PDA

View Full Version : Live from CM 2010

FJBRADY
04-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Klondike Bluffs and
Secret Spire on Monday, Michele behind the wheel.

FJBRADY
04-27-2010, 02:35 PM
The Secret Spire

Few from today, Porcupine Rim.

Uncle Ben
04-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Nice!

SRT08BUS
04-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Steven (or anyone going to CM2010) is there anyway you can find a FJC owner with the ALLPROOFFROAD 3.5 back springs and ask them what Shock they paired with it, I need to find a good match for mine? I wouldn't mind knowing if they have a shock in now but would recommend another..... and great pic's!

Rezarf
04-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Steve, what awesome pics! I am so jealous! Have a blast dude!

Rezarf
04-27-2010, 08:41 PM
does anyone else see an ice cream cone in those pics? :D

jacdaw
04-27-2010, 08:56 PM
does anyone else see an ice cream cone in those pics? :DI can't get past the dead cows:eek:

Dr. Schlegs
04-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Steve you are going to have PETA after you if you don't stop running over animals.:lmao:

Uncle Ben
04-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Steve you are going to have PETA after you if you don't stop running over animals.:lmao:

Nothing wrong with People Eating Tasty Animals!

DaveInDenver
04-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Nothing wrong with People Eating Tasty Animals!
http://rlv.zcache.com/if_god_didnt_want_us_to_eat_animals_tshirt-p235756645600445813trlf_400.jpg

Uncle Ben
04-27-2010, 10:58 PM
True dat!:thumb::thumb:

MDH33
04-28-2010, 09:48 AM
More pictures for us po' suckas stuck at home!

Uncle Ben
04-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Cruise Moab attendees ----->http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_48ks5s0AV6M/Sw2dMQOiO0I/AAAAAAAACwo/1RHujEIoR5M/s400/couch-potato-cat.jpg

bigbluefj
04-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Damm every time i see new pictures i'm sad!!!

FJBRADY
04-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Kane creek today

FJBRADY
04-28-2010, 09:29 PM
More from Kane Creek

FJBRADY
04-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Air Dee all smiles on KC

jacdaw
04-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Man, Randy your new truck looks awesome. I need to start a new thread for dream building my Hilux now that it's not my daily driver anymore.

bigbluefj
04-28-2010, 09:56 PM
nice thank you

MDH33
04-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Wow Steve, amazing you're the only person in Moab with a camera. :hill:

Thanks for posting the pics. :beer:

subzali
04-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Is Kane Creek getting harder than in the past? I did it in '07 with my 31s and rear lockright in my FJ40 - some of those pictures make me wonder if I could do it now or if you guys are just taking different lines than I took...like the 1st and 2nd pictures of that 80...I remember that spot was a little tricky but it looks worse now...

Thanks for posting pictures!

Nay
04-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Wow Steve, amazing you're the only person in Moab with a camera. :hill:

I think the rest of the equipment onsite has been destroyed due to 60 mph sand blasting :eek:

Blackdiamond72
04-29-2010, 02:00 AM
I was told that first obstacle on Kanes didn't exist until a year or two ago at EJS. You could squeeze a thinner vehicle through without climbing that boulder on your right side, but the JK's all had to climb up and over. Nice deep ditch to the right made for a fun off camber experience.

Uncle Ben
04-29-2010, 02:57 AM
Atta boy Steve and Michelle! Thank you for the pix! :thumb::thumb::bowdown::Princess:

Uncle Ben
04-29-2010, 03:53 AM
Well even if Steve is the only one who remembers his homies at least others are taking care of us! http://forum.ih8mud.com/trails-events-expeditions/380391-live-cruise-moab.html

FJBRADY
04-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Ok ok I know it is Kane Creek again, but yesterday was a shake down run....yours truly lead the run today :cool:

Michele took the pictures from different angles than yesterday.

Enjoy my homies!

FJBRADY
04-29-2010, 05:19 PM
More pictures from KC

FJBRADY
04-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Couple more......

bigbluefj
04-29-2010, 05:31 PM
FUN FUN :thumb:

FJBRADY
04-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Is Kane Creek getting harder than in the past? I did it in '07 with my 31s and rear lockright in my FJ40 - some of those pictures make me wonder if I could do it now or if you guys are just taking different lines than I took...like the 1st and 2nd pictures of that 80...I remember that spot was a little tricky but it looks worse now...

Thanks for posting pictures!

Yeah it gets dug out more and more every year. One of my favorites, but I do not like that first tippy section. Fortunately zero body damage today, but yesterday a couple of us, my self included, left paint on that rock.

Ran it last month and it was not as dug out as it has been this week. The ledge section near the end is getting dug out as well, changing year after year, but that section is a blast!

Good fun...Spider tomorrow, Cliff Hanger Sat. so stay tuned.........:drumsticks:

Uncle Ben
04-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah it gets dug out more and more every year. One of my favorites, but I do not like that first tippy section. Fortunately zero body damage today, but yesterday a couple of us, my self included, left paint on that rock.

Ran it last month and it was not as dug out as it has been this week. The ledge section near the end is getting dug out as well, changing year after year, but that section is a blast!

Good fun...Spider tomorrow, Cliff Hanger Sat. so stay tuned.........:drumsticks:

Thank you Steve! :thumb::thumb:

FJBRADY
05-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Poison Spider on Friday

FJBRADY
05-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Ps

FJBRADY
05-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Great day today on Cliff Hanger

FJBRADY
05-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Ch

FJBRADY
05-01-2010, 07:06 PM
More CH

bigbluefj
05-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Cool Pics keep them coming!!!

Big John
05-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Great pics:thumb:... Thanks!

Corbet
05-02-2010, 01:18 PM
The over nighter. The wind and dust combied with no passenger in my truck meant my camera got little action this year. But here are a few pictures.

Corbet
05-02-2010, 01:22 PM
We wheeled a little too. 95 miles of trail on Wednesday. Only about 20? on Thursday, I didn't keep track.

Rezarf
05-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Wow some of the best country in the WORLD! Thanks for sharing!

Corbet
05-02-2010, 01:36 PM
We had a minor recovery on Devil's Racetrack Wednesday. An FJ's rear end slid off the trail and was high centered on its fuel tank and rear diff. It was my first experience seeing an exhaust jack in action. I definitely want one now. Much safer than a high lift for this application. We raised the rear end and winched it sideways back on the trail as well as stacked rocks to get him up and over the big rock.

We used the Jack again up on Porcupine Rim to swap out a flat Friday. Once again I liked it there better than a high lift under the conditions.

Romer
05-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Well even if Steve is the only one who remembers his homies at least others are taking care of us! http://forum.ih8mud.com/trails-events-expeditions/380391-live-cruise-moab.html

It's a bit harder to post pictures from area BFE than a Hotel:D

First off great event even though the weather was horrible. The weather would have impacted us at Slickrock too. Nights went below freezing with rain and snow. Wednesday was record winds for the whole area. Although, the weather during the trail rides was perfect once they started

The location was great, only drawback being far from town. Some say that's a plus, but thats personal preference.

The Committee did an outstanding job with all the logistics for this new event pulling off in my opinion, one of the most successful Cruise Moab's ever even with the weather. Many people volunteered a stepped up to make this a successful event.

The bathrooms and showers were nicer than slick rock.

The food was awesome.

We have a lot of lessons learned to make the event even better for next year

Here are some pictures

1st Cheesman on tip yoe behind the rocks pre-run
2nd and 3rd: Robbie directing through a Spots on Golden Spike
A couple of me on Golden spiuke coutesy of Kevin Patterson

Romer
05-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Kevin took a few of me going through the crack

Romer
05-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Here are some shots of the Friday Night Dinner and Raffle. I think it was a record haul

Romer
05-02-2010, 02:29 PM
It was nice Monday when I got there, but a chilly morning Thursday, Friday and Saturday

Friday was Snow and Saturday was Ice greeting us

Romer
05-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Saturday was Fins and Things with my favorite Gunner!

Romer
05-02-2010, 02:49 PM
I would also like to point out due to some poor communication in another thread and bad feelings. Dogs and Kids had a great time. Neither the dogs nor kids were leashed unless their behavior warranted it.

nuclearlemon
05-02-2010, 02:53 PM
thanks for the locale review, ken. pictures from both our club and mud have sucked quantity wise ;), but it looks like everyone made the best of thebad weather.

i've heard nothing but good about the food, is it something where if it went back to slickrock we'd look into catering there? or is bfe the new home of cruise moab?

