PDA

View Full Version : Halftime

pmccumber
02-07-2010, 09:27 PM
What was the halftime show? :)

Corbet
02-07-2010, 09:33 PM
don't know, didn't watch it. Too busy making a bottle of formula and building a fire in the fireplace to keep the :Princess: warm

Romer
02-07-2010, 09:47 PM
The Who and they looked and sounded better than the Stones did a few years ago. I was thinking that Mick Jagger was to old and lost his voice. Roger Daltry seemed to be in good shape for a guy in his mid to late 60's

wesintl
02-07-2010, 10:30 PM
I think pete towsends corpse was playing guitar.... It was lame

Can't they get a hip American band to play

corsair23
02-07-2010, 11:35 PM
I commented that this year the game was actually the best part of the Super Bowl for a change :hill:

I thought the commercials for the most part were lame (there were a couple ok ones but nothing that had me :lmao:) and the half-time show was ok.

Did you all catch the Tim Tebow/Focus on the Family ad? I was looking for it on account of the big hubbub that was going on last week in the media...I guess the Gloria Allred's of the world felt that CBS shouldn't air such a controversial ad :confused: - If I hadn't been looking for it I would have missed it...Seemed like a whole lot of stink for nothing IMO.

Uncle Ben
02-07-2010, 11:42 PM
The Who and they looked and sounded better than the Stones did a few years ago. I was thinking that Mick Jagger was to old and lost his voice. Roger Daltry seemed to be in good shape for a guy in his mid to late 60's

I thought Daltry was really stretching it to get the notes out.....the laser light and sync light show was superior to the performers!

bigbluefj
02-08-2010, 02:46 AM
Well thanks to the saints winning i can now buy my skidplate sooner than later, i won the final score in the pool i was in $500 yeah for me!!!!

60wag
02-08-2010, 05:28 AM
My younger daughter asked who was doing the halftime show this year.

I said, "Pete Townsend and Rodger Daltry."

She said, "Who?"

I said, "You're right!"

SRT08BUS
02-08-2010, 08:01 AM
was it just the Who or did they try 2 pair them with Lady GaGa or Katy Perry to create something that we need beer and hard LQ to help deal with? what was just done?

Air Randy
02-08-2010, 08:28 AM
I told my family that the rule should be if you qualify for AARP discounts or Social Security you shouldn't be allowed to play in the half time show :D.

I thought the best commercial by far was where the dog put his bark collar on his master and then barked to shock him so he could take his Doritos away from him.

The rest were pretty lame, including the Motorola commercial in the 3rd quarter. I can't believe we spent 2.5M on that.

Uncle Ben
02-08-2010, 08:40 AM
I told my family that the rule should be if you qualify for AARP discounts or Social Security you shouldn't be allowed to play in the half time show :D.

I thought the best commercial by far was where the dog put his bark collar on his master and then barked to shock him so he could take his Doritos away from him.

The rest were pretty lame, including the Motorola commercial in the 3rd quarter. I can't believe we spent 2.5M on that.

I can agree with everything on this post! Thank you Randy for speaking for me! :rolleyes: :lmao::lmao:

Rogue Leader
02-08-2010, 09:25 AM
I think they're using the old bands as an insurance measure against the Janet/Timberlake incident. Mic Jagger took his shirt off but everyone was so repulsed they didn't watch, allowing the network to forgo the editing.

MountainMan
02-08-2010, 09:55 AM
i liked the Brett Favre commercial.

Red_Chili
02-08-2010, 10:40 AM
The Betty White one wasn't too bad I guess.
The one where the kid tells the womanizer to behave was pretty good (and well deserved :lmao:).
The one where the guys are stone faced, reciting all their man duties they will perform, but only if they get the Dodge, wasn't bad.

NONE of them were worth the money though. And none made me want to buy the product unless I was going to anyway. Waste.

I liked the Who, what can I say. They ain't done yet. They formed the foundation for a lot of where music went from there. Great light show. Definite generational divide though, where I was.