PDA

View Full Version : ABS Light comes on

Dr. Schlegs
04-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Over the weekend Ige and I replaced the seals and bearings in the front of my 80. We also put 100 series pads in. Now the ABS light comes on from time to time, and the ABS seems to kick in a little sooner from what I am use to. Any thoughts on this issue?

Air Randy
04-12-2010, 08:47 AM
It's an 80 thing, trade it for a 40 and worries about ABS lights are gone :D

nakman
04-12-2010, 09:09 AM
I would look at the sensor itself- is it seated in all the way? Is there a piece of gunk making it not locate in the right spot? hopefully it's simple..

Tch2fly
04-12-2010, 09:18 AM
I would look at the sensor itself- is it seated in all the way? Is there a piece of gunk making it not locate in the right spot? hopefully it's simple..
x2 on the sensor position.
I had a similar issue and was able to make it go away with very little trouble. Pull the sensors and clean the shims and seating surface then reassemble making sure to seat the sensor fully, any excess gap can cause trouble.

Dr. Schlegs
04-12-2010, 10:23 AM
One side seems to grip faster than the other. I don't know if this is something with the caliber or the ABS.

Tch2fly
04-12-2010, 10:27 AM
One side seems to grip faster than the other. I don't know if this is something with the caliber or the ABS.

Yep, it is seeing a difference in the speed of the wheels due to excessive gap at the sensor. Clean per my other post ... I promise I am not wasting your time :D (fyi my problem occured right after I did a repack as well ;) )

Dr. Schlegs
04-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Thank you Every One,
You RS folks are the best. I am glad I'm part of such a helpful, supportive, and knowledgible group. You all have made my move to CO easy. Of course if that don't fix my problem I take back all the nice things I have said.:)

FJBRADY
04-12-2010, 10:39 AM
You are the best. I am glad I'm part of such a helpful, supportive, and knowledgeable group.

Why thank you!