PDA

View Full Version : Fjc Only Run?

SRT08BUS
02-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Would like 2 get one where we can have and easy one but not "Oh My God" easy. And I wouldn't mind putting it 2gether but think someone with more 4X4 skills would be better suited. But I'm willing 2 help do some scouting.. o.k. I just wanna an excuse to wheel!

RedCreeper
02-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Depending on place and time i would consider it. I took a few friends up to Kingston and down Yankee Hill into Central City. Same as the Spooky Night Run in 08. Was a fun trip for the new guy and the guy with more experience. I may consider taking the helm on this one but not sure if i have time to organize at this time. Would be a good day trip. Just a thought.

Cruzrman
02-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Count me in.
cruzrman

FJBRADY
02-06-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm in if it is technical enough and if C. Davis goes:)....how about Wheeler Lake?

SRT08BUS
02-06-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm in if it is technical enough and if C. Davis goes:)....how about Wheeler Lake?

I've never been, but it has been on my 2 do list. Would also like 2 find a date that would work for everyone. I have no problem setting a run up but will say I'm a rookie when it comes to wheeling.

FJBRADY
02-06-2010, 01:15 PM
I've never been, but it has been on my 2 do list. Would also like 2 find a date that would work for everyone. I have no problem setting a run up but will say I'm a rookie when it comes to wheeling.

Understand, we have plenty of time to figure something out since most of the trails won't be available until late June/July anyhow.

SRT08BUS
02-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Understand, we have plenty of time to figure something out since most of the trails won't be available until late June/July anyhow.

So as much as I'd like 2 do the FJC forum thing, would it be worth it to do a over night thing and tie in a another trail or 2, and I'm not saying lets mark it in stone until we get a chime in from every one.

Air Randy
02-07-2010, 09:41 AM
You sure you don't wanna let a few 40's go too, just to make sure there's someone there to pull you out of the rough spots? :D:lmao:

SRT08BUS
02-07-2010, 11:52 AM
You sure you don't wanna let a few 40's go too, just to make sure there's someone there to pull you out of the rough spots? :D:lmao:

To tell you the truth I'd wouldn't mind at all if a couple of 40,60 or who ever forgot:rolleyes: that it was a FJC only run. Just thought there was a need for one, and I like the idea of a pig run even though I do not have one.

FJBRADY
02-07-2010, 11:59 AM
To tell you the truth I'd wouldn't mind at all if a couple of 40,60 or who ever forgot:rolleyes: that it was a FJC only run. Just thought there was a need for one, and I like the idea of a pig run even though I do not have one.

Meh....

rover67
02-07-2010, 12:06 PM
I think you guys should keep it FJ Cruisers only. That'd be fun.

Red Cone would be a fun one, it's not that hard but very fun.

SRT08BUS
02-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Meh....

Just putting out there, and only the votes of FJC owners will be final, but opinions are always welcome!

nakman
02-07-2010, 12:21 PM
I think this is a great idea.. and if I'm available that day I'd love to ride along.

FJBRADY
02-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Red Cone would be a fun one, it's not that hard but very fun.

Yes, good idea :thumb:

SRT08BUS
02-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I think this is a great idea.. and if I'm available that day I'd love to ride along.

Your more than welcome 2 grab a seat in the bus! and I might have some more seats open if Keryn brings her's.

I would also like some dates 2 throw around, I know it's hard 2 make it easy for everyone, but don't mind putting in the extra effort.

PhatFJ
02-10-2010, 11:26 AM
We are in (depending on the dates). I will keep my eye on this thread to see what's up....

Brian, Kim & Zoe... :D

SRT08BUS
02-18-2010, 12:47 PM
I was thinking of The 9th and the 10th of July , and having the hard run on Friday and the easy the next day I'll have a list of runs to decided from. If those dates are not good just let me know, I also don't want 2 step on toes of any other planned run.

corsair23
02-18-2010, 04:52 PM
You know...This whole FJC only run seems awfully "exclusive" and not very "inclusive" :hill:

Maybe Chris Davis will let me ride around in the cargo area...:D

Hulk
02-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I'm not really sure I see the point of this run. The point of the 40s Only Run is a little different. It's to get all us 40 owners who always show up in our newer trucks to bring out the old iron. FJC owners wheel their FJCs all the time.

Uncle Ben
02-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I'm not really sure I see the point of this run. The point of the 40s Only Run is a little different. It's to get all us 40 owners who always show up in our newer trucks to bring out the old iron. FJC owners wheel their FJCs all the time.

Let 'em!

