PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers needed for Cruise Moab

wesintl
04-23-2006, 10:01 AM
As always this is our event and to make it the best possible we need volunteers. :thumb: We even have non members help out too. Wed is the biggest day we'll need a min of 5 people at registration and the same for tech. thurs and friday we'll only need an extra 1-2 people (I think). I think we'll have enough people in the campground to set up the tents mon or tues.

Packet Stuffing Tues Night
TBD [Wes, Perry, Ige,MattF, JohnH

Registration,
Wed 7-11 am [Wes, Mary, Romer, Sarah, MattL
Wed 2-5 pm [Mary,Barbara, Perry, ChrisH, Andrea

Thurday 7-8am [Mary,MattL

Friday 7-8 [Mary, MattL

Vehicle Tech
Wed 7-11am [Ben, Cdan, Ige, Perry, JohnH
Wed 2-5pm [Ben, Ige, BruceM, Nathanial

Thursday 7-8 am [Ben, Ige

Friday 7-8 am [Ben, Ige

Friday Night Dinner
Selling raffle tickets and setting up the stage. We need as many people possible!

4-til pm Raffle tickets[Wes, Mary, MattL, KevinE, Romer
[Perry (pics), Sarah(pull #)

Pack Up Sunday
Help take down tents and pack the trailer
Sunday 7-9 [Ben, Wes, BobG

Uncle Ben
04-23-2006, 10:37 AM
I can help on Friday night. :thumb:

Bruce Miller
04-23-2006, 10:47 AM
We plan on being in Moab, Sunday April 30, by noon. Bruce can help out with tech inspection, and I can help Mary with selling raffle tickets and registration. Let us know if you need our help.

Bruce and Barbara Miller

nuclearlemon
04-23-2006, 11:03 AM
as usual, i'll help with all

wesintl
04-23-2006, 11:09 AM
all day tech ige?

Please commit to some times or say all day to tech. This way Mary will know who and at what times people have committed to at the reg table. This way we don't have drifters. I know everyone is willing to help but I think it'll help us all if we commit to times.

Barbara, I added you to afternoon reg and Bruce to afternoon tech on wed if that is ok. :thumb: :cheers:

bh4rnnr
04-23-2006, 11:11 AM
I'll help with tech and registration on Wed. Also help with the raffle friday.

Romer
04-23-2006, 11:14 AM
I'll help with reg Weds morning. Would like to be able to do a run Tue afternoon. Also will help with the Raffle again. My daughter Sarah will probably help as well. She could pull the numbers like Rachel did last year if you want as well.

wesintl
04-23-2006, 11:20 AM
I'll help with tech and registration on Wed. Also help with the raffle friday.

Perry, you can tech in the am and reg in the afternoon :cheers:

bh4rnnr
04-23-2006, 11:25 AM
I'll help with reg Weds morning. Would like to be able to do a run Tue afternoon. Also will help with the Raffle again. My daughter Sarah will probably help as well. She could pull the numbers like Rachel did last year if you want as well.

Dang, I just got a outfit to use for when I turned the raffle drum :hill:

Shark Bait
04-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Wes,

I was planning on being around camp Wednesday for registration. The Sat phones are due to arrive Wednesday.

Another big task is someone to coordinate getting the raffle prizes to the Bar-M Friday afternoon in time. I assume we're leaving most everything in the trailer all week? I'll be picking up the 4 35x12.50x15 BFG M/Ts probably sometime Wednesday.

Bruce Miller
04-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Wes,

Wednesday afternoon reg for Barbara and Wednesday afternoon tech for Bruce works for us. What are our working hours?

Barbara & Bruce

wesintl
04-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Chris, I'll put you down from 2-5 if that's ok.

I know alot of folks will be around the campground (esp Committee). I'm trying to nail down times. Last year we had people drift in an out which is ok but I think we really need people to commit to a time that way people won't wander off when it's slow and then when it's suddenly busy we don't have enough people and random folks jump in to help and confusion sets in. Mary can train folks on what each person can do. I think this will go a long way towards a smooth checkin.

We can talk about getting the trailer to the dinner and who can pull it if Ben isn't back from a run in time.

wesintl
04-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Wes,

Wednesday afternoon reg for Barbara and Wednesday afternoon tech for Bruce works for us. What are our working hours?

Barbara & Bruce

Thank you both! :thumb: 2-5pm

Shark Bait
04-23-2006, 01:11 PM

We can talk about getting the trailer to the dinner and who can pull it if Ben isn't back from a run in time.

