PDA

View Full Version : Need a second opinion for 97 FZJ80 W/Lockers - Slee - Colorado

Korasher
04-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Hey guys, I'm a forum regular on ih8mud.com and am looking for a second opinion on an FZJ80 in Nederland. If anyone in the area who wouldn't mind going and checking this one out for me that would be awesome. I'd compensate for gas via paypal or something else.
I live in GA (thought my heart is in Colorado) and can't get out there to check it out myself.

He is a forum guy and has been very forth coming, but I just want a non-biased "expert" opinion.

Thanks!

PM me for contact info etc

http://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-trailers-sale-wanted/376978-97-fzj80-w-lockers-slee-colorado.html

coax
04-12-2010, 06:32 PM
I'd offer to take a look but judging from the massive amount of work that my cruiser needed shortly after I bought it (HG, radiator, f&r axle service, ebrake, tires, starter, and a bunch of other stuff), I'm not the best person to judge the condition of a vehicle :lol:

Maybe one of the folks closer to boulder would be able to get up there? Good luck, looks like a nice one from the ad! ( Wish I had a slee rear and arb front)

Corey

corsair23
04-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Why is the guy using Slee's name in the title?

Anyway, my suggestion, given your distance would be to PM Robbie (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=10843) (aka powderpig here and on MUD) and see if he can do a pre-purchase inspection for you. If not, get the guy to drive the rig over to Slee for an inspection. If Robbie or Slee aren't available then post back up and we can give you more names of club members that are Toyota Techs and/or real familiar with 80 series rigs.

It will cost you some $$ but you couldn't be in better hands with either of them and it will be $$ well spent before dropping that kind of coin on a rig....

Better yet, buy this one --> http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=12532

Uncle Ben
04-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Why is the guy using Slee's name in the title?

Guessing it's because it is loaded with Slee stuff.

corsair23
04-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Guessing it's because it is loaded with Slee stuff.

The way I read the title was that it was "Slee's" rig...yeah, it's got a lot of Slee stuff but don't we all? :hill:

Must just be my time of the month

Hulk
04-13-2010, 10:48 AM
He should just have the guy drive it down to Slee and have them check it out.

Korasher
04-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to have him drive it over to Slee. Its only about 45 min away from his town. He is also a bit pricey on his asking price so I'm going to have him drop it to around 12K if possible.

farnhamstj
04-13-2010, 09:02 PM
He's only got 7posts on Mud. Not that that means much but your,"he a forum guy" Doesn't make him more trustworthy. If those mods are valuable to you, I think the price is close for that low a milage rig. I'm curious about the hi-lift dent. That could cost a lot to fix.

Korasher
04-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Its not really a dent, mostly just scratches. The mods are valuable to me, so i'm going to haggle a little but I wont try to low ball him.