PDA

View Full Version : Where in the USA/ Canada is Sean and the Cruiser?

Rogue Leader
03-22-2010, 11:04 AM
So I'd like to play a game. Each day I'll post up a brief description of the region I'm in and maybe some pictures. No cheating and looking at google maps and extrapolating my position. Person with the most correct guesses will get something Alaskan and a cookie. So here is the start. I'm in a town that has a rich history in the west. One will always know which way he is oriented due to a major landmark.
Corsair: 1

And some pictures:

coax
03-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Maybe Grand Junction and Colo. Natl. Monument? Or Golden Co and longs peak?

Edit: do we get a hint? Maybe are you on target from your posted interary a few weeks back?

corsair23
03-22-2010, 12:11 PM
West Littleton CO...Have you even left yet? :hill:

nakman
03-22-2010, 01:03 PM
West Littleton CO...Have you even left yet? :hill:

that was my guess.. :lmao: landmark= that big cross on the hill near 285.

Rogue Leader
03-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Nope haven't left. Went to Vegas, the car did great and then came home for my buddies spring break. I was supposed to leave this morning actually but the gasket between the exhaust manifold and down tube failed and I sheared both studs off:D So now I'm at the high school trying to get the manifold off. We'll postpone the game until I actually leave.

It seems like this car doesn't want to go. The brakes failed before i left for Vegas, I learned that my front axle isn't engaging while in Vegas, I think my master cylinder is going south, and now this.

Rogue Leader
03-26-2010, 06:33 AM
So yesterday I drove through the land of the roughnecks and their rigs... passed through a town that doesn't accept shillings... through the wind farm in the gap... followed the path of two great explorers... and now I'm sitting in the town that holds the record for the rapidest temperature change in the US.

On the cruiser side of things, I really need a new suspension. The sway and roll is extreme, probably exaggerated by the 200 pounds on top. The heater hoses are leaking somewhere and it's going to get kinda cold. The gas mileage is atrocious, in the 10.73 MPG range.

Next stop is Canada, back to my people

Sean

Old40Dog
03-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Sounds like you made it to Death Valley!

Rogue Leader
03-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Nope:) I'm headed straight up from Denver, not up the coast.

RicardoJM
03-26-2010, 07:09 AM
I believe I'm looking at the place you are in now, but don't see your 40.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/ricardojm/misc/w_lomamt.jpg

Rogue Leader
03-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Don't know where that is Ricardo. The cruiser might be on the side of the road soon though because the alternator is going bad.

farnhamstj
03-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Loma, MT? Get that stuff off your roof and inside the cruiser. heavy stuff on the bottom. Also it'll save you 1mpg at least and that will add up in a hurry. Good luck and safe travels.

RicardoJM
03-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Don't know where that is Ricardo. The cruiser might be on the side of the road soon though because the alternator is going bad.

Loma, MT? Get that stuff off your roof and inside the cruiser. heavy stuff on the bottom. Also it'll save you 1mpg at least and that will add up in a hurry. Good luck and safe travels.

Farnham is correct about my guess. :thumb:

What have you done to confirm it is the alternator going south? It could be your VR. I would also look inspect the wiring from alternator to VR. I recently had an issue where one of these wires had gotten pinched and become exposed. A quick splice and some zip ties to better route the wire and the issue was resolved.

bigbluefj
03-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Shoot me your number when your coming through and i'll make a few calls and see if i can locate an alternator for you if you need one..

Kevin

Rogue Leader
03-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Kevin The # is 303-562-7822. Ricardo, the bearing is whining. The answer was great falls. There are lots of BAMFs where I am now

theboomboom
03-28-2010, 10:51 PM
What's the latest Sean?

bigbluefj
03-29-2010, 02:49 AM
So Sean left my place today about 7:30 am with a new to him Alternator, and rear shocks and steering stabilizer that i had laying around the Alternator came from one of my fellow RMLCA guys 45 kevin to be exact we had to switch out plugs on the altenator other than that it bolted right in..

Kevin

Blackdiamond72
03-29-2010, 05:32 AM
Excellent work Kevin! :bowdown::bowdown::cheers:

Cruiser Heads to the rescue!

Hulk
03-29-2010, 10:27 AM
So Sean left my place today about 7:30 am with a new to him Alternator, and rear shocks and steering stabilizer that i had laying around the Alternator came from one of my fellow RMLCA guys 45 kevin to be exact we had to switch out plugs on the altenator other than that it bolted right in..

Kevin

Good deal, Kevin. Thanks for taking care of Sean! :thumb:

corsair23
03-29-2010, 11:52 AM
You ROCK Kevin :thumb:

bigbluefj
03-29-2010, 12:19 PM
i must say that he has one sweet looking truck makes me want to find another one like that!!!

Rogue Leader
03-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Well made it to white horse. Drove abut 1000 Km yesterday, 1600 today. Roof rack broke the rain gutter! a combination of too much weight located over the passenger side only, bad design on my part(nathan's stuff it the S$$$!!!!) and several big bumps that I didn't see in the dark. Tried to mcgyver it with a battery, jumper cables and a loony. Actually got it to arc but it wasn't enough. Slept in the open, very beautiful night. I woke up around 4am due to cold. Let me preface that with the bag I'm sleeping in is rated to 0 and ive been in it down to -5 and been fine. the bag was partially wet so that affected it a little. Oh well, I got up and started driving. car was running great until a nasty, bumpy and twisty section. I was getting around 7 MPG, when I'd stop for gas the engine would diesel for several seconds. It would then run hot for several minutes when I started driving again. Hopefully a full nights rest will do it good. Looking to arive in FBX tomorrow afternoon.

Big thanks to Kevin Khun for allowing me to crash on his couch, and for all the phone calls he made in vain looking for my alternator. Another big thanks to Kevin from RMLC for letting us take his alternator.

Sean

Rogue Leader
03-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Made it. Ill post up information tomorrow, I just want to go sleep.

bigbluefj
03-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Good to hear!!!

RicardoJM
03-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Glad to hear you made it Sean:D

rover67
03-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Awesome! Excellent work!

Put a sign up at the signpost forest in Watson Lake when you get there.

Look for ours, I'll post a pic when i get to work tomorrow.

Hulk
03-30-2010, 11:37 PM
You drove a lot of miles in a very short time! Glad you made it, Sean.

corsair23
03-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Kudos Sean :thumb:

coax
03-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Tried to mcgyver it with a battery, jumper cables and a loony. Actually got it to arc but it wasn't enough.

That's awesome! Props for even trying it. Is it bad that I remember that episode? :cool:

rover67
03-31-2010, 09:01 AM
Awesome! Excellent work!

Put a sign up at the signpost forest in Watson Lake when you get there.

Look for ours, I'll post a pic when i get to work tomorrow.

Yikes, nevermind! you're past Watson Lake!

Excellent progress!!!! Awesome!!

MDH33
03-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Where are the pics man??!!

wesintl
03-31-2010, 11:42 AM
Where are the pics man??!!

he's traveling in a 40.. he has to get them developed and then scan them :eek::lmao:
;)

subzali
03-31-2010, 06:48 PM
That's awesome! Props for even trying it. Is it bad that I remember that episode? :cool:

No, but definitely an awesome episode ;) Now the question is, do you remember what the name of the episode is?

Answer:
Trumbo's World

coax
03-31-2010, 07:17 PM
Haha nope, didnt remember the episode name. I wonder if anyone has done a flamethrower mod for their cruiser. May be useful in event of army-ant attack when road tripping:D <hijack over>