PDA

View Full Version : Old Warn 8274 / Parts - $125

coax
03-07-2010, 06:03 PM
So my plan of buying an ARB commercial and using my old 8274 is no more. I started to disassemble it and came across three main problems which I don't have the time to fix, but maybe someone else does. Or maybe it could be used just for parts.

Winch came on my old fj55, which was neglected, and it appears so was the winch. When I drained it, it was a mix of about 1/2 water and 1/2 oil.

Good:

It's a winch

The 3 large bad things:

The larger gear in the lower housing is, well, not seized but on there good enough where it wont slide out.
The gear on the motor that is supposed to slide back and forth for freespool is seized. (And therefor you cant remove the motor completely from the upper housing)
The brake mechanism is (I think) seized such that the outer drum wont come off.

The other not so good stuff:

Rigged Remote Control
Cable is frayed in some places.
It's in pieces cause it needs to be rebuilt. Therefor cant show that it did infact work when it was all together. (and by work I mean cable in and out with the remote. Never got the piggy working enough to really need to use the winch)
3 out of 4 bolts snapped when removing it from the 55 and are still in the housing. Would need to be drilled out or some such.
Fairlead is in marginal condition.

Pics from when it was together:
http://picasaweb.google.com/hobogoesrogue/Warn8274#

Pics now:
http://picasaweb.google.com/hobogoesrogue/WinchApart#

All parts accounted for. This is too big of a project for me when I have so much other work needing done on the cruiser. Not even sure what this is worth. I'll start with $125 and if no one wants to buy it I'll know its too high :D May be useful just for parts.

Corey

wesintl
03-07-2010, 06:06 PM
i'll take it

coax
03-08-2010, 09:26 AM
PM sent

subzali
03-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Wes you'd better do a write-up or something of what you did/how you bring this thing back to life.

Rezarf
03-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Bummer, I'd be all over that just for the soleniods.

coax
03-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Maybe PM Wes? Not sure if he was planning on restoring or just using for the freespool upper housing. May be able to split the cost... Edit: if that is the case, I could probably get the winch to Louisville quicker than Denver, if your paths would cross.