Romer
05-02-2010, 03:02 PM
thanks for the locale review, ken. pictures from both our club and mud have sucked quantity wise ;), but it looks like everyone made the best of thebad weather.

i've heard nothing but good about the food, is it something where if it went back to slickrock we'd look into catering there? or is bfe the new home of cruise moab?

Next years location is TBD. We are going to send a survey out to all the participants and get together to review the data and our own experience. It is a lot more work. Chris Davis, Hants, Greg, Caroline and the rest of the crew were working their butts off every day.

I think it likely we would return to area BFE.

If we do go back, we need to move this event to the 2nd week of our Permit vs the first. We moved to the first because of the colder weather cutting down the cotton.

One thing I forgot to mention is the caterer had breakfast burritos, coffee and other stuff and some lunch and dinner items as well starting Wednesday. We did have some problems with the bathrooms freezing in the early morning and not working, but there were plenty of porta potties around

Vitesse_6
05-02-2010, 03:10 PM
What an awesome time!
Camping at BFE was cold at times, But nothing we couldn't handle and yes the caterers were great, It was nice to have a hot cup of coffee in the morning while teching in on Wed and Thurs, The raffle dinner was superb if you ask me :) Of course walking out of the raffle a winner certainly helped out :thumb:
Thanks again for all the great work!
FWIW, BFE is a great spot.

bigbluefj
05-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Man looks like i missed out on some good food and fun, oh well maybe next time thanks for the pics looks like all had fun!!

ttubb
05-02-2010, 04:58 PM
It was an all-round great time! Rising Sun did the usual outstanding job of running the event, raffle and dinner. A big THANK YOU and WELL DONE! from me and all who were with my group.

Pics to come later...left my camera in Crested Butte in the truck. :o Terry

Romer
05-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Here is wipeout hill on Friday

I didn't get to take any pictures as I was spotting down the hill

bh4rnnr
05-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Back home:). Man what an awesome week:bowdown:. Thank you to everyone who put this thing together:cool:. And thanks to Tim, Marco, Matt, Bruce and Chris for the fun times before the event. Thanks to Kurt, Paul and the rest of the Wasatch gang who put a lot of work into the overnighter. But most of all, thanks to Marco, Bill, Boyd, Alan, Bruce and Daniel for helping me get off the trail and home:bowdown::bowdown::thumb::cheers:. Didnt think I could top last years event, but this year is one for the books. Working through the 600 some photos that I took and will start posting when finished.

And on a side note, Jeremiah came up to me today mentioning something about a sas.

Again Thanks all!!!!!!

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

bh4rnnr
05-02-2010, 08:37 PM
About ready for bed, but thought i'd share some of the fun we had during the week. Again, will go through the rest this week:cheers:

:beer::beer:

Nay
05-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Vail Pass has been closed since 8:00 pm this eve due to snow and apparently an eastbound accident.

We are hanging in the Vail parking lot above the Botanical Gardens, est 30 more mins to reopen according to police.

Be safe, especially those who are towing. CO Trip cams show snowpack on the pass still.

CM was awesome :D

Bighead
05-03-2010, 04:36 AM
Hope you all made it through okay. We hit Vail Pass at about 2:00pm yesterday on the way home from CM and could not believe how bad it was. Hoosier Pass on CO-9 was even worse because the plows weren't even out and the visibility was horrible.

You all did an outstanding job on the event. My wife has already said she wants to go again next year.

wesintl
05-03-2010, 07:35 AM
vail was nasty when we went through and there was at least 1 accident on each side. Eisenhower was just wet by the time we went up. The east side was slow even though it not really snowing but it was packed ice. I saw on the news they closed it for the night. I didn't know when that was and hopfully everyone got though but i guess that wasn't the case. :(

treerootCO
05-03-2010, 07:53 AM
We made it back safe. The roads were perfect when we made it through. It was snowing pretty hard between copper and frisco and the 30 car pileup was minutes after we passed. Ham was awesome as always with up to the minute weather and road conditions. No wifi in camp so not much 'live from CM' this year. I broke a short side axle the first trip out so I relaxed most of the time. Axle from Randy, bearing from Proffits, AAA from Woody, and we were back up to lead Kane Creek Saturday. BFE was a consistent ten degrees colder than Moab so I agree the second week of the permit would be a good call.

