PDA

View Full Version : Timz New Toy - Now a Build Thread!!

TIMZTOY
05-12-2010, 03:39 PM
i just traded my 99 toyota tacoma for a 1984 toyota pickup extended cab, with a 22r motor (suposedetly rebuilt 30,000 miles ago) 5speed solid axle, forward shift t-case, 3" lift, pizza cutter tiny bfg all terainnes, and a rusty bed :D ..

the u-joint was so bad that it was banging, but when i went to change it today, i noticed the housing for the u-joint was so beaten from driving that there is only 1/16" on one side of the housing, the damage was on both flange half and driveshaft half.. so the driveshaft i have now with the new joint is going to end up being my trail spare..

today i replace the
u-joint
window regulator
taillight bulb
shifter bushing

all thats left now is the muffler.. its blown open at the welded seam..

MountainGoat
05-12-2010, 03:42 PM
That is a thing of beauty. Did you check the frame for cracks right behind the front spring mounts? ;)

Beater
05-12-2010, 03:46 PM
I see it's already marking it's territory.

MDH33
05-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Awesome! Love those early extended cabs. :thumb:

AxleIke
05-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Good work!

Uncle Ben
05-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Got tube? :rolleyes: :D

Dr. Schlegs
05-12-2010, 04:25 PM
So what are the plans for it?

theboomboom
05-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Nice rig tim!

Big John
05-12-2010, 04:41 PM

x2 That thing is screaming flatbed:D

Air Randy
05-12-2010, 05:51 PM
I can say for certain it will be getting new rock crawler springs with 6" of lift, Bilstein 5150 shocks and an IFS rear axle :D

He's going to need a set of high steer arms for the front to clear the new springs, anyone have a free/cheap set to donate?

Hey Tim, I have a nice set of Toyota chrome steel wheels with a mixed set of 33" tires on them with about the same tread yours have. I'm willing to donate those to your project to get some bling on it right away. You just need to arrange to get them from Justin at Redline, they're out at his place.

Who else has stuff to donate? C'Mon RS'ers, check your junk stash to see what you can contribute so Tim can get this thing built and wheelin' as quick as possible.

RockRunner
05-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Nice rig, now build it and let's go wheeling.

60wag
05-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I like the rework of the bed on this one.

TIMZTOY
05-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I see it's already marking it's territory.
actually thats water from the melting snow eariler... the only leak is what apears to be a pissing valve cover gasket.. caused from a cloged pcv valve..
not driping bad.. mabey on drip every 30 min give or take
That is a thing of beauty. Did you check the frame for cracks right behind the front spring mounts? ;)
not for cracks.. but i did check for rust.. and not a single lick of rust on the frame what so ever.. i was trully shocked when i saw that..

yes i do.. but im going to build it first so im ready for moab next year. then ill truggy the rear and cut the frame off at the cab.

Hey Tim, I have a nice set of Toyota chrome steel wheels with a mixed set of 33" tires on them with about the same tread yours have. I'm willing to donate those to your project to get some bling on it right away. You just need to arrange to get them from Justin at Redline, they're out at his place.

Who else has stuff to donate? C'Mon RS'ers, check your junk stash to see what you can contribute so Tim can get this thing built and wheelin' as quick as possible.

got any pics ? im already getting timmbuck2's used 35" on brand new black rims..

as for plans.. just installing all of randy used suspention, then using the spare t-case i have sitting on a shelf to make a double'er.. and installing 4.7 gears (should i install the 4.7 in the front case or rear ? ) i also plan on doing the t-case ebrake cross member from frontrange... then upgrading the front brakes to 60 or 80 (forgot which was a direct fit) and also upgrading to rear disk brakes.. self made chromolly front bumper with 8000lb winch with synthitc line. self made DOM sliders, and self made Chromolly rear w/ class 3 tow hitch (might go 2"x4" steel like my taco)clean up the body and single stage cote the truck.. dont care if the body looks like crap because ill be truggy'd in the rear.. i might bob the bed if rust allows.. tint the window's, (im blind :rant:) Ham, Cb

this list in not in order.. its just as i rememberd everything.. b4 i do most of this list im going to finsh the stupid maintence.. the front axle needs totle rebuild.

I forgot to add 5.29's , lockers, and possibly even a got propane conversion With 2 tanks

wesintl
05-12-2010, 08:43 PM
sweet! 35's and a 22r. I'll see you in the right lane with hazards :D

I dunno about all these mods.. sliders and tires and your good to go!

