PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Bearing Packing Party Location?

Air Randy
02-08-2010, 01:02 PM
I had a phone call during the meeting so I missed the discussion on this. Do we not have a location available for this?

If a more suitable location doesn't come available we can do it at my shop. I have 1 bay that is fully heated. We can put 1 vehicle in there along with a picnic table for rest breaks and lunch. Thats also where the beer fridge is.

I have 2 other unheated bays that can each accomodate 2 vehicles, so we would have the space for 4-5 vehicles to be inside. I don't have a hoist but I do have a floor jack, 2 sets of jack stands and a large enough compressor to run multiple air tools. If someone could bring a community parts washer or tub over for everyone to use we would have that covered. I do have a 90w barrel/pump we can use as long as everyone contributes lube to it. The only other issue would be disposal of the old oil which we can address with 5 gal buckets and a trip to Checker or Autozone. If we want to heat the other bays the club could consider covering the cost of renting a couple of big propane salamander heaters, that would make it toasty in there.

Dee even said she would cook up a big pot of chili for the group (which means we would have to be careful with open flames for heating:D).

Let me know what you think and when we would want to do it.

RicardoJM
02-08-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm looking for a new location for this year. Slee has been a very gracious host in the past, but this year there are a few things on his schedule, including the Moab pre-run that have me looking. I have a lead from another vendor that I am looking into.

I appreciate the offer to use your place. If it is is with everyone - let's use this thread (or send me a pm) with any other leads on facilities.

Red_Chili
02-09-2010, 09:38 AM
I have 1 bay that is fully heated. We can put 1 vehicle in there along with a picnic table for rest breaks and lunch. Thats also where the beer fridge is.

I have 2 other unheated bays that can each accomodate 2 vehicles, ...a large enough compressor to run multiple air tools.... big propane salamander heaters, that would make it toasty in there.

Dee even said she would cook up a big pot of chili for the group (which means we would have to be careful with open flames for heating:D).

I am not seeing a lot of downside to this option...
:lmao: