PDA

View Full Version : 80 Series Stock Front Door Speaker Wanted

Crash
04-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Anyone have a good stock front door speaker, or a pair, for a '97 80 they could stand to part with? By good, I mean condition knowing full well that stock speakers are not known for their sound quality. Don't want to upgrade speakers as I do my serious listening at home.
Thanks

nuclearlemon
04-08-2010, 06:32 PM
the aftermarket ones that everyone on mud talk about are $35, so you best get oem for dang cheap;) i got a pair of fj60 speakers, but i threw out my 80 speakers as they were completely trashed, barely any material holding the inner cone to the outer edge.

wesintl
04-08-2010, 06:39 PM
yeah.. i put the pioneers in for cheap and they sound fine.

60wag
04-08-2010, 08:51 PM
I've got a pair you can have out of my '96 80.

Bikeman
04-09-2010, 08:36 AM
I put one in the LX from autozone for $15.

Corbet
04-09-2010, 09:28 AM
I have both my OEM ft door speakers from my 97 that I could bring to CM for you. But I agree for the money, put the Pioneers in. Better sound for very little money.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=4295&highlight=pioneer&page=3

Crash
04-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks everybody. Looks like I'll be picking up a pair from 60wag this weekend. Trying to keep this as simple as possible and a simple replacement works for me. Corbet, seeing how the Pioneers "fit" is evidence enough for me to stay stock. I'd take the stockers off your hands as spare backup if you don't mind. If you remember to bring them to CM just give them to Christo, please. He'll have room for them somewhere in the motorhome. ;) Thanks!!

Corbet
04-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks everybody. Looks like I'll be picking up a pair from 60wag this weekend. Trying to keep this as simple as possible and a simple replacement works for me. Corbet, seeing how the Pioneers "fit" is evidence enough for me to stay stock. I'd take the stockers off your hands as spare backup if you don't mind. If you remember to bring them to CM just give them to Christo, please. He'll have room for them somewhere in the motorhome. ;) Thanks!!

I'll make a mental note to toss them on the pile of stuff headed west. I was pretty fustrated with the Pioneer install on a 97 at the time, but now that they have been in for a while I'd do it again. The sound is worth the effort.

Crash
04-09-2010, 10:51 AM
These are going in a '97 as well and from the mud reading I did, staying with stock seems to be what I need for the background listening that gets done in this truck. If you can remember them that would be appreciated.

Crash
04-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks to Bruce, 60wag, for the trade of a pair of speakers for a six-pack. Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller and Victor Wooten, all on the same CD, are sounding really good without any rattles like was being experienced before. Rock on!

wesintl
04-23-2010, 11:06 PM
seeing how the Pioneers "fit" is evidence enough for me to stay stock.

Like this pioneer fit?:confused:

Corbet
04-24-2010, 12:09 AM
I think he is referring to this part of the fit, on what seems to be only 97's

speaker is forced up against internal window channel.

Mine look the same from the interior door panel, I would not call it a direct fit for my truck. But they work.

nuclearlemon
04-24-2010, 09:38 AM
mine was tight, so i spaced it out with a few washers, but it still fits under my stock speaker cover. i didn't want anyone to know i had aftermarket speakers, even if they were cheap.

Uncle Ben
04-24-2010, 10:17 AM
mine was tight, so i spaced it out with a few washers, but it still fits under my stock speaker cover. i didn't want anyone to know i had aftermarket speakers, even if they were cheap.

I put Alpine in the front holes under the stock grills and like Ige just spaced them out a tad. You can't tell. The rears I used Pioneers under the stock grills....you can't tell.