PDA

View Full Version : Moab's Cruiser population

gahi
03-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Has gone through the roof,
I've seen a bunch around today, some nice looking rigs.

jacdaw
03-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Has gone through the roof,
I've seen a bunch around today, some nice looking rigs.Would be fun to increase the Brit bike population as well. One of these days. That's a long haul even for an iron butt like mine.

gahi
03-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Would be fun to increase the Brit bike population as well. One of these days. That's a long haul even for an iron butt like mine.

That'd be cool, there's some fun rides around. The La Sal loop is a good one, lots of spots to stop and tighten stuff:D

Corbet
03-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Got back from Moab last night. We had a good pre-run and I am really looking forward to CM10

gahi
03-14-2010, 11:38 AM
you left at a good time, been raining here since about 5:30 last night.

Romer
03-14-2010, 11:40 AM
A few of us pulled out around 6PM last night and finally got ahead of the storm just after the Colorado border

Corbet
03-14-2010, 11:45 AM
I got into my rig at BFE just as it started raining. By the time I got out the entrance and on Pole Valley road it was already covered in hail. :eek: The remaining members in camp probably had a rough night out there. At least they will know where the wet spots are now when it rains.

Romer
03-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Cheesman, Farnham, Rudy and I think Art stayed. Nakman, Chris Davis, Marco, Perry, Steve Brady and I listned to the weather report on the HAM (another great thing about the HAM) and it said snow and rain starting (last night) and intensifying overnight. Potential for 6-12 inches in the mtns of Colorado.

First we were thinking of just going into town and staying there to get out of the weather, but we didn't want to get stuck in a snow storm on the way home. Got home about 12:30AM last night. Made great time.

Hants
03-14-2010, 04:57 PM
I packed up, washed the rig, filled up and left around 1pm. Got home about 8:45 last night (delayed a bit recovering a Mom & her daughter from a snowbank East of Antero Junction).

Glad I missed the storm!

Great weekend, great training session (thanks Greg & Kurt!!).

Red_Chili
03-14-2010, 05:25 PM
We ate dinner at the Slickrock Cafe with Randy & friends, then took off about 8. Around Fruita I decided I was flirting with disaster, especially since my rear shocks seem to be going away - makes for some interesting trailer sway.

Except I didn't have a trailer! :eek:

So we camped out at the Super 8 for fitty bux, 25 each. Better than waking up upside down on the side of a hill.

Got up around 6 this morning, took off around 7:30, and got in around 1:30. The traffic beginning at the Tunnel was HORRIBLE. Then it eased up around Georgetown of all places, and stayed smooth and fast even through Idaho Springs where it normally backs up. Weird.

Romer
03-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Bill, leaving at 6, seemed like we got ahead of the storm a little in Colorado. It was real windy and raining a ton from Moab to that point and then calmed down. I felt the trailer sway on my AT and had to slow down on 191.

The weather channel on the HAM said the storm was going to intensify, thats we we decided to head home when we did.

I was certainaly holding the steering wheel tighter than I wanted to.

Glad you made it home OK.

RockRunner
03-14-2010, 06:18 PM
We followed the main group out of town, left a little later than most. We got out of town about 8:30 pm and drove in the rain/snow for about 2 hours. No problems were had, Randy took a nap while I drove and then finished the drive to C-470 and Wadsworth. We pulled the XJ of my trailer and Kim and Nick drove it to the Springs, not sure when they got in. Randy got into his own truck and took off for home in Franktown.

I was warm and snug in bed before 2 am, surprised Sharon:D

I had a great time and am happy that I checked the are out before CM. I did not have my own rig there but I do know that I am going to have fun playing in BFE;). Had a great time around the fire talking with everyone and listening to all the stories :thumb: Can't wait till we leave for CM10:D

Thanks for another great pre-run Greg :bowdown:

timmbuck2
03-15-2010, 11:03 AM
After our CM Committee meeting on Saturday I heard the weather reports getting worse, so I headed out of town around 1. Made it home by 6, even towing the camper. Man am I glad I missed the weather and ski traffic!! Awesome pre-run as always Greg!!!!