BryanF
05-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Had a blast. It was worth the trip to watch Perry in the washes on Wipe Out hill trail. Can't wait for his pics. We tore down sat. after wipe out and headed East. When we came across Vail about 10:30 sat night I was feeling for the rumble strip the snow was so fast. Pretty spooky for a guy from 400feet. Think I might have had a hallucination or 2 somewhere in Kansas. Made it back in 20:15, 1296 miles from BFE to home.

JadeRunner
05-03-2010, 10:14 AM
My friend Dan and I had a great time. We left at 7:30 am Sunday and missed the real snow and stuff on the passes.

In 4 days of wheelin’ we ran – Hells Revenge (including the Gate) and Behind the Rocks, Cliff hanger and BFE night run, AREA BFE difficult and Metal Masher and the Golden Spike. So the JadeRunner is showing some serious trail scars but no breakage. I have a problem with my front ARB locker shooting fluid out the breather. The front locker was sure nice to have when it worked.

Area BFE was great. I enjoyed wheelln’ the BFE trails. Especially, when you can go all over following various two tracks. But, those trails can beat your rig up with all the loose rocks. It made me want to get back to the Utah slickrock trails that make Moab so unique.

FJBRADY
05-03-2010, 10:25 AM
A reminder

BryanF
05-03-2010, 11:26 AM
A reminder
how bout a video..

Check out the pro spotting team on wipe out hill
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZFlyVCyMX-s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZFlyVCyMX-s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

look at the rock and you can see where a buggied jeep came through dripping 90w before us:rant:

BryanF
05-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Here's Perry coming down the SWB line on wipeout hill
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/feQaIDACbzQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/feQaIDACbzQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

40 on the same line
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y7Zi6KWOCMg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y7Zi6KWOCMg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BryanF
05-03-2010, 11:45 AM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/bjfergpls/Cruise%20Moab%202010/CM2010214.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/bjfergpls/Cruise%20Moab%202010/CM2010189.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/bjfergpls/Cruise%20Moab%202010/CM2010196.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/bjfergpls/Cruise%20Moab%202010/CM2010201.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/bjfergpls/Cruise%20Moab%202010/CM2010204.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/bjfergpls/Cruise%20Moab%202010/CM2010205.jpg

If you were on it Sat. I've probably got a pic. I didn't post them all. let me know if you want a copy

nakman
05-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Can't see the vids from work, but look forward to seeing it tonight. Brian thanks for the great documentation!

I'm always doing Wipeout Hill like that from now on.. I spotted the SWB line and the top of the LWB line, Neil did a great job on spotting the lower section of the LWB line, this is illustrated very well by that first pic of Red Chili above. We had 2 trucks at a time on that obstacle, I think we got all 18 down in about 25 minutes, once the mad house of the Jeeps, other vehicles, ATV's, motorcycles, and golf carts subsided.. :rolleyes:

girlsfj40
05-03-2010, 12:28 PM
I have never seen wipeout hill that busy!! Oddly enough as soon as we broke not a single vehicle went by.... You guys at the front of the pack missed the awesome repair party we had with Perry! We had tarps ready this time, no repeats of last year in the rain! :)

Jacket
05-03-2010, 12:45 PM
About ready for bed, but thought i'd share some of the fun we had during the week. Again, will go through the rest this week:cheers:

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/attachment.php?attachmentid=18497&stc=1&d=1272854219

:beer::beer:

:cool: Good times..... Glad you made it home.

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics (Perry's and everyone else's).

The one thing we felt could seriously damage the BFE event was the weather, and I'll be damned if that wasn't the coldest, wettest, windiest, and snowiest Moab I've ever seen that time of year. But despite the weather, I didn't talk to one person that wasn't smiling and having a blast the whole time.

CardinalFJ60
05-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Wow. this was my first CM. I'm blown away with this incredible event. I took about 600 pics and going through them now. Here's one of my favorites from the lunch spot on Wipeout Hill.

