PDA

View Full Version : I'm so ready for Moab!!!

bh4rnnr
04-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Front end repacked, fuel filter replaced and fluids changed. Cruise Moab posters printed and 1/10 is framed. Tent is back on the truck, some how it always comes together:eek:. Looking forward to a week of Hot Rods, good friends, Canyon Country, and being away from the city:cool:. My big goal for this trip is night time shots, so any with experiance come by and give advice:thumb:.

mad chemist
04-21-2010, 12:29 AM
Me too! I'm still stressing out trying to get everything packed, all the leaks, tweaks, etc. worked out on the rig. A buddy and I are leaving Washington on Friday, should be at Area BFE on Saturday afternoon. I figure we'll have a couple of days of getting acclimatized before the event starts.

RockRacer
04-21-2010, 02:48 AM
Me too! I'm still stressing out trying to get everything packed, all the leaks, tweaks, etc. worked out on the rig. A buddy and I are leaving Washington on Friday, should be at Area BFE on Saturday afternoon. I figure we'll have a couple of days of getting acclimatized before the event starts.

X3!

Are those vanity call letters? Very cool either way.

farnhamstj
04-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Campers packed and 90wt changed. We're ready to roll.

mad chemist
04-21-2010, 08:36 AM
X3!

Are those vanity call letters? Very cool either way.

Yep, stole the idea from someone in Arizona (who had (AZ3MUD) or something like that. I just got my ticket a few months back, figured I may as well get something cruiser specific as a call sign! :hill:

FJBRADY
04-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Yeah I am in the same boat........Davis has been calling me all week distracting me from work. It will all come together Saturday and we head out Sunday morning.

Hey Perry if you see Dave Hartman this week tell him I said hi:wav:

bh4rnnr
04-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Hey Perry if you see Dave Hartman this week tell him I said hi:wav:

Should see him Friday night, will tell him you say hi:)

:beer::beer:

wesintl
04-21-2010, 09:08 AM
I can't wait to get outta here. I have so much to do.. Biggest thing is install the ham.

rover67
04-21-2010, 09:34 AM
I can't wait to get out of here either.. all I have to do is load everything up and put a new fan clutch in the 60 and figure out why my oil pressure gauge quit working. The fan clutch I put in this weekend never disengages..

All oils changed, bolts torqed, and lights working.

rhyary
04-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Two more days and I head out west....
I have been packed for a week now.

corsair23
04-21-2010, 01:53 PM
I can't wait to get outta here. I have so much to do.. Biggest thing is install the ham.

Ditto on all including the ham...Not sure why I always wait until the very last minute to get to stuff...Had the ham radio for over a year now :rolleyes:

See Rami, I told you mods must age like a fine wine on a garage shelf before install :hill:

RockRunner
04-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Ditto on all including the ham...Not sure why I always wait until the very last minute to get to stuff...Had the ham radio for over a year now :rolleyes:

See Rami, I told you mods much age like a fine wine on a garage shelf before install :hill:

Funny, I have the same problem :o Always wait till the last minute and then I have to ask for help. At least Sharon :Princess: is taking care of all the packing and leaving the rigs to me.

I can't wait till Saturday night, won't be able to sleep a wink, can't right now anyway.

Still to do;
Camper on truck
de-winterize camper
fill water tank and propane
Load all the crap I need, tools etc.
Help Sharon load all the other stuff
And much more stuff.....:eek:

Oh and finish working on the 4Runner.......................So why do I wait till the last minute again:rolleyes:

nakman
04-21-2010, 08:01 PM
all packed, trailer hooked up, let's go. going to be a tough couple of days at work....:o

bh4rnnr
04-21-2010, 08:19 PM
all packed, trailer hooked up, let's go. going to be a tough couple of days at work....:o

Will be waiting for you guys Saturday night:cool:. What's your guy's eta?

:beer:

nakman
04-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Will be waiting for you guys Saturday night:cool:. What's your guy's eta?

:beer:

Saturday afternoon some time, I'll give you a shout on the radio

Old40Dog
04-21-2010, 10:46 PM

Who has time for work, work when CM departure is only 2 days away? Not me :beer: Still too much CM work to do! I'm in the same boat as TR (rockrunner). See you all there!

farnhamstj
04-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Just saw Perry drive past Vail. Chatted for a minute on the 2m.

Caribou Sandstorm
04-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Farnham when you leavin Vail with your team?

farnhamstj
04-22-2010, 06:29 PM
12:00 noon tomorow.

Red_Chili
04-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Got the air bags figured out. They are pretty cool, we will see if they extend enough. If not... hopefully they will act like limiting straps instead of pinatas.

Had to change the right rear inner axle seal AGAIN :rant: . This time I modified a Marlin seal to fit the FRORF adapter. NO idea why it failed, but obviously SOMEthing is different back there. So we'll see.

Changed the rear 90wt just on a whim, glad I did. Found a couple small chips of steel on the magnet :eek:. I am REALLY hoping it is leftover shrapnel from last year. I cleaned out the axle housing but you can only do so much unless you take everything completely apart and go to the carwash... even then.

Da Boy is bringing his trials bike, should be entertaining. Gotta rig a bike rack receiver on the camper I think. That's it. Not leaving till next week, due to some commitments.

bigbluefj
04-22-2010, 10:47 PM
:(:(:(:canada::canada::risingsun:risingsun:(:(

just to let everyone know i will not be making to CRUISE MOAB this due to some unforseen problem that came up, how ever i will try to make to it to the Ralley.. look forward to seen you all then lets keep our fingers crossed...

Kevin

zgcruiser
04-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Leaving tomorrow as soon as the wifey gets off work. 5:30 ish.

mad chemist
04-22-2010, 11:28 PM
All hitched up and one place to go...:thumb:

rhyary
04-23-2010, 07:35 AM
I am leaving after work today Friday. Can't wait. it is going to be a long day at work.

Caribou Sandstorm
04-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Packing Day for the FJC!!!

Heading out tomorrow with Nakman, at the crack of dawn....

We are going to hit a bit of snow in the mountains on I70..Should be interesting.

MDH33
04-23-2010, 09:48 AM
:(:(:(:canada::canada::risingsun:risingsun:(:(

just to let everyone know i will not be making to CRUISE MOAB this due to some unforseen problem that came up, how ever i will try to make to it to the Ralley.. look forward to seen you all then lets keep our fingers crossed...

Kevin

I feel for you brother. Im in the same boat. Let's both try to make it a point to get to Moab in '11. Man, that sounds like a long time to wait. :(

Have fun out there everyone, and safe travels. :thumb:

RockRunner
04-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Got the air bags figured out. They are pretty cool, we will see if they extend enough. If not... hopefully they will act like limiting straps instead of pinatas.

Bill,
I have special 4" spacers or maybe 2" for airbags. You are more than welcome to try them out and see if they would work for you. I got them for the Dodge but did not need them afterall.