PDA

View Full Version : More Free stuff...repeaters

chtucker
03-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Ok, so the thoughts on getting rid of the speakers have made think about getting rid of more "junk"

I have access to multiple Motorola MSR2000 repeaters (don't ask how many)... Both in the UHF and VHF bands. I have not done the research, but I "believe" these can be pushed into the ham bands.

They are CRYSTAL radios... meant for base station/repeaters. I have duplexers for the UHF and maybe the VHF...

I can assist with tuning of the radios. I have all test equipment..

They are FREE, but you promise to put them into use. YOU buy the crystals. I have can maybe help with the CTCSS reeds..

This things are F#$*& heavy. I won't nilly willy give them away if I can't be assured they will be put into service...

Soooo anyone know of where to get rid of them? I have 19" racks (open 6's), small floor cabinets to go with them...

corsair23
03-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Calling the RS HAM Repeater Builder dudes....Please chime in on thread #12361 please :D

DaveInDenver
03-03-2010, 11:51 PM
PM sent, talk to you later Howard.

chtucker
03-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Duplexer maybe, programmable radios maybe a repeater for loan for cruise moab..

chtucker
03-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Ok... I pmed Dave..

I have a duplexer.. it will require some recabling. I have the test equipment to help tune it to the ham bands. There is discussion on some postings on the internet about adding some bandpass filtering... I think with less than 50watts you should be fine as is...

The question for you all are:

How high tech do you want to go? How much power?

Here are your choices:

Maxtrac: Programable radio.. I have software cables. Most of what I have is 45 watt radios... Medium grade. can be made into repeaters pretty easily with an aftermarket controller.. lots of stuff on the web

Maratrac:Programable radio. I have software cables. Mobile radio deck, a little more soldering to make into a repeater.. built like brick poop house. 100watts, but should probably have a fan on it at the least, possibly take the exciter power out and run an external amp... I have some GE master III PAs that I think go into the ham band with 50 amp DC power supplies

Motorola MT1000 portables... Programable, 5 watt can make a brief case repeater...

What kind of coax do you want? Do you have anything? Is this going to be permanent somewhere?

Goto http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/ and read up and make some decisions...

DaveInDenver
03-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Most likely a repeater would end on one of the Colorado SNP.

Colorado Shared Non-Protected (SNP) Repeater Pairs
5 Channels, 15 KHz channel spacing, 0.6 MHz input/output, 16K0F3E.
Input / Output
144.590 / 145.190
144.605 / 145.205
146.175 / 146.775
147.765 / 147.165
147.915 / 147.315

Based on the manual you sent me I think we'd have to pick one of the two 147MHz frequencies to be sure on the duplexer. I figure it probably would tune down to 145, but the spec list 146-174 so 147 would be a pretty sure thing.

The repeater would be mobile on a trailer, not permanent. It would be powered via batteries and maybe someday generators and/or solar. So power is a concern, thus probably a around 50W nominal TX.

We are planning on an NHRC controller or some sort.

Off to a meeting, try and call later. Thanks Howard!