"hmmmmm....if stare at this hard enough, maybe it'll fly into my mouth"

nakman
05-03-2010, 02:16 PM
I have never seen wipeout hill that busy!! Oddly enough as soon as we broke not a single vehicle went by.... You guys at the front of the pack missed the awesome repair party we had with Perry! We had tarps ready this time, no repeats of last year in the rain! :)

Kim was great to run a couple trails with you again, and thank you again for showing those boys in their 40's how to roll down that roller coaster on BTR.. :D

wow what a trip, I'll get a few pictures up tonight, but I haven't even unpacked yet.

edit: and that's a keeper Shawn, send us the high res file please! :)

Red_Chili
05-03-2010, 02:18 PM
...We had tarps ready this time, no repeats of last year in the rain! :)
"Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice..."

Yep, when the wind came up and the sky darkened, hard won experience made the call. Which turned out to not be needed, but it was nice with the sun that followed.

ScaldedDog
05-03-2010, 02:20 PM
I didn't take many, but here are a few.

The first one Woody took of me on Pritchett. It's the kind of day I had...

http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=415966&stc=1&d=1272590458

High Dive/Upchuck (BTR)

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/ScaldedDogCO/CM10/ND2h_11099.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/ScaldedDogCO/CM10/ND2h_11103.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/ScaldedDogCO/CM10/ND2h_11106.jpg

This guy ate his seatcover...
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/ScaldedDogCO/CM10/ND2h_11124.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/ScaldedDogCO/CM10/ND2h_11153.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/ScaldedDogCO/CM10/ND2h_11159.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/ScaldedDogCO/CM10/ND2h_11167.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/ScaldedDogCO/CM10/ND2h_11169.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/ScaldedDogCO/CM10/ND2h_11182.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/ScaldedDogCO/CM10/ND2h_11185.jpg

Brook's way-cool buggy. He made this...
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/ScaldedDogCO/CM10/ND2h_11191.jpg

Jeremy going up High Dive
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/ScaldedDogCO/CM10/ND2h_11196.jpg

Mark

Red_Chili
05-03-2010, 02:35 PM

Cool shot. I thought you didn't like tippy??!?
:lmao:
Quite the feat with them darn axles.

J Kimmel
05-03-2010, 05:11 PM

Mark

...says the guy who didn't pull cable all day :) rain, snow, it didn't matter.

great running all three days with you!

J Kimmel
05-03-2010, 05:22 PM
I forgot I had my camera until the last day...here are a few I took from Moab Rim. That was the first time I ran that trail and it was a good time. I stood my truck on its nose coming off of Devils Crack I think it is...still not sure how but aside from some electrical issues we all had fun :)

bh4rnnr
05-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Had a blast. It was worth the trip to watch Perry in the washes on Wipe Out hill trail. Can't wait for his pics. We tore down sat. after wipe out and headed East. When we came across Vail about 10:30 sat night I was feeling for the rumble strip the snow was so fast. Pretty spooky for a guy from 400feet. Think I might have had a hallucination or 2 somewhere in Kansas. Made it back in 20:15, 1296 miles from BFE to home.

Glad you enjoyed that as much as I did. Bummed though that I couldnt go back to the wash at the begining of the trail. Now that's fun!:D. Start working on pics tonight.

Wow. this was my first CM. I'm blown away with this incredible event. I took about 600 pics and going through them now. Here's one of my favorites from the lunch spot on Wipeout Hill.

Shawn, that is awesome!:cool:

subzali
05-03-2010, 05:57 PM

That's a funny pic Shawn :lmao:

What did you drive out there? The 60 or the 40?

ScaldedDog
05-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Cool shot. I thought you didn't like tippy??!?
:lmao:
Quite the feat with them darn axles.

I don't. At all. It's why I have them darn axles. :D As I've been known to tell my kid, "when you screw up, you suffer". Actually, this was kind of a freebie, since I'm resting on the slider. Just to salvage some bit of pride here, I was able to back out of this and move my right a bit to get up this thing. On the downside, this was a BYPASS (to Rock Pile).

