PDA

View Full Version : Yota 3rd gen Roll Bar

Big John
03-13-2010, 11:33 AM
1st gen roll bar cut down to fit 3rd gen. Should fit 2nd gen as well but I havn't tested it yet. Has all the factory plastic covers and even has factory pleather pad. Also comes with mounting plates for the underside. $150

http://www.toyotaholics.com/support/files/bigjohn/20100313101801_IMG_2837.JPG
http://www.toyotaholics.com/support/files/bigjohn/20100313101948_IMG_2838.JPG
http://www.toyotaholics.com/support/files/bigjohn/20100313102033_IMG_2841.JPG

Big John
03-18-2010, 11:39 AM
:happyhour:

Ron Helmuth
03-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Seems like a great deal for the right 3rd gen or possibly 2nd gen buyer. You listed this yet on YOTA TECH or T4r?

Would you want to/be able to install for the right buyer and price?

not me unfortunately-unemployed at the present...:mad:

Big John
03-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Seems like a great deal for the right 3rd gen or possibly 2nd gen buyer. You listed this yet on YOTA TECH or T4r?

Would you want to/be able to install for the right buyer and price?

not me unfortunately-unemployed at the present...:mad:Yeah... I'm kinda surprised it hasn't sold seeing that alot of guys seem to like the mod, and not everyone has the equipment to do it.
I forgot about T4R. I'll go ahead and slap it up there.
I'd have no problem installing it, if I got the right price out of it.

Ron Helmuth
03-25-2010, 12:12 AM
thanks Big John-summer is approaching-the snow tells me so. Have to think someone out there is coveting this mod.

JadeRunner
03-25-2010, 09:18 AM
There would be some nice advantages to having that thing in the rear.

Big John
03-25-2010, 03:09 PM
With the sturdy hard top on the 3rd gen runner, I never understood why someone would want a roll bar taking up valuable interior space. Unless you cut to top off or something. I suppose more protection is better. I do hope you can sell it. Good luck.
I never understood why someone would feel the need to bash a person's for sale thread. That said...
I don't think it really takes up much space. The fender wells are tilted so they are pretty much useless to begin with and the rear bar is right behind the fender well. It gives me more places to strap stuff to and I plan on mounting a co2 tank to it and also may put a removable rack in as well. So, for my application, it has probably added more space options than it has taken away.
If I personally were looking for protection, I'd build a cage, but like you, I'm not giving up all my leg room to build a cage.

Ron Helmuth
04-04-2010, 11:21 PM
bump

Legitimate point Scott on the loss of cargo space-a 4" wide sheet of plywood would sure not fit with a roll bar in place. The 3rd gen owners I have seen do it for the mounting of accessories and the additional safety factor mentioned.

JadeRunner
04-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Sorry if I came across as bashing the idea, that wasn't my intention. I guess I was just thinking through it from my perspective which doesn't help you any.

I can see how it would be nice to mount things too like a co2 tank.

I never understood why someone would feel the need to bash a person's for sale thread. That said...
I don't think it really takes up much space. The fender wells are tilted so they are pretty much useless to begin with and the rear bar is right behind the fender well. It gives me more places to strap stuff to and I plan on mounting a co2 tank to it and also may put a removable rack in as well. So, for my application, it has probably added more space options than it has taken away.
If I personally were looking for protection, I'd build a cage, but like you, I'm not giving up all my leg room to build a cage.

AddictedOffroad
04-06-2010, 03:52 PM
How many people are putting a 4ft piece of plywood in a 4runner though?

FWIW, I have seen a 3rd gen 4runner roll over and watched the roof line crush up front. So, a roll bar will still serve its purpose even in a 3rd gen.

IMHO, any roll bar is better than no roll bar. Even a small one like this.

Big John
05-04-2010, 09:32 PM
$120:thumb:

Big John
05-19-2010, 05:58 PM
$100:happyhour: