PDA

View Full Version : first time to cruise moab - what to bring

Beater
04-18-2006, 07:18 PM
I thought this might be a good thread to add on, maybe form a "club checklist" for events. This will be my first cruise moab event, and indeed, my first moab trip in over 2 years.

my planned vehicle gear:

120 piece craftsmen set
5lb BFHjr
welding rod
jump/power source
recovery gear
hi-lift
blanket
shovel
air compressor
various gauge wire
various tapes
tire repair kit
jb weld
pepper (radiator stop leak)
fluids
first aid kit
trail spill kit

what am I missing?

suggested list of spares for an 80 with stock gearing?

Rzeppa
04-18-2006, 07:33 PM
We had a a similar thread some months ago about what to bring on trail runs. Instead of going through the usual spares and tools, I'll offer a variation:

Field glasss
Leather gloves
Camera (extra batteries/film as applicable)
Hand held CB
Sun Screen
Garbage bags
Paper Towels
RV plug power adapter
Power stripline
Duct Tape!!!
Steel gutter spikes instead of worthless tent pegs
BFH and MFH, both for trail repairs and gutter spikes
Small notebook and pen
Small calculator
Lots of bungies and tie-downs

All for now, back to rig-prepping

Uncle Ben
04-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Beer, flashlight, beer, sleeping bag, beer, credit card and beer! Any questions? Just kidding....don't need the flashlight! :lmao: :lmao: :drink: :hill:

Shark Bait
04-18-2006, 10:17 PM
90 Wt. gear oil
grease
spare seals
spare axle parts (read Birfields)
water
radiator hoses

And you 80 series guys can fly your pink panties from your antenna, or is that just the LX'ers? :lmao: :grinpimp:

Oh yeah, spare :kipper: !! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :eek:

Uncle Ben
04-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Think thats Romers gig.....80's do 'Latte's 450's do the pink panty thang. :Princess: :eek: ;)
90 Wt. gear oil
grease
spare seals
spare axle parts (read Birfields)
water
radiator hoses

And you 80 series guys can fly your pink panties from your antenna, or is that just the LX'ers? :lmao: :grinpimp:

Oh yeah, spare :kipper: !! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :eek:

Hulk
04-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Portable hot tub
Machete
Fleshlight
Maggot repellent
Parka
Onion Cologne
Small bag of broken glass
Purple dominoes
Frampton Comes Alive! (CD ok, vinyl preferred)
Powerball tickets
Jello
Map of Wisconsin

IanB
04-19-2006, 06:30 AM
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: and a :flamingo:

Romer
04-19-2006, 07:32 AM
Lots of Beer, we get thirsty

nakman
04-19-2006, 08:40 AM
what Ian said. Oh and MEAT. lots of meat. burgers, steaks, dogs, some jerkey for the truck.. I'm thinking of doing a roast on Thursday, then feeding everyone the run I'm leading.

wesintl
04-19-2006, 08:44 AM
John, Make sure you have Burritos, chimis, taquitos etc. for the trail cooker...

oh wait, what trail are you running thrusday Tim? :)

Thanks for the reminder. I need a couple of spare inner axle seals in case I lose a birf. I'm calling Jerry now.

Uncle Ben
04-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Portable hot tub
Machete
Fleshlight
Maggot repellent
Parka
Onion Cologne
Small bag of broken glass
Purple dominoes
Frampton Comes Alive! (CD ok, vinyl preferred)
Powerball tickets
Jello
Map of Wisconsin

:lmao: :lmao: ROFLMAO! :D :thumb:

Uncle Ben
04-19-2006, 09:03 AM
what Ian said. Oh and MEAT. lots of meat. burgers, steaks, dogs, some jerkey for the truck.. I'm thinking of doing a roast on Thursday, then feeding everyone the run I'm leading. Mmmmmmmm....nothing like raw meat to keep ya moving! :hill:

nakman
04-19-2006, 09:12 AM
Now now, the oven will be at least 50 warmer in the desert than it was on our snowy night run last summer....

Uncle Ben
04-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Now now, the oven will be at least 50 warmer in the desert than it was on our snowy night run last summer....

So your saying we wont have to actually catch it before it's eatin this time? :lmao: :flamingo: :cheers:

IanB
04-19-2006, 12:32 PM
.... don't forget the :flamingo: , you can never have enough :beer: or :flamingo: 's.