PDA

View Full Version : It's Official...

CardinalFJ60
02-16-2010, 09:16 AM
After all these years in the club, I'm finally making it to Cruise Moab! Wah-HOO!!! :D

nakman
02-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Alright!! Looking forward to it Shawn, it's hot out in the desert so make sure you bring plenty of liquids... ;)

Hulk
02-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Awesome! You will love it. What trails are you running?

FJBRADY
02-16-2010, 10:20 AM
After all these years in the club, I'm finally making it to Cruise Moab! Wah-HOO!!! :D

Are you taking the 60? I saw it Saturday at Dr. Antonson's surgical suite!

bh4rnnr
02-16-2010, 10:22 AM

:cool:

Awesome! You will love it. What trails are you running?

Shawn filled me in last night:

BFE
Upper Proving Grounds
Upper Helderado

:eek::hill:

CardinalFJ60
02-16-2010, 10:30 AM
I believe Chicken Corners (mostly for the pics), EHill, Fins. I'm already 'checked out' at work thinking about it! (sssshhhh, don't tell my boss).

I do plan on taking the 60...the new and improved 60, that is! ;)

:bowdown: :robbie: :D

Groucho
02-16-2010, 11:47 AM
'Bout time!!

CardinalFJ60
02-16-2010, 12:01 PM
'Bout time!!

I couldn't agree more!!! I'm sooooo ready to catch up with you wacky folks that I've seen in a while! :cheers::thumb:

CardinalFJ60
02-16-2010, 12:03 PM
:cool:

Shawn filled me in last night:

BFE
Upper Proving Grounds
Upper Helderado

:eek::hill:

HAHAH!! maybe next year!!:hill: I'll need some re-edu-ma-cation when the tires hit the dirt this year.

Hulk
02-16-2010, 05:41 PM
I believe Chicken Corners (mostly for the pics), EHill, Fins. I'm already 'checked out' at work thinking about it! (sssshhhh, don't tell my boss).

I do plan on taking the 60...the new and improved 60, that is!

Are you coming by yourself or bringing family?

If family: be warned that Elephant Hill is a long day. It's gorgeous and I highly recommend it, but you should prepare your wife up front. It's probably easier with a baby (who will sleep) than a toddler (who will get tired quickly of being in the car for so long).

If no family: run something other than Chicken Corners. It's a neat trail, but you won't learn anything. You could run Poison Spider, Metal Masher, Porcupine Rim, Gold Bar Rim or Hells Revenge with no problem. Golden Spike or Kane Creek would be OK too, if you have a lift and rear locker.

nakman
02-16-2010, 06:05 PM
If you can get onto Kane Creek that would be the perfect run for you... lots of fun stuff, then two obstacles where you won't feel like a wuss for flipping on both lockers. Then more fun stuff, and short drive back to BFE.

Hulk
02-16-2010, 06:08 PM
If you can get onto Kane Creek that would be the perfect run for you... lots of fun stuff, then two obstacles where you won't feel like a wuss for flipping on both lockers. Then more fun stuff, and short drive back to BFE.

Cardinal, you're double locked? No Chicken Corners for you! Heck, go run Behind The Rocks.

CardinalFJ60
02-18-2010, 09:34 AM
I chose those trails from the list of available ones...how much flexibility is there in jumping on trails you're not originally signed up for? If I can move things around, I'm totally down with these suggestions.

OH...and no family...I'm doin' this solo. Look out Moab! this is the first time "Dad" has been out and about in over three years!!:beer::beer: This falls close to my toddler's B-Day, so next year I think we'll try to do a dad/son trip.

I was rationalizing the Chicken Corners for picture taking, but would love to do other, slightly challenging trails. I've been on the pavement for a while and my truck is currently built better than my driving skills. :o that's why I'll try to follow one of you guys if I can.