PDA

View Full Version : cassette adapter for sale

nakman
02-16-2010, 10:56 PM
I can't believe I waited so long to upgrade from a stock stereo. I guess my OEM purist days are over, I've jumped ship.. I picked up a Kenwood KDC-BT742U off a kid on CL for $100. Had to then buy a wiring harness and install kit, and also bought a faceplate case.. so I'm into this for about $150 now. Pretty happy with it.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/products/2008/113/h113BT742U-o-fr_mt.jpeg

I've had it installed for about 2 hours now, and so far have manged to hook up the iPod, fiddle with 1000 speaker settings, and BT connect my phone. When you listen to the iPod it tells you what you're listening to (big upgrade from the cassette thing, you can see who I'm running below). also somehow it sucked up my address book from my phone, so I can scroll through those to make calls, or just dial using the buttons on the remote :hill: If you call me, I'll see your name on the screen, and if you text me I can read it on the radio. I feel like I've jumped forward about 3 technology generations..

What appealed to me about this radio was the faceplate inputs for a USB and a 1/8" stereo. These are $200+shipping new at Crutchfield http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113BT742U/Kenwood-KDC-BT742U.html?search=kenwood+BT742&ssi=0&tp=5684, I was going to cheap out and but a new non-bluetooth one but I'm happy I went with this used one instead.

I still can't figure out how to set a radio preset... I'll get there. Oh, and the kid left this techno dance music CD in the player, I didn't like it at first but it actually thumps pretty good, about the beat of Perry's head here... :perry:

couple pics:

nakman
02-16-2010, 10:57 PM
as for the cassette adapter, make me an offer :D

Hulk
02-17-2010, 12:39 AM
I'll start: one bucket of used Toyota red coolant with only minimal dirt at the bottom.

DaveInDenver
02-17-2010, 05:54 AM
If it works in our factory Bosch radio I'll take it for real. We still rock tapes in the Jetta.