...says the guy who didn't pull cable all day :) rain, snow, it didn't matter.

great running all three days with you!

You, too, man!! I really appreciated your's and Brook's help. It took me a couple of days to get my wheelin' legs under me. :D

Mark

rover67
05-03-2010, 09:06 PM

That's a really cool shot man...

CardinalFJ60
05-03-2010, 10:03 PM
That's a funny pic Shawn :lmao:

What did you drive out there? The 60 or the 40?

I took the 60 with a fresh rebuild. :D the only thing we didn't touch was the Power steering....which was fine until after E. Hill. oh well. 180k miles, not so bad.

Meade (sp.?) is such a good dog he just stared, never tried to snatch it.

JadeRunner
05-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Here are a few pics from others I was with. I didn't take may pictures or video this year.

1. Hells gate. The first place I like go the first morning to get warmed up on the slick rock.
2. Cliff Hanger. No that chick isn't in the drivers seat in the Canadian diesel.
3. Cliff Hanger lunch spot.
4. 40 on it's side on Green Day in Area BFE. The buggy guys were going to spot me through this obstacle. I was going to do it but decided to find my own by-pass after seeing the 40 struggle so much. I had my hands full with the by-pass believe me. The buggy guys were way cool dudes by the way.
5. Front Skid plate. I had to take this on and off a bit to keep my diff fluid topped off due to my ARB locker issues. I hate having to re-form this every time to just get it back on.

CardinalFJ60
05-03-2010, 11:09 PM
wipeout hill just before the the lunch spot.

Jacket
05-04-2010, 08:52 AM
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/Jacket/moab2010/moab%20064.jpg

Bighead
05-04-2010, 09:17 AM
5. Front Skid plate. I had to take this on and off a bit to keep my diff fluid topped off due to my ARB locker issues. I hate having to re-form this every time to just get it back on.

Scott...is that a Bud Built plate or one of the old Schaefer/AZRain plates?

CardinalFJ60
05-04-2010, 10:10 AM
great shot.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/Jacket/moab2010/moab%20064.jpg

JadeRunner
05-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Scott...is that a Bud Built plate or one of the old Schaefer/AZRain plates?

It's an original from AZRain. I should probably just get a Bud Built. I'll PM you.

DaveInDenver
05-04-2010, 12:29 PM
It's an original from AZRain. I should probably just get a Bud Built. I'll PM you.
My old Budbuilts bent up like that, too. If you get them make sure to ask Bud to make them from 3/16" material instead of 0.120". Turns out the weight increase is worth it to offset the less trailside de-denting you have to do. I sold the Budbuilt cross member and all my skid plates, so I probably should think about doing something, too.

MDH33
05-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Looks like a good time. Keep the pics coming!

So who were the big winners at the raffle this year? :)

Caribou Sandstorm
05-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Finally got some pics uploaded....

Weekend before CM

Sunset in Devills Kitchen
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4368/856950416_kkvYW-M.jpg

Gang of Toyota's guarding our camp in Devil's kitchen
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4366/856950239_ZeoDs-M.jpg

joint hike
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4381/856953184_o6a6U-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4387/856954113_8kf5K-M.jpg

Father Son run out of Elephant back to BFE
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4388/856954296_BBbs8-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4393/856953922_w26TU-M.jpg

Setting up more camping gear then anyone should ever own....
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4407/856954920_ateBq-M.jpg

All that training put to work..(Now I know how to use my highlift...)
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4413/856955505_xukES-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4415/856955060_P7TKD-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4416/856955261_cAbsq-M.jpg

Great day for me, now that Dee was smiling!
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4427/856958221_3Qi5v-M.jpg

Vendor night..Looking good!
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4431/856959015_j3UEi-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4434/856959573_tnoRL-M.jpg

This kid has been wheeling Moab just as long as I have...Wipe out hill lunch spot.. Great Day! Thanks Tim!
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4442/856961083_kBgUA-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4448/856962173_2wcom-M.jpg
Scarry what they pick up along the trail...She has seen this somewhere before...
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4449/856962380_Fm7jX-M.jpg

Headed to Wipe Out Hill
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4454/856963317_FXUjN-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4456/856963704_b49Qd-M.jpg

Perry in action!
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4465/856965447_75HbL-M.jpg

This PIC is from "Missouri BryanFJ"
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/bjfergpls/Cruise%20Moab%202010/CM2010214.jpg

bigbluefj
05-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Now here is the question was Dee in the truck when it rolled?? Was the picture of her smiling before or after the roll???