FJBRADY
02-18-2010, 06:49 PM

Jealous :)

RedCreeper
02-19-2010, 10:21 AM

What he said. :(

Besides some of us arn't lucky to having a 40 in there garage to play with so we cary on the tradition with new iron with a little plastic thrown in. :thumb:

RedCreeper
02-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Oh and traditions have to start somewhere.....

Caribou Sandstorm
02-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Sounds like fun, we can get a few from the FJCF gang that would love to join us...Maybe camp the night before near Kenosha Pass.

Steve and I will have our 35s on by then....

FJBRADY
02-19-2010, 11:20 AM

:thumb:

Hulk
02-19-2010, 11:26 AM

Probably. I have to wait to buy one until they are available with rust. I wouldn't want something so perfect in my collection. :rolleyes:

FJBRADY
02-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Probably. I have to wait to buy one until they are available with rust. I wouldn't want something so perfect in my collection. :rolleyes:

You drove CD's and now you are hooked.

Hey you could put together must be SuperCharged run.....now that would be an elite group right there.:tongue2:

SRT08BUS
02-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Sounds like fun, we can get a few from the FJCF gang that would love to join us...Maybe camp the night before near Kenosha Pass.

I was thinking of trying to have it before or after the FJC summit, but was going to see what everyone else thinks.

Jacket
02-19-2010, 03:37 PM

Believe it when I see it.;)

If you hold out, maybe you'll win a set at the CM raffle.

This run sounds fun. I might take an empty seat if its in July - I think I might be a bachelor that whole month.

PhatFJ
02-19-2010, 08:03 PM

Hey Chris I would love to here more about your 35's!! I am looking at putting 35's on mine as well... Are you going with a 1" body lift?? The MTZ's I am looking at are 315/12.5/16.. Have you re geared yet?

Caribou Sandstorm
02-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Hey Phat,
That's right, I forgot that you told me you already re-geared..., we need to talk....

Will start another thread.

Mendocino
02-20-2010, 12:10 AM

LOL!:lmao:

RockRunner
02-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Think Sharon:Princess: will let me take her FJC out :rolleyes: If there would be just one scratch on her truck I would be sleeping in the garage :eek:

If you guys make it an easy run I may be able to talk her into it :blah::lmao:

Yeah right :rolleyes:

MountainMan
02-20-2010, 11:23 AM
i am easy, good for whatever,

Uncle Ben
02-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Think Sharon:Princess: will let me take her FJC out :rolleyes: If there would be just one scratch on her truck I would be sleeping in the garage :eek:

If you guys make it an easy run I may be able to talk her into it :blah::lmao:

Yeah right :rolleyes:

Being forced to sleeping in the garage would be a good thing! That way you could work all night without fear of waking the wife at 1am when the shower water is going! :lmao: ;)

Nay
02-20-2010, 02:32 PM
You know...This whole FJC only run seems awfully "exclusive" and not very "inclusive" :hill:

Just wait until the White 80's Only Run. Oh, wait, I can't do that one either :hill:

wesintl
02-20-2010, 04:19 PM
i'm thinking of a TDI run. anyone is invited but were not stopping for 550 miles :hill:

more runs the better. you fjcruisers have fun!

Uncle Ben
02-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Nice! 1st 40 Anniversary run is in the planning! ;) Anyone can go as long as they cant go further than 200 miles on a full tank of Premium! ;)

nakman
02-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Ok that's it, later this summer I'm going to lead the ultimate dark side run, an IFS only run. :eek:

MDH33
02-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Wow man.. You guys are really tainting the spirit of the "Only" Run. :rolleyes:

This year for the 40's Only run, we'll just meet at my house and drink these:

http://www.40cozy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/pabst_40oz.jpg

Uncle Ben
02-20-2010, 05:55 PM

I like the way you think! maybe we can do the 40 Anniversay run the same weekend and we'll have these too....

http://beerandmicrobrews.com/sn-annev-ale.jpg

bh4rnnr
02-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Ok that's it, later this summer I'm going to lead the ultimate dark side run, an IFS only run. :eek:

Sweet, I can make this run:bowdown:.

Though i'm thinking about scraping it and riding along for the 40's only run/40th annv run and whatever else they throw into that weekend.

RockRunner
02-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Being forced to sleeping in the garage would be a good thing! That way you could work all night without fear of waking the wife at 1am when the shower water is going! :lmao: ;)

It would but our bedroom is above the garage, I am afraid my cussing would wake her up when I realize I left a bolt out or forgot to cap something:rolleyes: No that I have ever done that;)

The garage is insulted and heated now with a radio and TV so I am good:D

RockRunner
02-20-2010, 06:36 PM
I like the way you think! maybe we can do the 40 Anniversay run the same weekend and we'll have these too....

http://beerandmicrobrews.com/sn-annev-ale.jpg

Now that is a beer, not so sure about the other...................Ok OK I guess it is a beer too:D

SRT08BUS
02-28-2010, 07:59 PM
I was thinking that Argentine pass and McClellan Pass for the easy run. Any thoughts on the hard run for the day before and a place to camp, and it might be nice to make it easier for all to make it to camp. And when I go camping I like to fish so a lake or stream spot would be sweet!

SRT08BUS
03-02-2010, 02:27 PM
I'd still be willing to do HC now for the hard, run any places to to camp up or around there? I'd still like the camp spot easy so anyone can come.

MDH33
03-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Great camping up by HC.

I'd still like the camp spot easy so anyone (who drives an FJC) can come.

Fixed it for you... ;)

SRT08BUS
03-02-2010, 02:41 PM
who's to say that some of the; 40,60,80,55,100,200,45 or trucks can't come up to camp, whoever and then went to do there own rival runs, or just grab a seat and not have to do any driving and take in the views. You can have a rival anti-FJC Run and mock us over your HAM's. My hope is to be able to listen in on my own.

Uncle Ben
03-02-2010, 03:39 PM
I see a future in Matt, Kevin and Chris runs! Then there will be the BFG, Toyo, Maxxis, Goodyear and Swamper runs! ;) :lmao:

simps80
03-11-2010, 11:57 AM

http://www.40cozy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/pabst_40oz.jpg

it's getting really tough, but yes, the 80's only 'run' is possible...
you take 2 of MDH33's '40's only' and put 'em in here:

start getting into the 100's only and then the 200's only...sheesh...

Snowrun
03-11-2010, 12:55 PM
it's getting really tough, but yes, the 80's only 'run' is possible...
you take 2 of MDH33's '40's only' and put 'em in here:

start getting into the 100's only and then the 200's only...sheesh...

Count me in :beer:

SRT08BUS
05-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm thinking of having the FJC run's game plan by June's meeting, but would like to hear from everybody what they think about a couple of ideas I've got.....

First off should we try to do a hard run one day camp somewhere easy to get to, and then easy/moderate the next day..and would it be better to have it Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun?

Second, would it be worth it to try to do a trail that might be on the list of the next to be closed down, I thought there was something being said about Kingston peak at the Rollins pass meeting, would it be wise to try to hit it before it's gone....and/or maybe to try to drum up support for keeping it open?

Third, should we just keep it one day and find a trail to suit the needs for all that might want to come, easy/med/hard.....FJC only of course:cool:

Caribou Sandstorm
05-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Personally, I like the idea of doing something that is endangered to being closed, unless that would be bad PR for the club.

Now that I know what IFS is, I would do that run also...Man the stuff you guys have to put up with from me is unbearable...:o

Brady, no you can't join us...:p:

FJBRADY
05-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Brady, no you can't join us...:p:

Dude with or with out my FJC I am crashing this party....besides you guys will need someone :cool:

Uncle Ben
05-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Dude with or with out my FJC I am crashing this party....besides you guys will need someone :cool:

Steve needs to add another winch to his real FJ if he's going to associate with the FJC crowd... :p:

http://www.monroecountyequipment.com/IM001767a.jpg

SRT08BUS
05-12-2010, 11:56 PM
http://www.monroecountyequipment.com/IM001767a.jpg

Now that's a low blow......but FN funny!

FJBRADY
05-13-2010, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=SRT08BUS;149424]Now that's a low blow......[QUOTE]

I did not see it that way.....I thought it was a Land Cruiser hug from UB! ;)

RedCreeper
05-13-2010, 10:22 AM
does that go on the front or back?

wesintl
05-13-2010, 10:29 AM
does that go on the front or back?

front of the jeep or back of the toyota, which ever you like :drumsticks:

corsair23
05-13-2010, 11:20 AM
front of the jeep or back of the toyota, which ever you like :drumsticks:

:lmao:

RedCreeper
05-13-2010, 11:37 AM
And it begins.......

