PDA

View Full Version : Cloning Icom radios - comm problem

60wag
02-05-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm trying to clone some Icom radios but am having a communications problem. When I connect to an HT with its cable, it works fine. When I try to connect to the mobile unit with a different cable and different software, I get a comm error. I know the cable might be the problem but it is new and "should" work. Any tips on troubleshooting the comm link to figure out if its the cable, the software, the port settings or the radio?

rover67
02-05-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't know how to trouble shoot what you have, but I have software and a cable for the IC-V8000 and my laptop. It might be able to just pull the info from one of the radios into a file that we can use to program the others.... I don't know if the software and cable is the same, i'd have to look.

I had to play around with Comm port settings to get it to work, but I couldn't tell you what I did.. I jsut clicked around till it worked.

let me know if you want to try it..

rover67
02-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Did you get it figured out Bruce?

60wag
02-09-2010, 06:10 AM
No, I still can't get it to download or upload. The error messages aren't descriptive enough to point me in a direction to fix it.

rover67
02-09-2010, 07:30 AM
That's no good. I just looked because I was going to suggest my cable and software but it all says it's for the V8000...

If you want to give it a try still I am more than happy to drop it off..