PDA

View Full Version : 80 jump seats in a 40?

gahi
04-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Anyone ever done this or know if they're even close to the right size? I like the seats in mine, and am always on the look out for something comfortable for my Father in laws 40. He has a single bucket back there now.

RicardoJM
04-13-2010, 02:00 PM
I don't know about 80 series seats, but at Wednesday's meeting I saw seats out of a Disco in Will's truck. They fit inside the stock roll bar very nicely. Will mentioned that it took some very careful measurements to get the holes correct.

Hulk
04-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Anyone ever done this or know if they're even close to the right size? I like the seats in mine, and am always on the look out for something comfortable for my Father in laws 40. He has a single bucket back there now.

Where there's a will and a welder, there's a way. It's not going to be a bolt in solution.

corsair23
04-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Here you go :thumb:

A guy on MUD asked about this question last year...I happen to have an 80, and a 40, and 3rd row seats from an 80, AND after he asked the question it piqued my curiousity as I am still not sure what to do for rear seats in my 40...

Measurements, pictures, etc. Enjoy and hope it helps

80 Series 3rd Row Seats in a 40 (http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/311783-3rd-row-seat-dimensions.html)

gahi
04-13-2010, 07:43 PM
perfect, thanks. What did you end up using?

Rezarf
04-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Here you go :thumb:

A guy on MUD asked about this question last year...I happen to have an 80, and a 40, and 3rd row seats from an 80, AND after he asked the question it piqued my curiousity as I am still not sure what to do for rear seats in my 40...

Measurements, pictures, etc. Enjoy and hope it helps

80 Series 3rd Row Seats in a 40 (http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/311783-3rd-row-seat-dimensions.html)

Jeff- you my friend, are the undisputed King... of random research. Awesome write up. I agree, fold and tumble all the way, but the integrated belts are nice.

Air Randy
04-13-2010, 09:35 PM
I've seen on MUD where others have used back seats out of S10 blazers, explorers, etc. Seems like any of the smaller mid-size SUV back seats would be potential candidates to fit.

nakman
04-13-2010, 09:54 PM
I've seen on MUD where others have used back seats out of S10 blazers, explorers, etc. Seems like any of the smaller mid-size SUV back seats would be potential candidates to fit.

yeah but they won't be leather with 6 different recline positions.. that is what you're going for, right Gary? :D

corsair23
04-13-2010, 11:51 PM
perfect, thanks. What did you end up using?

So far....nothing :rolleyes:

I'm what you would call a "collector" of parts more so than a "user" of parts...just ask Wes :lmao:

I've got the Trailblazer seats sitting in it for now that you can see in the pics...Those would be great if they weren't so dang big. Then I've got two sets of Durango second row seats sitting in my garage waiting to be cut up and trial fitted...In the end I'll end up with one of those two options most likely because I've already sunk the :twocents: into the stuff...I like the Trailblazer seats for the integrated seat belts but I don't like the overall size of them. I like the Durango seats for the fold and tumble aspect that should work and the size is better.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd just buy one of the Bestop fold and tumble seats and call it good...Would have saved me some $$ and :banghead: thinking about it all :hill:

corsair23
04-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Jeff- you my friend, are the undisputed King... of random research. Awesome write up. I agree, fold and tumble all the way, but the integrated belts are nice.

Why thank you sir :) - I've done my fair share of the archane research and posts on MUD

gahi
04-14-2010, 07:33 AM
yeah but they won't be leather with 6 different recline positions.. that is what you're going for, right Gary? :D

Yup, luxury.... :cool:

I just see them up for sale pretty often for cheap and they fold up out of the way when needed.

nakman
04-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Hey you don't need an extra set of 3rd row brackets, do you? I probably have some.. ;)

Beachboy
04-14-2010, 09:29 AM
In the 40 that I just sold, I purchased a rear bench seat(seat belts too) for a jeep, they fit perfectly inbetween the wheel wells of the 40, and with brackets on the wheel wells they were slip-in with a simple release pin if you wanted to take it out. That also cleared up any bracket on the floor, so when you pulled the seat out, you had a flat floor. Comfortable seat for two and forward facing.