RedCreeper
05-13-2010, 11:37 AM
snif snif

wesintl
05-13-2010, 04:02 PM
lol... I'm a huge fan of scramblers though... :D

could always mount it on the front of perrys thing:bolt:

Uncle Ben
05-13-2010, 04:08 PM

Scramblers were still made by AMC whom bought the whole company of Keiser. Therefor Scramblers are brothers of Ramblers and thats cool! It was a sad day when Chrysler bought the rights to the Jeep trade mark....as thats the day the heritage died and everything since then is just a Dodge! :(

RedCreeper
05-13-2010, 04:47 PM

could always mount it on the front of perrys thing:bolt:

Not till the SAS. Frame is already damaged.....:eek:

RedCreeper
05-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Scramblers were still made by AMC whom bought the whole company of Keiser. Therefor Scramblers are brothers of Ramblers and thats cool! It was a sad day when Chrysler bought the rights to the Jeep trade mark....as thats the day the heritage died and everything since then is just a Dodge! :(

Yes it was a sad day...

It had taken a long time for DODGE to figure it out. They are finally catching on. Glad Jeep did not fall to the waist side with the last demise. I still wont own a newer one but give them credit for the effort. Would like to see the J8 come out with a diesel. That would be cool. Its unfortunate that the Heritage has to live on in the owners. Even that is dwindling. Not that many OLD Jeep iron around. :mad: Getting hard to find stuff. :eek:

SRT08BUS
05-13-2010, 08:41 PM
If we did Kingston Peak on the second day, what would be a good hard/med trail to hit on the first day? And keeping that in mind where would be a good place to camp that would be easy for any FJC to reach?.....and I like fishing with my camping.

RedCreeper
05-14-2010, 10:10 AM
You can take yankee hill up to the backside of Kingston. I took a few FJCs from Kingston down Yankee a few years ago. As far as camping there is the spot that we had the cook out on for the Spooky Night run 2 years ago. Pretty open.

Caribou Sandstorm
05-15-2010, 10:46 AM
What about something a little bit more challenging?

What about Chinaman Gulch...FJC's run it at 8:30am and all other Toyota
4x4's run it together at 9:30?

That way we get the all FJC run going but the rest of the club can do it also.

Might be a fun day.

Brian and I now have 35's so we should be able to help any fellow FJC's get out of trouble. I can run it over the next week or so and then could lead the FJCs, if you want me to.

PhatFJ
05-15-2010, 10:53 AM

Might be a fun day.

Brian and I now have 35's so we should be able to help any fellow FJC's get out of trouble. I can run it over the next week or so and then could lead the FJCs, if you want me to.

Personally, I LOVE Chinaman Gulch, this is a trail that is challenging but doable with a stock FJC, with some obstacles that can be as difficult as you want to make them. :thumb:

Caribou Sandstorm
05-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Sounds like if we do it, we have an experienced Chimaman Gulch trail leader,

I can tail gun if needed

SRT08BUS
05-15-2010, 12:01 PM
I can run it over the next week or so and then could lead the FJCs, if you want me to.
I can tail gun if needed

I was thinking something like this, and would not be offended if you or anyone would want to be the trail leader or gunner. I was hoping someone that wheels a lot would want to take the helm on this one.

Caribou Sandstorm
05-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Ok Brandon lets work the FJC run together. But what about dates? What dates would work for you?

FJBRADY
05-16-2010, 10:01 AM

Might be a fun day.

I am in if you have it in your collective segregated hearts to allow me to start at 9:30.

SRT08BUS
05-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Ok Brandon lets work the FJC run together. But what about dates? What dates would work for you?

I was thinking the weekend of July 10/11 or 17/18, but didn't know if I'd be stepping on the toes of any other run? And didn't know if we should just do the run on a Sat or a Sun? I'll be camping out the night be for on what ever date we decide, even if it's not those two dates above.

And I'm willing to work on this together!

PhatFJ
05-16-2010, 03:12 PM

I can tail gun if needed

Hey my friend, I would be HAPPY to run gunner on this trail. I have only ran it once, over a year ago with Bill Morgan, Scott Yoder and a few others, it quickly became one of my favorite trails however!! I ran it with A-trac and rear locker, the only place I had trouble was at the V-notch and had to use my winch for the first time :eek: (lack of experience).. I think it would be a great idea to do a pre run on it just to see what the current conditions are. I would also recommend that those considering this run have sliders, rock guards and at least A-trac. Let me know on the pre run. Either weekend looks good for me. Talk to you soon...

Brian

SRT08BUS
05-16-2010, 05:27 PM
I was thinking that any time that is not to close to another run so maybe July 9-11, but willing to change it. I was also thinking about seeing if Red Cone/Webster Pass one day and camp some where along the way back on Webster to Guanella Pass, or on GP itself, and then hit Argentine Pass and McCellan Mtn. Not to say I wouldn't be up for anything, but will say that I am lacking on skid plates and lockers.