Caribou Sandstorm
05-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Yes Dee was in the truck and was ok.

Smiling was after!

All things considered, it was a great day for those that continued on with us. We had a nice safe run, enjoyed a good hike on the Joint Trail and got back in time for the tail end of the wings and vendor night activities.

bigbluefj
05-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Man wish i was there looked like all had fun maybe next year??

MountainGoat
05-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Got a few of us going down Wipeout Hill on Saturday complete with peanut gallery audio for your viewing pleasure:

Me
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OzgOh4Vp-m0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OzgOh4Vp-m0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jeff Zepp
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RaTA9j5x7Jc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RaTA9j5x7Jc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object

Red Chili
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2mYGOF7S91E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2mYGOF7S91E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Perry
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a10X6P8lZ9s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a10X6P8lZ9s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:cool:CM was awesome and this run was the perfect ending.:cool:

RLMS
05-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Finally got some pics uploaded....

Weekend before CM

Sunset in Devills Kitchen
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4368/856950416_kkvYW-M.jpg

Gang of Toyota's guarding our camp in Devil's kitchen
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4366/856950239_ZeoDs-M.jpg

joint hike
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4381/856953184_o6a6U-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4387/856954113_8kf5K-M.jpg

Father Son run out of Elephant back to BFE
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4388/856954296_BBbs8-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4393/856953922_w26TU-M.jpg

Setting up more camping gear then anyone should ever own....
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4407/856954920_ateBq-M.jpg

All that training put to work..(Now I know how to use my highlift...)
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4413/856955505_xukES-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4415/856955060_P7TKD-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4416/856955261_cAbsq-M.jpg

Great day for me, now that Dee was smiling!
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4427/856958221_3Qi5v-M.jpg

Vendor night..Looking good!
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4431/856959015_j3UEi-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4434/856959573_tnoRL-M.jpg

This kid has been wheeling Moab just as long as I have...Wipe out hill lunch spot.. Great Day! Thanks Tim!
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4442/856961083_kBgUA-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4448/856962173_2wcom-M.jpg
Scarry what they pick up along the trail...She has seen this somewhere before...
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4449/856962380_Fm7jX-M.jpg

Headed to Wipe Out Hill
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4454/856963317_FXUjN-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4456/856963704_b49Qd-M.jpg

Perry in action!
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/Other/Cruise-Moab-2010/DSCF4465/856965447_75HbL-M.jpg

Red Line protects randy and Dee with supurb tube work for the second time!:cheers:

Air Randy
05-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Yes you did, but it would be a whole lot cheaper for me if you would offer driving lessons too :lmao::lmao::lmao:

TIMZTOY
05-06-2010, 07:55 PM
sorry about the delay ppl.. my internet was off..

TIMZTOY
05-06-2010, 08:12 PM
more pics

TIMZTOY
05-06-2010, 08:32 PM
more

Air Randy
05-06-2010, 09:43 PM
sorry about the delay ppl.. my internet was off..

This last picture is a GREAT CM photo! I'm going to get that one printed and framed.

JadeRunner
05-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Which trails were those from? Specifically the trail with the large line up of rigs and the trail with the cable fence.

bumpitorcrawlit
05-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Hey Scott,

Thanks for the compliments in your pics of the crew on the BFE trails. I still think you could have walked that line. You have the gears and the width. But..........if you didn't...............body damage for sure and your rig is far to sweet to be flopping it. It was a pleasure to wheel with you. I intend to join the club and that should ensure that we wheel together again.

In answer to your questions.
1, The large lineup looks to be for the "Behind the rocks" trail.

2, The trail with the fence is "Pritchett Canyon" also in those pics is me doing my best to have Brandon run me over! Actually he was stopped at that point. As you know..............I've got that 97 runner that was rolled. You could get out the sawsall and build yourself a Pritchett Canyon ready rig!

