PDA

View Full Version : Idle Question - 3.4 Swap

ttubb
03-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Just fired up the 3.4 in the 4Runner today. Everything appears to be great, all systems apprear to function properly, Tach, Oil Pres, Alternator, etc.
The engine is running with just the crossover pipe as exhaust system is next. The O2 sensors (F & R) are plugged into the harness but not in the pipe yet. My question - The engine runs great but idle is about 2000 RPM and I can find no vacuum leaks. Would this be a normal situation for the O2 sensors not being in place? Also checked linkage and butterfly appears closed. Thanks, Terry

Red_Chili
03-26-2010, 06:34 PM
And it's cold. I would not worry until it is all together, everything is wired, you have no CEL, and it still does it. Frankly I wouldn't worry a lot then either- until you put some miles on it.

ttubb
03-26-2010, 07:45 PM
And it's cold. I would not worry until it is all together, everything is wired, you have no CEL, and it still does it. Frankly I wouldn't worry a lot then either- until you put some miles on it.

Thanks, Bill. I am really pleased that everything works! I did the tach mod, which also works. No leaks and smooth as glass. Planning on having it at CM the end of April. Are you going? T

TIMZTOY
03-26-2010, 11:09 PM
with no o2 reading's to the computer, yea its going to be alittle off.. and problly idle high in a type of "safe mode" so i wouldnt worry about it till you get every thing all togther..