PDA

View Full Version : Wrenching on Saturday anybody??

RockRunner
04-15-2010, 05:08 PM
I have a bunch of stuff left to do on my rig and will be working on it all weekend. If anybody wants to come over and help me I can provide beer and lunch.

Also if you need to weld or use a plasma cutter you I have that available for you to use. Most tools also but not every specialty tool.

Any help is appreciated.:bowdown:

Post up here and I will PM you my address.

BreckBJ44
04-15-2010, 06:18 PM
I may be in... what times were you thinking?

TIMZTOY
04-15-2010, 08:18 PM
I'M in but I'm working till 8pm so you'll problly be finshed by then. :( what are you needing done to your rig?

RockRunner
04-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Anytime Saturday starting at 8 ish am till dark or to tired and Sunday or 8 ish till about 5, Dave in Denver is coming over to work on my ham and get his laptop.

I have a bunch of stuff to do, every thing from welding on some tube to an oil change or wiring lights etc.

Tim if you want to bring your trailer and cut whatever it is with the plasma you are more than welcome.

BreckBJ44
04-15-2010, 09:58 PM
I may be up for some saturday wrenching. Tim what is your sunday looking like? Want to get some stuff done? I have hands and follow directions well!

Kraig

RockRunner
04-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Kraig I will pm you if you want to come on up. I appreciate the help.

TIMZTOY
04-16-2010, 07:35 PM
im off sunday, and monday.. were's your house ? and phone number

RockRunner
04-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Send you a pm.

BreckBJ44
04-18-2010, 09:12 PM
How did sunday go? Sorry I couldn't help more!

K

TIMZTOY
04-18-2010, 09:15 PM
went great, we got both front and rear diff gaurds welded on.. along with the 4 braces welded into the side tubes on the front fenders.. we would have done the cross bar along the windshield but didnt have a tubing bender there..

BreckBJ44
04-18-2010, 09:18 PM
I need to learn to weld stuff.

TIMZTOY
04-18-2010, 09:26 PM
lol its not hard.. ya just need to get a welder and jump in there and do it.. if your not comfortable with your skill buy a miller with autoset, and it will take alot of the newbee guess work out of it.. and give you profesional welds from the start as long as your technic is good :thumb:

RockRunner
04-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Your welds look great, thanks for all the help. :thumb:

Both Tim and Kraig came over this weekend to help me with some major and minor things.

Kraig installed some lights for me and helped me with some more wiring, I hate wiring:(. We were able to cross 4 things off the list. Thanks a bunch Kraig!:cheers:

Tim came over Sunday and welded all day. He put both my diff covers on, not the greatest fit so he had to do some customizing with the BFH. Then we moved on to the cage, needed 4 small bars cur and welded. We cut the bars and notch the ends, most were right on............after we totally messed up the first one:lmao: I think I need to go back to Geometry 101:rolleyes: Never thought you needed that when you were taking that class did you :rolleyes:

Anyway the truck is coming along nicely but still a bunch to do.

THANKS again guys:thumb:

Air Randy
04-19-2010, 03:50 PM
And where is the mention of me delivering a FREE spare axle to you AND delivering 7/16 grade 8 bolts with nuts & washers? Huh? Huh? Not to mention picking up $20 worth of assorted bolts for you at Big R AND giving you my copy of the Trails mag so you could have the cover? Sheesh!

TIMZTOY
04-20-2010, 12:38 AM
lol :lmao:

bh4rnnr
04-20-2010, 10:28 PM
And where is the mention of me delivering a FREE spare axle to you AND delivering 7/16 grade 8 bolts with nuts & washers? Huh? Huh? Not to mention picking up $20 worth of assorted bolts for you at Big R AND giving you my copy of the Trails mag so you could have the cover? Sheesh!

You sound angry Randy, you might as well toss Toms keys in the fire and be done with it:hill:

Air Randy
04-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Hey, good idea, that may be excellent therapy......:D