PDA

View Full Version : WTB: tire chains to fit LT265/75/16 or

Ron Helmuth
03-24-2010, 04:15 PM
okay this last storm has made me think chains would come in handy. I am tending to run less tread than I would prefer due to unemployment/lack of funds....:eek:

Complication: I hope to go to 235/85/16s at some point so I need assurance I can make them fit both tire sizes. Or possibly even LT265/70/16.

I am viewing Tirechain.com and overwhelmed. I doubt these would be anything more than occasional on road use-however would love to be able to make a Snow and Pizza run one of these days. Slow and steady is my style-I don't need high speed highway use models....

Must be a great deal-like 1/2 or less of original price in great shape, or hardly used, etc.. Willing to buy adjusters or whatever is needed to fit the various tire sizes.

Thanks- I did search and did find some old tire chains threads but this seemed more effective than private messaging each potential former seller.

nuclearlemon
03-24-2010, 06:16 PM
i've got a set for sale...i'll have to see if they'll fit what you're looking for.

nuclearlemon
03-24-2010, 06:31 PM
not sure if mine will fit. they are a different part number. i have 2229s, you'll need 2228s for the 235/85s, and 3210s for the 265/70

Corbet
03-24-2010, 08:27 PM
I bought a full set of alloy square straight links chains from them this winter. Been very happy with the performance in deep snow. But I don't thnk you'll find one set to fit those 3 different sized tires.

nakman
03-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Ron I thought I had 2 sets but I just looked and can't find them. I have this odd memory that I loaned them to Uncle Ben to go hunting.. :confused: Or I loaned them to someone else perhaps... unless I sold them to someone? I just can't remember..

So if anyone has my chains, and you borrowed them, please give them to Ron. OTOH if you bought them from me and aren't using them, here's a chance to unload them again :hill: man it's rotten getting old.. :)

Ron Helmuth
03-25-2010, 01:10 AM
thanks everyone-appreciate the info on not being able to use one size fits all. Ige thanks for the part numbers and checking your vast stash of gear.