PDA

View Full Version : FJ40 Steering wheel options

Rezarf
04-11-2010, 11:41 AM
I am going to get a smaller steering wheel this week and was wondering if there is anything you'd suggest to look at or avoid reguarding what to consider?

I want to get away from the school bus effect of driving the 16" wheel. But I will most likely stay within the 14"+ range, with a shallow bowl.

I'd also like to keep the center factory emblem and turn the new button horn on a lathe and insert the old school emblem. Anyone tried or seen that done before?

Thanks in advance-

Drew:thumb:

Uncle Ben
04-11-2010, 01:08 PM
I am going to get a smaller steering wheel this week and was wondering if there is anything you'd suggest to look at or avoid reguarding what to consider?

I want to get away from the school bus effect of driving the 16" wheel. But I will most likely stay within the 14"+ range, with a shallow bowl.

I'd also like to keep the center factory emblem and turn the new button horn on a lathe and insert the old school emblem. Anyone tried or seen that done before?

Thanks in advance-

Drew:thumb:

http://cruisersolutions.com/images/medium/IDI-4150.jpg

You can do this yourself and save a ton of money! Very easy to do! Using the Toy horn button is doable with creativity.....most amazing work I've ever seen is what Kula did on his buggy (not a surprise). :thumb::thumb:

Rezarf
04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
I went with this one from Summit Racing. Should be nice... Grant 675

It reminded me a bit of the original with the 3 spoke design and didn't look "speed racer" either. I hope there is enough material in the horn to mill it out for the old school emblem to rest in. In fact, if I can get the original center section to fit, I may swap the whole thing over.