PDA

View Full Version : Wife For Sale

Shark Bait
04-01-2010, 04:12 PM
The History of Wife Selling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wife_selling).

waggoner5
04-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Man that would have saved me huge.

Uncle Ben
04-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Hmmmmm......while many humorous and intriguing thoughts came to my mind immediately I think I'll exorcise the very little intelligence I have and run away from this thread now...... :bolt: :gaah: :brick::Princess:

subzali
04-01-2010, 07:56 PM
exorcise or exercise? Very very different...

:p:

powderpig
04-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I sure Kevin chose the right word

Uncle Ben
04-01-2010, 08:25 PM
exorcise or exercise? Very very different...

:p:

"Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

TIMZTOY
04-01-2010, 08:28 PM
exercise:eek:

Shark Bait
04-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Hmmmmm......while many humorous and intriguing thoughts came to my mind immediately I think I'll exorcise the very little intelligence I have and run away from this thread now...... :bolt: :gaah: :brick::Princess:

exorcise exorcize
verb
1. drive out, expel, cast out, adjure He tried to exorcise the pain of his childhood trauma.
2. purify, free, cleanse They came to our house and exorcized me.

Collins Thesaurus of the English Language Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002

exercise
verb
1. put to use, use, apply, employ, practise, exert, enjoy, wield, utilize, bring to bear, avail yourself of They are merely exercising their right to free speech.
2. train, work out, practise, drill, keep fit, inure, do exercises She exercises two or three times a week.
3. worry, concern, occupy, try, trouble, pain, disturb, burden, distress, preoccupy, agitate, perplex, vex, perturb an issue that has long exercised the finest scientific minds
noun
1. use, practice, application, operation, employment, discharge, implementation, enjoyment, accomplishment, fulfilment, exertion, utilization Leadership does not rest on the exercise of force alone.
2. exertion, training, activity, action, work, labour, effort, movement, discipline, toil, physical activity Lack of exercise can lead to feelings of depression and exhaustion.
3. manoeuvre, campaign, operation, movement, deployment a missile being used in a military exercise
4. task, problem, lesson, assignment, work, schooling, practice, schoolwork Try working through the opening exercises in this chapter.

Collins Thesaurus of the English Language Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002