Works for me! :thumb:

bh4rnnr
04-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Works for me! :thumb:

With enough Red Bull, I might be able to get it to Bar M :D

Uncle Ben
04-23-2006, 01:47 PM

I know alot of folks will be around the campground (esp Committee). I'm trying to nail down times. Last year we had people drift in an out which is ok but I think we really need people to commit to a time that way people won't wander off when it's slow and then when it's suddenly busy we don't have enough people and random folks jump in to help and confusion sets in. Mary can train folks on what each person can do. I think this will go a long way towards a smooth checkin.

I can do the trailer if needed. I'll toss in my drop hitch just in case.

Romer
04-23-2006, 01:57 PM
What kind of plug does the trailer have. Mine has been converted to a 7 pin for the trailer. If that works, I could do it. Need to make sure whoever volunteers has the right hook up.

Ken

Three Wheel Ben
04-23-2006, 07:38 PM
With enough Red Bull, I might be able to get it to Bar M :D

Won't be any left! I was going to drink it all on the way out. I won't need sleep for days. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Groucho
04-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Andrea and I can help. I can do tech on Wednesday from 2-5 and Andrea can do registration from 2-5. Let us know if there is a better place for us; we would like to help in any way we can.

Nathaniel

Beater
04-23-2006, 09:18 PM
What kind of plug does the trailer have. Mine has been converted to a 7 pin for the trailer. If that works, I could do it. Need to make sure whoever volunteers has the right hook up.

Ken

I have a 7 to four conversion on the vehicle side. Let me know if I need to bring it.

As for volunteering, I will in Tuesday night. Let me know what I need to do.

j

Uncle Ben
04-23-2006, 09:36 PM

Ken

I can handle whatever plug is called for. Trailers follow me a lot! :lmao: :hill:

Romer
04-23-2006, 10:24 PM
I can handle whatever plug is called for. Trailers follow me a lot! :lmao: :hill:

Excellent, I was just picturing whoever was going to pull it trying to mate it and find it a diffirent plug.

Uncle Ben
04-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Excellent, I was just picturing whoever was going to pull it trying to mate it and find it a diffirent plug.

I'm only going for the weekend....won't need to find something to mate! :lmao: :Princess: :beer:

Hulk
04-24-2006, 12:35 AM
You can put me down for packet stuffing on Tuesday night. I *may* be available for registration duties on Wednesday morning, depending on raffle prize pickups and BLM meetings -- put me down as backup?

wesintl
04-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Will do Matt,

John, I put you down for packet stuffing tues night and wed morning help with Tech.

Shark Bait
04-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Wes,

I'm always down for packet stuffing. I've done it every year. :smokin:

wesintl
04-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Chris, I have you down to lead packet stuffing ;) I'm assuming most of the Committee and even club members who are there by then will be around to do that. Since John is new I wanted to let him know he could help in that area :)

Convert
04-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Wes
I can help stuff packets I will have two helpers with me. :thumb:

Romer
04-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Not sure what Time you are stuffing vs when I get in Tuesday. If you are still stuffing after I setup and after I FEED the teenager, we would be happy to jump in. Those with teenagers know what I mean about FEED. They get very very cranky when you don't throw food at them every few hours

Hulk
04-24-2006, 12:05 PM
We usually buy a bunch of pizza for the packet stuffers. So you can volunteer her to help and feed her at the same time. :)

Three Wheel Ben
04-24-2006, 08:52 PM

Ken

Trailer has a 7 pin. I have an adapter to bypass the brakes, (vehicle = 4pin to 7 pin for trailer) just to have the lights if whoever is towing it needs it. Will be towing out with brakes (probably going to end up being quite heavy after everything gets in). But if someone needed to tow it up to the restaurant you could do it if you were careful. I made the adapter for when it is empty.

Again I will tow it if I'm not stuck on a trail somewhere.

ben

wesintl
04-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Those with teenagers know what I mean about FEED. They get very very cranky when you don't throw food at them every few hours

It's good to know I'm still a teenager. I get REAL cranky without food :o

Uncle Ben
04-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Trailer has a 7 pin. I have an adapter to bypass the brakes, (vehicle = 4pin to 7 pin for trailer) just to have the lights if whoever is towing it needs it. Will be towing out with brakes (probably going to end up being quite heavy after everything gets in). But if someone needed to tow it up to the restaurant you could do it if you were careful. I made the adapter for when it is empty.

Again I will tow it if I'm not stuck on a trail somewhere.

ben

I still have you back Ben....unless I stuck too! :rolleyes: Charged and 88's can and will pull...wont it Ian? :thumb: :hill: