PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel help on FJ40

Rezarf
05-07-2010, 06:32 PM
So I got a new steering wheel to spruce up the interior of my 40, that and I no longer needed the school bus sized steering wheel.

I have hit a bit of a road block. There are only two "dust cover" trim rings a short and long but the short one is too short and the long one is too long. This is the metal cover that bridges the steering colum and the back of the steering wheel itself.

So do I need to cut the one down to fit? This is a grant steering wheel. Signature series if it makes a difference.

Anyone else installed a grant on a 40 before? What'd you do? :thumb:

Pics would help, but we aint gots a camera right now. Thanks!

Drew

TIMZTOY
05-07-2010, 09:48 PM
you shouldnt have to cut anything.. odds are you have the wrong adaptor.. sorry im not of more help.. but i dont have much 40 experance..

corsair23
05-08-2010, 02:11 AM
Drew,

Not sure if these will help or not...Grant steering wheel but I've also got the Grant security system (removable steering wheel) installed as well and I can't remember what the difference was before the security system and after...Sharkbait has my old steering wheel (Grant) and cover so he might have some pics of the setup without the security system...IIRC the dust cover or boot was just rubber that compressed to fit....

Rezarf
05-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Thanks Jeff, mine looks nothing like that. It is a metal cup that covers the base of the wheel. I am wondering if I got the wrong kit now... grrr :rant:

Uncle Ben
05-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks Jeff, mine looks nothing like that. It is a metal cup that covers the base of the wheel. I am wondering if I got the wrong kit now... grrr :rant:

Drew, is today a no fly zone for Drew stuff since it's Mothers day? I was thinking I could pop by.

Rezarf
05-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Drew, is today a no fly zone for Drew stuff since it's Mothers day? I was thinking I could pop by.

Yeah, Kevin, we have my Mom in town from Florida and we have a pretty booked day of family stuff.

Thanks so much bud for the offer! :thumb: