keep us giggly as we blasted our way around. :perry:

FJBRADY
02-15-2010, 04:53 PM
stuck

Sounds great, but next time do not go alone :rant:.....did I sound like your dad just then!

corsair23
02-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Sounds great, but next time do not go alone :rant:.....did I sound like your dad just then!

He didn't...He went with his "lady friend" :hill:

FJBRADY
02-15-2010, 05:47 PM
He didn't...He went with his "lady friend" :hill:

What was I thinking....getting stuck with the "lady friend" is like running out of gas with the "lady friend"....I remember those days. ;)