PDA

View Full Version : Will be coming from New York to CM2010

rhyary
03-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Well, it looks like the stars a aligned and I will be making the 2100 miles trip to CM2010.

I will be leaving NY Friday and hope to get to the site Monday.

Looking forward to meet many usernames I see on the 80 section on MUD.

Rami (rhyary on MUD)
1996 LX450

wesintl
03-04-2010, 01:49 PM
cool.. mohab is fun, fun, fun!

corsair23
03-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Wow that is a long trip :D

Looking forward to meeting you out in Moab :thumb:

FJBRADY
03-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Awesome!

You are going to have to eat at the little Italian place in Mohab, it's out of this world, fagetabahdit!

Hulk
03-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Well, it looks like the stars a aligned and I will be making the 2100 miles trip to CM2010.

I will be leaving NY Friday and hope to get to the site Monday.

Looking forward to meet many usernames I see on the 80 section on MUD.

Rami (rhyary on MUD)
1996 LX450

Really cool! You may be an easy win for the "Iron Butt" Award. :)

Just checking: you have registered for the event already, right?

Mendocino
03-04-2010, 03:27 PM
I'll buy you and Iron Butt beer.

Romer
03-04-2010, 04:01 PM
That same italian place is also in Boulder and just south of Park meadows :D

Uncle Ben
03-04-2010, 06:17 PM
That same italian place is also in Boulder and just south of Park meadows :D

You must be speaking of Pasta J's

rhyary
03-05-2010, 07:43 AM
yes I am registered
I'll post the trails I am on shortly to make sure they are worth 4200 miles round trip :-)

Inukshuk
03-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Awesome!

You are going to have to eat at the little Italian place in Mohab, it's out of this world, fagetabahdit!

Duh, he's from NYC. As a fellow but ex-NYC native I am sorry to inform you that Pasta J's would rate lower than dirty water dog (i.e., hot dog vendor cart for you hilbillies) ;) in NYC.

Now, bring me bagels and a few black & white cookies and I will make sure you see parts of Moab the trail books leave out!

rhyary
03-05-2010, 09:17 AM
FJbrady,
I think that by the time I see you the bagel will be stale, nevertheless, I am planing to stay past CM dates heading home Friday. So I am looking for couple more off-roading days after CM.

So if anyone has any suggestions or want to wheel past Moab that will be excellent.
However, I am not looking to break anything so trails have to be appropriate.

TIA

FJBRADY
03-05-2010, 09:21 AM
As a fellow but ex-NYC native

Let him know that he does not want to buy his alcohol in UT!:drink::campfire:

FJBRADY
03-05-2010, 09:23 AM
FJbrady,
I think that by the time I see you the bagel will be stale, nevertheless, I am planing to stay past CM dates heading home Friday. So I am looking for couple more off-roading days after CM.

So if anyone has any suggestions or want to wheel past Moab that will be excellent.
However, I am not looking to break anything so trails have to be appropriate.

TIA

It's all good....what trails are you signed up for? I know this guy who did Cliff Hanger, Hells gate in a stock 08 FJC....he's a stud! :hill:

rhyary
03-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Here are my trails registration:
Feel free to comment on my selection, all I know is from the description of the trails on the CM site.

Thursday 1st: Rating: 6 Cliff Hanger - 7 Spots Left
Friday 1st: Rating: 5 Porcupine Rim - 10 Spots Left
Saturday 1st: Rating: 4 Fins & Things - 13 Spots Left

Romer
03-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Looks like you will be running Fins with me on Saturday. Thats a great trail and you will enjoy it

FJBRADY
03-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Here are my trails registration:
Feel free to comment on my selection, all I know is from the description of the trails on the CM site.

Thursday 1st: Rating: 6 Cliff Hanger - 7 Spots Left
Thursday 2nd: Rating: 2 Chicken Corners - 20 Spots Left
Thursday 3rd: No Trail Run
Thursday BLM: 1
Friday 1st: Rating: 5 Porcupine Rim - 10 Spots Left
Friday 2nd: Rating: 5 Gold Bar Rim - 3 Spots Left
Friday 3rd: Rating: 2 Chicken Corners - 20 Spots Left
Friday BLM: 1
Saturday 1st: Rating: 4 Fins & Things - 13 Spots Left
Saturday 2nd: Rating: 6 Kane Creek Canyon - 6 Spots Left
Saturday 3rd: No Trail Run
Saturday BLM: 1

Good deal.....all good. CH is probably the most difficult in the list you have and fins is a fun day! Hope to meet you I will listen out for the NYC accent!

rhyary
03-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Well, I do have an accent, but not a NYC one.
Besides I live in Albany NY :-)

Rock Dog
03-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Good deal.....all good. CH is probably the most difficult in the list you have and fins is a fun day! Hope to meet you I will listen out for the NYC accent!

It has been a couple years, since i have done Kane creek, but the take out on Kane creek may be the toughest... The pucker factor is big on Cliff hanger....

If this is his first time, they will ALL be great trails!!! and he may get a change at the Photo op on Porcupine Rim....

Corbet
03-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Looks like you'll be with me on Porcupine Rim Friday. That one is worth the view alone.

What mods have you done to your LX450? Cliff Hanger is the only reason I ask. Some good sized ledges on that one.

rhyary
03-07-2010, 02:33 PM
96 LX450; Locked; 4" Slee; 4.88; GY 315/75/16 MTR Kevlar ; CDL Pin 7; 2nd Bat; Slee's light harness and sliders; IPOR skid, ARB, M12000, 150amp, Wagongeared tail, 4x4labs with Dixon Bates.

LARGEONE
03-07-2010, 02:43 PM
None of those trails should be an issue with regard to your vehicle!

EDIT: they won't be boring either...your should have lots of fun!!! Perfect choices!

rhyary
03-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Great!
I will be insterested on doing other trails after CM is over. So if anyone has suggestions on trails or showing me trails on May 3rd-May 6th it will be great.
I have the following suggestion already:

"I would head into the hinterlands.....Beef Basin, or Lockhart Canyon....are you traveling alone? If you are with at least one other truck I would do Hole in the Rock trail (not the dirt road of the same name)....it is epic!"

Hulk
03-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Damn, that's a sweet truck!!!

You have some good trails picked, but you can run virtually any of our mainstay trails with the way you are built. Kane Creek Canyon would be especially fun.

You're going to love Moab.

farnhamstj
03-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Welcome, see you there. Have a safe drive, stay awake.

rhyary
03-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Having never done the trek west by car, it looks like I can cross over on either 70 or 80.
Can someone give me a pointer on choosing the quickest route not only in distance which I can get on Google, but easier to drive by myself.

On this trip, I am not looking to make the trip interesting. I just want to get to BFE as simple and quickly as possible.

Tx
Rami

FJBRADY
03-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Having never done the trek west by car, it looks like I can cross over on either 70 or 80.
Can someone give me a pointer on choosing the quickest route not only in distance which I can get on Google, but easier to drive by myself.

On this trip, I am not looking to make the trip interesting. I just want to get to BFE as simple and quickly as possible.

Tx
Rami

I would say I-80 all the way across to Western Neb. pick up 76 to Denver and I-70 through Colorado to Moab. :cheers:

Old40Dog
03-13-2010, 10:00 PM
I would say I-80 all the way across to Western Neb. pick up 76 to Denver and I-70 through Colorado to Moab. :cheers:

2nd that Steve! I've driven from Denver to PA and back on that route and it's likely the most direct.

BTW...Upstate NY is NOT NYC....by any means....Rhyary, lookin' forward to meeting you there! :beer: You bringing any Genesee with you ? :lmao: I'll likely have some Singletrack around if you like some CO microbrew....Good luck on the "Iron Butt" trip!

rhyary
05-10-2010, 01:45 PM
to all,
I am sadly back home after unforgettable drive to Moab.
To all I met, many thanks for your hospitality. I got to do the following trails:
Monday - Chicken Corner with Joel and Dino (photographers for Toyo 4x4 mag)
Gemini Bridges with Joel and Dino

Tue - Metal Masher led by Furnum, and I got to recover Tom using my new to me setup of Dixon Bates tow hooks and master pull rope.
Wed/Thu overrnight led by Curt, entertained by Jimmy, and fed by Jeramey
Fri - Porcupine Rim led by Corbet
Sat - Fins and things led by Romer
Sun - Arches, first the road and in the PM we took a back trail into Arches led by Olef, one of Area BFE owners.
Monday - Elephant Hill with Jonathan
Tue/Wed - White Rim with Jonathan - camping at Tylor canyon
Thu - heading home 600 miles east
Fri - 1150 miles driving east
Sat - about 350 miles getting home 1pm.

Overall, - unforgettable journey.

You can see daily pictures here:
http://www.photobucket.com/cm2010

RockRunner
05-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Great to hear you made it home save and enjoyed yourself. Sounds like you hit a lot of trails and took full advantage of your time you had. Next year you will need to bring some more people from your club and you can be there tour guide.

corsair23
05-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Great to hear you made it home save and enjoyed yourself. Sounds like you hit a lot of trails and took full advantage of your time you had. Next year you will need to bring some more people from your club and you can be there tour guide.

x2

It was great meeting you Rami :thumb: - Thanks for bringing the disconnect brackets all the way from NY with you too.

rover67
05-10-2010, 02:43 PM
It was great meeting you Rami, had a blast with you on the overnighter!