PDA

View Full Version : All-Pro OffRoad - Jon Bundrant

Cruzrman
04-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi Folks,
A couple of weeks ago I made a u-turn in my '07 FJC and heard a loud pop on the passenger side. By the time I could pull over, I bent down to take a look and found everything covered in grease. I was running All-Pro's stabilizer end links and one of them had failed. When it let go, it slammed downward into the axle and took out a boot. I drove it to my mechanic to have the boot replaced. After it was torn down, they found that the axle was bound up.
I wrote a letter to John explaining what happened. They immediately sent a set of stage II end links. A couple of days later, Jon called to make sure I was happy. After telling him I've been out of work for over a year and was hit with an 826.00 bill, he asked what it would take to make me happy. I said "How about a T/C skidplate?, I'm going to Moab next week. Long story short, he sent me a free skidplate that I'll be waiting to put some battle scars on. He has won me over as a customer for life. Incredible customer service!
cruzrman

FJBRADY
04-22-2010, 10:01 AM
It's great to hear retailers standing by their customer service commitment in this industry!

Sounds like your all fixed up and ready for CM10 :drumsticks:

Hulk
04-22-2010, 12:58 PM
He will actually be at Cruise Moab this year, too. Great story!

TIMZTOY
04-22-2010, 01:51 PM
He will actually be at Cruise Moab this year, too. Great story!

Nice.

Nice to know that there's still a company that actually cares about the customer and not the paycheck. I'll be buying more stuff from them now.

Jacket
04-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Was it the end link on the sway bar that failed? And by "failed", do you mean it snapped?

I've seen that happen twice to another guy with an FJC. Seems to be a definite weak point.

PabloCruise
04-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Awesome story!

Cruzrman
04-24-2010, 07:37 AM
It did just snap clean off. The break was at the brass portion of the uniball.
Funny the salesman (not Jon) said he had never heard of that happening. I asked why there was a Stage II and he said they're much beefier. Doesn't make much sense, does it. I think I'll speak directly with Jon from now on.
cruzrman

Rezarf
04-24-2010, 10:05 AM
In this market, people are returning to the principles of customer service. I even get a whopping "Hello, can I help you?" at Home Depot these days. ;) :rolleyes:

It is good to see vendors stepping it up. I buy most Cruiser parts based on service and the person(s) behind it alone! Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters is a great example. Even MAF has made a few things right in the past compared to $OR.

Glad it worked out, good for you to spread the word when it is positive as well! :D

4runner luv
04-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Nice job Cruzrman. I am a big fan of spreading the word for both good and bad customer service. I even write in to restaurants when their service is exceptionally good or bad. I have always leaned towards All-Pro, but now I am leaning further. I have always thought you could tell the most about a person or company in this case, when things go wrong.

Nice job All-Pro as well.