PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna help out with my Kona?

74fj40
04-08-2010, 11:48 PM
I bought a Kona Stinky a few weeks ago cause I have something called Project ADD and can't work on the same project for more than a certain amount of time :D

Anyways it needed a little work so I picked it up for pretty cheap. anyways, while looking over it I noticed the crank was bent, the chain was pretty beat up the pads were cracked up, and the handle grips were trashed. So I ordered some new parts.

Hayes Brake Pads
Race face crank/BB
Race Face clamp on handle grips
and a new chain

Anyways, I can do the pads and the handle grips by myself, but unfortunately I dont have the tools to do the chain, crank, and bottom bracket.

Is there anyone here that could help me out? I can give ya some cash or bring some beer or something?

Thanks, Max

BreckBJ44
04-09-2010, 01:29 AM
I have a few friends in the bike mech industry I may be able to borrow some of the tools off of. The crank puller and BB tool are the most important. Keep in mind that if the bike has been ridden hard or not taken good care of you may want to take the frame in to get the BB cups refaced, and at that point, having them at least install the BB is a good idea.

PM me (or email me as I have been super busy and havent been on the forum for some time) about it!

Kraig

farnhamstj
04-09-2010, 09:19 AM
You're gonna need a rear cassette too, if you're doing chain and rings. We did warn you about buying a used bike.