PDA

View Full Version : PETT toilets

Corbet
02-10-2010, 07:14 PM
OK, need to order a PETT for CM10 overnighter. Other than the actual PETT unit what accessories are worth while? Storage bag? Probably some extra bags:D Anything else?

Uncle Ben
02-10-2010, 07:53 PM
OK, need to order a PETT for CM10 overnighter. Other than the actual PETT unit what accessories are worth while? Storage bag? Probably some extra bags:D Anything else?

Check ebay! I have seen them there several times. TRDparts4u.com is a great vendor!

Corbet
02-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Check ebay! I have seen them there several times. TRDparts4u.com is a great vendor!

Pretty much planning to buy from TRD unless I find it much cheaper somewhere else. Will check Ebay.

Red_Chili
02-10-2010, 10:41 PM
The storage bag/backpack is overpriced... and excellent. Very convenient to keep everything together. Get some wag bags and yer dun. Oh yeah... a privy tent.

corsair23
02-10-2010, 11:11 PM
I'd get the whole shebang :hill: - Toilet, privy tent, storage bag, and PLENTY of wag bags...

The wag bags are pricey, but if you buy them in bulk you save $$...Just hard to part with that much $$ for that many bags at one time.

Red_Chili
02-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Compactor trash bags (thicker plastic... do I have to explain??) and kitty litter make an acceptable, and MUCH cheaper, substitute, for base camp application at least.

RockRunner
02-11-2010, 09:21 AM
THey sell them at the Army surplus store on Broadway. I got the bags there as well as a chair that was $10, granted it is just a collapsible aluminum fishing chair bit it works and is cheap. Bought it for the Rubithon that never happened.

I plan to use wag bags in the camper when we go up next time. Don't want to put water in yet, not until it stops freezing. Plus it is easier to clean.

Corbet
04-05-2010, 07:36 PM
I picked up a cheap privacy tent today at walmart for $40. For the money it should work great. Set up was easy and it seems sturdy enough. Steel poles. Only complaint is the floor is sewn in. Has drains for shower but I'd rather there be no floor at all.

MDH33
04-05-2010, 07:45 PM
I have been using Wag Bags, a 5 gallon bucket and a Lugable Loo seat. Does the job well. The Wag Bag seal up well and aren't too gross.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/emoticons/images/p/poop-411.gif

Shark Bait
04-05-2010, 08:53 PM
When you call TRD please thank them for supporting TLCA. A little bit goes a long way. :grinpimp:

Bighead
04-05-2010, 08:58 PM
What are you guys using for temporary storage of your "used" wag bags?

MDH33
04-05-2010, 09:45 PM

Open top 40. :hill:

Romer
04-05-2010, 10:11 PM
I bought the whole system and backpack set up. I recommend the backpack. It comes with everything you need. Should come with enough WAG bags to get started. You can order another 12 or 50 depending on how much you use it.

We used it on the Rubicon and it works well. Matt really liked Jeff's setup and Jeff had a hard time scheduling his private time :D

Uncle Ben
04-05-2010, 10:13 PM

Try to sneak them into Romers Cruiser! ;)

nakman
04-05-2010, 11:03 PM

Yeah, x2.. or into his trash bag when he's yakking away by the fire.. :campfire: then take a beer from his fridge.

seriously if you have to transport then put them into another trash bag, then stuff them into the inside of your spare tire on back. then ditch it at the next dumpster. :D

Corbet
04-06-2010, 08:03 AM
I figure I'l use either a 50cal ammo can or a river dry bag to seal in the freshness:D Though I really do like the idea of Romer's truck.

For BFE is should not be a problem. Throw them in my normal trash bag and dispose of them in the dumpster.

DaveInDenver
04-06-2010, 09:24 AM
I figure I'l use either a 50cal ammo can or a river dry bag to seal in the freshness:D Though I really do like the idea of Romer's truck.

For BFE is should not be a problem. Throw them in my normal trash bag and dispose of them in the dumpster.
The ammo can is my solution, good enough for open boaters, good enough for me. They do seal well and take abuse without stinking (put a bag of cedar chips in it) or leaking. Also easy to keep clean or replace.

There's got to be an 'explosive' joke there someplace.

BTW, we use the Luggable Loo solution, too.

Bighead
04-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Open top 40. :hill:

Yeah, x2.. or into his trash bag when he's yakking away by the fire.. :campfire: then take a beer from his fridge.

So I guess the take-away from this is to keep my windows up and to stay upwind of Romer's 80. ;)