PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a mag mount Ham antena I can borrow?

RockRunner
03-09-2010, 11:13 AM
I have a hard mount radio I got from John, 80Lowlux4x4, but no antenna. I DO NOT have my license yet, working on it, but I just want to bring it with me for emergencies. I was planning on the test a few weeks ago but the Sharon :Princess: changed my plans

If you have one I can buy or borrow I would really appreciate it, I am not happy with this Moab trip and want to be able to call if needed.

I know the rules and don't want to break them but I do not want to be stuck somewhere in no mans land with no communication.

Even a HT would work if you have one. I would be very thankful for this.

nakman
03-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I've got one Tom. It's got a PL-259 connector on it, aka normal coax for normal rigs, not the small one for an HT and I don't have an adapter for an HT- what kind of radio do you have?

I could also bring a mobile radio you could borrow to monitor, FT-2800, but that's logistically impossible for you to get before we all leave. We could install it real quick in Moab though, let me know.

rover67
03-09-2010, 12:07 PM
I too have a mag mount with the adapter for the smaller jack I was going to bring.. could borrow that.

RicardoJM
03-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Tom, I believe I have a mag mount antenna. I also have a 2800 (just took it out of the Bronco) mobile unit that you could put into the truck and borrow. If you've got a spot to put the bracket, we could get the install done in a couple of hours tonight or tomorrow night. Let me know.

RockRunner
03-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Thanks for all the offers Tim and Marco:thumb:. But like Tim said it would be pretty hard to get to you guys on time. :(

Ricardo if you are cool with me using your radio for the weekend I would be very grateful. :bowdown:

I actually just bought a Yaesu VX-3R I believe of eBay but it will not be here on time.:(

Ricardo can you pm me your number so we can set something up for tonight?

Mine is 3o3 829 o3o7 Cell

RicardoJM
03-09-2010, 03:11 PM
You've got pm:D