PDA

View Full Version : what is this?

timmbuck2
03-31-2010, 09:42 AM
driving downtown this morning...big sticker on the tailgate said "left hand drive" and stick on the window said "test vehicle"

SteveH
03-31-2010, 09:43 AM
Isn't that a Mahindra, the Indian-made diesel pickup that is rumored to be sold here sometime soon?

nakman
03-31-2010, 09:45 AM
Yeah, looks like it http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=12255

theboomboom
03-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Definitely a test mule, us-spec front bumper and bed, but that's an international rear bumper. I think they're pretty neat, time will only tell if they actually are...

Beater
03-31-2010, 10:51 AM
there are tons of 4 doors running around downtown right now as well

corsair23
03-31-2010, 11:33 AM
Whatever it is, it looks like the driver needs to learn how to NOT overfill the tank or put the gas cap back on :hill:

farnhamstj
03-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Oh, my golly goodness, repost.

Beater
04-01-2010, 07:06 AM
repost or not, I got a very close look at them last night.

the 4 door is a lot like a taco or hi-lux 4door, in that the cargo bed seems like an afterthought, or a place to hold the passengers backpacks and gear while in the truck.

The 2 door long bed is actually pretty cool. Cab is only a 2 seater, well maybe your ****-zu could fit with 2 adults, but the cargo box is relatively huge. High sided and quite long.

The nose/engine section is tiny, then it jumps to the bigger cab. Very interesting look, and that must be one efficient and torquey diesel.

the frame is massive compared to the size of the truck. Looks to be 8" rectangular boxed steel. the rear is also sprung very well. It looks like this unit is purpose built to haul a lot of weight for its size. Not tow, but carry.

Overall, I'd have to say I really liked the idea of it. It was really like a beefed up and modern version of a 1st gen mini. If the longevity, reliability and durability is there, I could see this vehicle taking over the small 2 wheel drive commercial delivery/service truck market.

timmbuck2
04-01-2010, 10:09 AM
sorry for the "repost" but *I* had never seen one in person, and definitely had not seen a pic of the 2 door.

I agree John, they look kinda cool and definitely have some potential in some niche

L43dean
04-03-2010, 12:55 AM
I saw two on Colfax about 3 weeks ago,one long bed and one doppio cabo,both white "test vehicle". I was near the Ogden and the Bluebird,east Colfax,en route for PIL tickets. Both truck drivers were just Cruisen up and back (all puns intended),while I looked for parking,then a pint at the Goosetown.My first impression is that these rigs are not yet Americanized.Then I look them up on this computer machine (It's not just for breaking enigma),four cylinder turbo! 1 ton payload yeah! Outside turned bed rails with tie down hooks ,yipee! Six speed auto trans only? UGH! Well the motor is a diesel,I suppose I could drive with two pedals.If only... I guess I best be fixin my Hi-Lux.