PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle trailer wanted

jacdaw
03-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Does anyone have a single rail motorcycle trailer I could rent or borrow for the month of April? My bike weighs just under 500 lbs. I will buy new tires for you (for your trailer, not your Cruiser :rolleyes:) upon my return, as I will be driving to CA and back.

Beater
03-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Hmmm - does this mean the triumph is history? I have a HF 4x8, but you would want to get tires BEFORE you go with it, and I don't have a spare. I may not be your best option. I do have it rigged with a LP wheel chock though.

jacdaw
03-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Sadly, there's about 5 of us selling OIF Trumpets on Denver CL and we keep adjusting our prices every 45 days. And none of us is selling. So I figured if no one is buying, I'm gonna take it with me and ride it at the other home in Oakhurst, about 5 miles outside of Yosemite. It's also the southern end of the infamous Hwy 49 through the Gold Country. A month of vaca on the twisties sounds good, yes?

So, I'll buy 3 tires for you. 8"? 12"? Do you want a rental fee? Bearing service? I have the current HF monthly savings book in my hands...

corsair23
03-09-2010, 09:39 PM
John,

I don't have a single rail trailer but I do have a trailer you can borrow that the PO I bought it from built to haul motocross cycles...No rail, but D-rings in the floor to strap down to and a removable gate at the back...Loading/unloading would be the biggest issues 'cuz I don't have a ramp.

MDH33
03-09-2010, 09:43 PM
John,

I don't have a single rail trailer but I do have a trailer you can borrow that the PO I bought it from built to haul motocross cycles...No rail, but D-rings in the floor to strap down to and a removable gate at the back...Loading/unloading would be the biggest issues 'cuz I don't have a ramp.

I have Motorcycle front wheel chocks you can bolt on temporarily too. Let me know if you use Jeff's trailer and I'll bring one Friday.

jacdaw
03-09-2010, 10:32 PM
And I bought an aluminum rail from Randy last year with the intent of building a trailer under it. The rail is very long so with the right jack under the tongue it might just touch the ground. You guys rock! I'd rather sell it and buy a Pig but since no one seems to want it, I want to ride it.
:risingsun

Jeff, if Johnny's trailer needs 12" wheels, that's gonna set me back $135 at HF to get on the road safely. What would I need to come up with to compensate you?

DaveInDenver
03-09-2010, 10:49 PM
If memory serves Beater's trailer uses 8" tires.

jacdaw
03-09-2010, 11:02 PM
If memory serves Beater's trailer uses 8" tires.That's only $30/ea. but HF lists the 4x8 with 12" and the 40"x49" with 8". The 8" tires can certainly handle the weight tho.

DaveInDenver
03-09-2010, 11:09 PM
That's only $30/ea. but HF lists the 4x8 with 12" and the 40"x49" with 8". The 8" tires can certainly handle the weight tho.
My memory isn't to be trusted... It's a folding trailer if it helps. My contribution to the trailer when I borrowed it was to do some wiring fixes to the lights. I just checked the air pressure.

corsair23
03-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Jeff, if Johnny's trailer needs 12" wheels, that's gonna set me back $135 at HF to get on the road safely. What would I need to come up with to compensate you?

Sent you a PM :thumb:

Beater
03-10-2010, 07:34 AM
it's the 12" one I believe. I'll look this morning.

jacdaw
03-10-2010, 12:38 PM
it's the 12" one I believe. I'll look this morning.Thanks for checking. It looks like Jeff's trailer will be better for this trip in the long run.

Martin, can you bring your wheel chock on Friday?

Thanks guys!

MDH33
03-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Thanks for checking. It looks like Jeff's trailer will be better for this trip in the long run.

Martin, can you bring your wheel chock on Friday?

Thanks guys!

John, I haven't had time to retrieve the chock from my garage. It's bolted to a frame and kind of buried in a corner. I can get to it Friday evening or Saturday. When are you leaving?

jacdaw
03-11-2010, 11:07 PM
John, I haven't had time to retrieve the chock from my garage. It's bolted to a frame and kind of buried in a corner. I can get to it Friday evening or Saturday. When are you leaving?I need to start things like bolting on the chock early in the week of 3/29. I depart from the WBPP about 9AM on 4/03 after feeding my dude-bros a flat of donuts.:thumb:

Beater
03-12-2010, 07:23 AM
no offense taken here...

LARGEONE
03-13-2010, 09:40 AM
John...my offer still stands for my trailer. You are welcome to it even though it might be overkill for one bike. I don't mind if you drill the floor form mounting rails or whatever.

P.S. Thanks again for the CB speaker.