PDA

View Full Version : 77 FJ40 fuel tank lines - sizes?

CardinalFJ60
03-30-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm going to pull the Pass. Seat and replace all the rubber fuel lines around the fuel tank/breather etc. Anyone have a clue of some of the sizes (ID) of those so I can just run to Napa after work and get several long lengths?

TIA

CardinalFJ60
03-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Trollhole replied on Mud. the rubber fuel line that goes from the DS of the tank down to the floor is 5/16". as I go through them, I'll post the sizes

corsair23
03-31-2010, 06:30 PM
Good info to have...I'm surprised the 40 gurus on here didn't have answers....Slackers! :)

CardinalFJ60
04-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Haha...I'm with ya' man! I mean, really, no full rundown of every fuel line in the area! I'm a little disappointed. ;) :D :lmao:

any-hoo, all joking aside.

the one right next to it that loops back under the tank is also 5/16".

I'll update as I go through them.

Rezarf
04-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Shawn are you trying to get rid of the gas smell? Mine has started to get bad as of late.

I look forward to your results and then copying them ;)

CardinalFJ60
04-02-2010, 10:00 PM
For while, the smell would be faint and come and go. then, the other day, when I filled up...I thought I was going to pass out from the fumes. it was literally dripping on the floor from that one small hose from the DS side down the floor. Got home, pulled the seats and plugged the nipple on the tank. jeesh.

that's all fixed now, but I'll be going through all the other ones at the filler side to 'baseline things'. will post sizes and pics.

it must have been slightly dripping for little bit...paint is wrecked under there. all wrinkled. bummer. (might just keep everything out and have B&T bedline it. ;-)

CardinalFJ60
04-03-2010, 01:37 PM
this was not holding the liquid too well anymore.