PDA

View Full Version : Dog Kennel

rockcrawlincandi
03-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Hello Everybody.

I'm going to Missouri next Wednesday. I'm leaving really early. I want to take my dog but as you may know I don't have a proper seat to secure him in. The only way I can haul him is in the back of the truck. This ideal if I were going down the street but not over two states. If anyone has a kennel or dog transporter for my 80lb. lab that I could borrow, I would be forever grateful. I would like to have it by Monday (if it's possible), so I can get him used to it. It would be his first time. Thank you so much if you can help.

corsair23
03-12-2010, 01:31 PM
All I have is an outdoor doghouse so that wouldn't work - sorry

Hopefully someone will have something for you to borrow for the trip :thumb:

TIMZTOY
03-12-2010, 04:14 PM
How about a dog sitter for 3 days ? Just throwing it ouT there. And when we get back. Is there anyone that would be willing to help move a trailer of stuff mostlly box's friday evening or Friday night ? It will just be Cindi and I and well need at liest a 3rd person to watch th trailer.

corsair23
03-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Can't help with the dog sitting but might be able to help out with the unloading of boxes...Post up where and when and I'll try to help out if possible :thumb:

jacdaw
03-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I have two metal kennels that my 50 lb malador healer no longer needs. We crate trained her in them, one for the back of the Pathfinder, one for the bedroom. You are more than welcome to one of them. 36" x 26" x 24" with a plastic slide-out catch tray. You can swing by Saturday any time, Monday or Tuesday after 2PM.,

Hello Everybody.
I'm going to Missouri next Wednesday. I'm leaving really early. I want to take my dog but as you may know I don't have a proper seat to secure him in. The only way I can haul him is in the back of the truck. This ideal if I were going down the street but not over two states. If anyone has a kennel or dog transporter for my 80lb. lab that I could borrow, I would be forever grateful. I would like to have it by Monday (if it's possible), so I can get him used to it. It would be his first time. Thank you so much if you can help.

nattybumppo
03-12-2010, 10:11 PM
I have a plastic travel crate that fits my 80 pound lab if you want to borrow it. I would also consider watching him for you if you would prefer that. He can't be a fence jumper since part of mine is low and there are holes he could squeeze through if he is determined to get out. He would also have to be able to stand the high energy level of an 11 month lab puppy. PM me if interested.

Lars
03-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Let me see how work goes next week. Might be able to help with dog sitting. Meg could use a friend for a few days anyway.

waggoner5
03-13-2010, 10:53 AM
I have a large dog crate as well that you can borrow.

rockcrawlincandi
03-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Thank you everyone for being so nice. I'll pm you when I decide what to do.

TIMZTOY
03-13-2010, 09:13 PM
as far as unloading goes it would be next friday evening hopefuly not to late.. my plan as of now is to leave MO about 6 or 7 in the morning.. which should put us in CO about 7-9 pm depending on how many times we stop.. its a 13 hour drive but theres a 1 hour time change. MO is one hour ahead. mostlly box's 1 queen bed. no fram or boards. 2 dressers, and thats it for furniture.. rest is all box's and tools, and random small crap..

RockRunner
03-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Tim, I would create a new post for the move part. Not sure if I can help but...........
Maybe you could wait till Saturday and get a bigger crowd.

corsair23
03-14-2010, 07:47 PM
All I have is an outdoor doghouse so that wouldn't work - sorry

Correction...Apparently the neighbors that moved back to Louisiana left us a Petmate kennel (http://www.petmate.com/Products/Pet-Home-Training-Wire__21035.aspx) - It is the large size, 36"x24"x27"

Feel free to borrow it if you'd like :thumb:

TIMZTOY
03-14-2010, 08:39 PM
thats the problem.. cant leave the stuff out side.. itll get stolen ill figure it out thanks any way

corsair23
03-15-2010, 01:08 AM
thats the problem.. cant leave the stuff out side.. itll get stolen ill figure it out thanks any way

I'll second Tom's suggestion on a new thread for the help moving stuff in...Maybe in the member's only section to boot with location and time :thumb: - people may just show up on a whim and make short work of moving stuff in :)