TIMZTOY
05-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Which trails were those from? Specifically the trail with the large line up of rigs and the trail with the cable fence.

i belivei its either behind the rocks, or medal masher.. pretty sure its behind the rocks..

TIMZTOY
05-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Hey Scott,

Thanks for the compliments in your pics of the crew on the BFE trails. I still think you could have walked that line. You have the gears and the width. But..........if you didn't...............body damage for sure and your rig is far to sweet to be flopping it. It was a pleasure to wheel with you. I intend to join the club and that should ensure that we wheel together again.

In answer to your questions.
1, The large lineup looks to be for the "Behind the rocks" trail.

2, The trail with the fence is "Pritchett Canyon" also in those pics is me doing my best to have Brandon run me over! Actually he was stopped at that point. As you know..............I've got that 97 runner that was rolled. You could get out the sawsall and build yourself a Pritchett Canyon ready rig!

yea that guy jumping on the stinger, i have a series of photos of him standing static, then running for the stinger, then jumping twords the stinger then the last one i posted of him on the stinger.. lol :lmao:

Jacket
05-10-2010, 08:00 AM
A couple of videos I got of the climb out of Bobby's Hole. This is the southbound road out of Canyonlands-Needles (after coming up and over E Hill), and you have to make this climb to cross over into Ruin Park and eventually Beef Basin. Not too tough on a sunny, dry day, but you can imagine what this might be like if it was wet or muddy. The road was very steep, and the rocks loose and slippery.

Marco

T7MVzsVcLhY

Bruce part 1
OCcsCnfPZzE

Bruce part 2
n8Q872jQHFM

RockRunner
05-10-2010, 08:37 AM

Large line of trucks was Behind the Rocks. We had 20 vehicles that day with no carnage at all.

Jacket
05-10-2010, 08:42 PM
A few more random shots from the week. THese are from Ehill/Canyonlands

Perry on Ehill

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/Jacket/moab2010/perry_ehill.jpg

Marco on the backside of Ehill

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/Jacket/moab2010/marco_ehill.jpg

Needles

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/Jacket/moab2010/clands1.jpg

Jacket
05-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Overnighter - San Rafael Swell

On the way there

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/Jacket/moab2010/coriver.jpg

Marco gettin' flexy on Devils Racetrack
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/Jacket/moab2010/marco_dr.jpg

Neil on Devils Racetrack

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/Jacket/moab2010/neil_dr.jpg

Me on Devils Racetrack

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/Jacket/moab2010/matt_dr.jpg

Jacket
05-10-2010, 08:49 PM
San Rafael River

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/Jacket/moab2010/sanrafael.jpg

San Rafael bridge

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/Jacket/moab2010/bridge.jpg

And a noteworthy Kipper sighting on Metal Masher :kipper:

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/Jacket/moab2010/kipper_mm.jpg

treerootCO
05-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Here are my Moab pics :lmao:

hyperboarder
05-20-2010, 01:30 PM
^ That's freakin brutal! Also, awesome pics Jacket, hope to join you guys next year.

RedCreeper
05-20-2010, 04:01 PM

Ouch!!

My uncle did the same thing a while back but it was his driver front. Had a bad feeling about his front hub rebuild so he did not do the trails that day and started to head home and about 20 min out of Moab the front came apart and the tire is still missing i think. Ground the rotors and all down to the stub. ewwwwwww

Rock Dog
05-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Heard you broke, but did not realize you lost the
Wheel (axle and all) on the road...

Guess better there than on one of the steep climbs up Hell's Revenge :eek:

Old40Dog
05-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Here are my Moab pics :lmao:]

Ouch Mike! What happened? Did you lose a "C" Clip?

Air Randy
05-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Short side axle shaft broke right next to the splines that go into the diff

84cruzer
06-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Short side axle shaft broke right next to the splines that go into the diff
Problem child!:flop::eek:

SKIDPLATE
12-17-2010, 11:12 AM
We Had A Good Time. It Was Nice Because Most Everyone Was From Somewhere Else So There Was Actually More Comradery Among The Daily Groups Than From The Rising Sun People.

SKIDPLATE
12-17-2010, 11:25 AM
More Pics

BritKLR
12-16-2012, 02:29 PM
I thought I'd add these to the MC2010 pix...:)