PDA

View Full Version : Sports player trading cards?

Corbet
04-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Thinking about starting a NFL player trading card collection for Bridger. Kind of a traditional birthday present purchase for him. I never got into them as a kid, so I don't know much about what to buy. Did anyone here collect in their youth or have a kid who does now? I was just going to get him the complete player set but now I've found these larger "hobby" and "jumbo" sets that seem to have a bunch of additional cards? I've been looking at "Topps" collections but I know there are plenty more. Don't really know if it matters much there either?

nuclearlemon
04-01-2010, 09:23 PM
screw that, i think we need cruiserhead trading cards. cruiserheads are better than pro football players anyways.

treerootCO
04-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I got an Uncle Ben and two Motolocos...dang!

treerootCO
04-01-2010, 09:42 PM
I think I found a rookie Ige card!

nuclearlemon
04-01-2010, 09:43 PM
I got an Uncle Ben and two Motolocos...dang!

well, at least the uncle ben's worth something.

Corbet
04-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Every spring we make RS club member cards?

But seriously, anyone know anything about sports cards?

Dr. Schlegs
04-03-2010, 07:31 PM
I think the market fell out on cards and comic books. I know the packs have different cards, and it is near impossible to get a complete set from a shop. Plus some card companies are more popular than others, and thus more valued by traders and collectors. The other thing is many kids don't share the same interest, that we as adults might. However kids will get into stuff if you actively involve them in it. I think we saw some of that today at the WBPP. Maybe get a nice etrade portfolio going. Can learn the market and build a nest egg.