PDA

View Full Version : spring/summer FJ40 Project begins

CardinalFJ60
04-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Just got back from B&T Bedliners and snapped some photos. I had a fuel leak from the tank that wrecked the paint, dumped about a gallon of gas inside the 40, etc. So after taking everything out to repair it and clean it out, I figured....what the heck!!

while everything is out of the truck I'll be re-furbing the gauge cluster, heater and hopefully replacing the seats. Here are some pics from today.

corsair23
04-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Looks great :thumb:

Jacket
04-14-2010, 04:00 PM
I like that look without the roll bars - kinda like a mini mini-truck.

Looks great!

RicardoJM
04-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Wow, that does look great. Does/will the liner help with sound insulation from the fire wall and drive train area?

CardinalFJ60
04-15-2010, 07:03 AM
they were able to go pretty dang far up the footwells so I'm hoping it'll quiet things down a little. I'll be sure to give an update after I get'her together.

it does look kinda cool without the rollbar! HEY! On that note...I'm debating on getting the roll bar sprayed, too. Any comments?? I'm on the fence.

nakman
04-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Looks great man.. I personally wouldn't spray the roll bar, don't have a great reason for that, but you asked!

wesintl
04-15-2010, 09:14 AM
looks nice shawn :D

Rezarf
04-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Wow, that does look great. Does/will the liner help with sound insulation from the fire wall and drive train area?

Nope, its a 40! ;) Its gonna always be loud.

Looks great man.. I personally wouldn't spray the roll bar, don't have a great reason for that, but you asked!

I wouldn't do it Shawn. I think that the rough coating would start to scuff and scrape you as you bump into it.

It really does look great. Could you PM me with what it set you back? I am considering doing the spray liner thing this fall.

Thanks!:thumb:

CardinalFJ60
04-15-2010, 12:50 PM
thanks everyone for the advice. I agree, and decided not to have the roll bar sprayed.

I'm definitely happy with how it came out and Kevin and Walt at B&T are honest, nice guys. I highly recommnend them if anyone wants to do this. They are a little out of the way from Louisville, but I'm happy I made the choice.

Drew...PM on its way.

TIMZTOY
04-15-2010, 01:59 PM
tim and i took the top off timm's red 40 aka rattles.. :lmao: and with it off and no doors and no role bar and no seatbelts its actually rather quite.. all you hear is the road and tires..and the accisional OMG hold on were about to turn........ S**T lololololol.. awsome.. do it again... lol