View Full Version : FS 97 LX450 Parts Car/Rebuilder

02-14-2010, 07:02 PM
So I'm thinking of going another route.

Vehicle is Black 97 LX450 with Lockers. 155k miles. Damage is cosmetic to the hood, headlight, radiator supports, valance, passenger door. Oleg @ Irbis has quoted $2150 to get her back to new.

If anyone wants to beat what insurance will pay me for it, it's yours. But someone will have to jump in within the first half of this week.

02-14-2010, 09:52 PM
If you decide to keep it and part it out, I'd REALLY be interested in the PS headlight and both visors...Maybe some other stuff I can't think of right now...

What is the insurance company offering? I don't need an entire LX, just wondering.

02-15-2010, 04:26 AM
Well if you do decide to part it i would like dibs on the front and rear diffs...

02-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Yep, add me to the list of "i'd be interested in some parts if you go the part-it-out-route". I'm looking for a few small parts like the washer diverter valve as well as trying to find a set of decent wheels for a summer/winter set. Sorry, dont think I could swing the space/money for a whole parts car.

Edit: what kind of condition is the engine in? There is a small potential I may need to swap pending some diagnosis work tomorrow....


02-15-2010, 01:09 PM
So what is the insurance company offering you?

02-15-2010, 01:11 PM

02-15-2010, 02:07 PM

They're offering you $4k for repairs, or is that the buyback cost if they total it? If Oleg can fix it up for $2150 or even $3k, seems like you'd be money ahead.

As much as I'd like you to part it out so I might actually be able to get a PS headlight and visors that don't droop, I'm thinking fixing her up would be the better choice... Good luck with whatever you decide to do :thumb:

02-15-2010, 02:10 PM
The buyback (keep car after settlement) is $4k (what they claim they'd get for it at salvage(bull****). But there's lots of pros/cons here with no clear easy decision. I have utmost confidence in Oleg, but there's pros and cons for multiple routes.
Thank you all for your support. Sucks that to this point I haven't been as active on here as I'd wished. Too little too late, eh? (tho I'll have a chassis with the lift & tires one way or another through all of this and hope to finally meet some of y'all very sooN)

02-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Would love the cash(and time & space) to build this one into a 'shortbus'-like build, as opposed to going off a Taco chassis I have and needing to do the SAS before Truggy (though i do realize these locked 80 axles would be nice for that project....OY!)

02-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Sell it to them for 4k.

02-15-2010, 04:13 PM
That leaves me looking for another chassis. Or, I can just buy it off 'em and put $3k into Oleg's excellent work. Oysh!

02-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Negotiate more :D - Something tells me the last thing they want to deal with is a banged up vehicle for auction...See if you can get them to come down on price (maybe by 1/2) to keep the rig. Keep the chassis for your project and I would have to think you could get at least 1/2 of the $2K back in parting stuff out if not way more...Although parting out a rig sounds like a LOT of work...

02-15-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm not going to part it. I have two sports cars parted out in my garage waiting for me to have time to eBay parts already.

Options are keep and Olegify it. Sell it to someone who wants to part it/fix it (or to the insurance company). You're right about trying harder to negotiate but so far attempts have gotten me nowhere

02-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Is this bone stock? If not what mods? Can you post some pictures, and particularly pix of the damage? I may be interested and have cash if the deal makes sense.

02-15-2010, 04:52 PM
It'd be back to stock. I have a Slee 4" I'm pulling off it and 35"s mounted on stock rims that i'm keeping. i'd need to find cheapo wheels/tires when i give it over to insurance.


02-15-2010, 05:55 PM
It'd be back to stock. I have a Slee 4" I'm pulling off it and 35"s mounted on stock rims that i'm keeping. i'd need to find cheapo wheels/tires when i give it over to insurance.


I sent you a PM.

02-16-2010, 04:52 PM
LOL, okay i told them their 'salvage value' (buy back) price was utter bull****, and they re-ran #s and now it's NOT a total loss, and they're back to a few cosmetic parts fully covered. insurance companes == Grrrr :-p

02-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Thats crap..

My 1994 190k miles was "totalled" in December (as in a few months ago). I was offered $6600 to total it.
I "bought" it back and was given a check for $5600

Mine was NOT cosmetically clean at all!

My damage estimate was over 5k from the adjuster and body shop... 4k is ridiculously low.

I spent $480 in parts and it is back on the road ;) I replaced the valance, one turn, both headlights. I should have replaced the hood.. but its a beater. My grill is zip tied in... again its a beater..

BTW don't buy used headlights.. cruiserparts.net sold me brand new toyotas for $180... Well worth it..