PDA

View Full Version : fj60 rear brake parts

nuclearlemon
02-19-2010, 04:36 PM
need four sets of the brake shoe hold down springs, washers, pins (examples of where they go and the type of washer they take below, they are longer than fj40 pins, which i have a bunch of if anyone needs any), and two of the end springs for the shoes.

anybody got some spare parts?

rover67
02-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Hey Ige, I might have some parts in the garage, but I wont be around till sunday. I got that stuff for my truck at Napa (came in the spring kit) if you want to check there before then..

RicardoJM
02-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Ige, I have the springs from my FJ40 front drums. I cleaned them up in the parts washer and were in such good shape, I couldn't bring myself to toss them. If they fit you are welcome to them. I don't have the pins and clips, but just picked some up for my parking brake from Jerry at Groove.

nuclearlemon
02-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Ige, I have the springs from my FJ40 front drums. I cleaned them up in the parts washer and were in such good shape, I couldn't bring myself to toss them. If they fit you are welcome to them. I don't have the pins and clips, but just picked some up for my parking brake from Jerry at Groove.

40 stuff is different. got a bunch of that if anyone needs some;)

nuclearlemon
02-24-2010, 08:50 PM
well, picked up a kit from napa and got the springs and rubber plugs for the back. had two sets of nails in them, one set long, one set short. too bad neither was long enough:( so still on the lookout for two nails. all the rest i've got

rover67
02-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Dang, that's a bumer Ige. I used the Napa kit for an 85 60 and it worked for me...

Also, I looked in the garage and I can't find the stuff I thought I had.

nuclearlemon
02-24-2010, 10:19 PM
i may just make my own