DaveInDenver
05-12-2010, 08:47 PM
should i install the 4.7 in the front case or rear
Rear case only, if you do the front case the torque will grenade the back case.

TIMZTOY
05-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Rear case only, if you do the front case the torque will grenade the back case.

Thanks

TIMZTOY
05-12-2010, 09:54 PM
sweet! 35's and a 22r. I'll see you in the right lane with hazards :D

This is just the major list overall view. I'd like to get it all done b4 CM11 but don't know.and with only a 22r that's why I'd like to do a doubler. And I already have a spare t-case :thumb:

AxleIke
05-12-2010, 10:06 PM
So Perry passed on all Randy's stuff then?

J Kimmel
05-12-2010, 10:10 PM
you can mod that carb to work in LOTS of places :)

I ran mine very similar to its current state with a carb for quite some time, only gave me trouble on big inclines, but still made them all.

good trade

RLMS
05-12-2010, 10:59 PM
I have an ecu, harness, and manifolds, intake for an 86-87 FYI 22re
Cheap! :D
Pm me if you have any interest Tim

Justin

DaveInDenver
05-13-2010, 06:13 AM
This is just the major list overall view. I'd like to get it all done b4 CM11 but don't know.and with only a 22r that's why I'd like to do a doubler. And I already have a spare t-case :thumb:
With 35" tires and a 22R the first mod should be 5.29 gears. Marlin double cases aren't going to do a darn thing on the highway.

A quick from the top of my head, some people who drive their mini trucks to the trail.

Bill - 4.88 (with a 3.4L even!)
Issac - 5.29 (22R-E w/ 35")
Perry - 5.29 (22R-E w/ 33")
Me - 5.29 (22R-E w/ 33")

This is not a coincidence...

I also have an extra t-case that was destined for a double but has been sitting for 3 years now, after getting through Rubicon with a single 4.7 case I just didn't see the point for my truck. I mean geez, what more can I ask of the thing? IFS, single case, uber long wheelbase and over hang and still it got the job done. Shrug.

AxleIke
05-13-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm still running the 4.88's, but its not as peppy as it was with the 33's. I drive like a grandma anyway, so I don't really miss the extra go.

Since you are getting all of Randy's stuff, obviously, that is the first thing to go on.

Normally, IMO, the first thing on any truck should be some armor for the sensative stuff, a good set of tires, and then a season or two of wheeling. Always good to get a handle on the rig, and how it works and doesn't offroad.

Then gear it, lock it, and jump tire sizes.

To each his own, of course.

As for the doublers: having to do it over again, I'd go for the following:

1. MCO7-R10 (or the MC08) adapter: the clocking is not much, but it helps. running it 10 degress clocked will bring the bottom of the case up even with the bottom of the crawl box, which is almost 1.5" of clearance. As always, I recommend Marlin.

2. Triple stick. A guy on Pirate makes these, but they are also quite easy to fabricate yourself. Having the extra sticks back 6" is a pain for the center console. There is so little interior storage in these things already, its nice to retain the consoles. The triple stick is also nice for the clocked ring, as you can make the linkages work with the offset much more easily than the regular stick or twin sticks.

When you go for the regear, wait until you can get a couple 8" elockers. They come up pretty cheap online. 3-400 bucks isn't a bad price. Clean it up, install the gears and bearings and voila! you have selectable lockers that are fairly durable.

If you want a large strength upgrade, go detroit or ARB. Bot carriers are significantly stronger than stock. IMO, I wouldn't worry about it with a 4 cyl and 35's. When you get to a V8 and 42's, probably a good time to start looking into it! LOL.

LARGEONE
05-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Very cool, Tim...looks like it has a block heater? Where's it from originally?

Air Randy
05-13-2010, 09:43 AM
If you've already got wheels and 35's, then thats a better setup than my 33's.

Perry said he wants the front axle housing but nothing else. So Tom bought the front Longfield parts and spare axles/birfs. Tim is getting the springs, shocks, shackles and rear IFS housing. I do still have a set of rear, IFS width chromoly axles that will work with either drum or disc brakes.

DaveInDenver
05-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Isaac, with the clocked case I wonder how you judge the lube fill level.

DaveInDenver
05-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Very cool, Tim...looks like it has a block heater? Where's it from originally?
I had a block heater in my old engine and the truck was delivered to the first owner (the guy I bought it from) in October 1990 from Burt. They are dealer installed options AFAIK, but it's a good question and betcha I see what you are thinking. They are probably more common in places like Minnesota or Montana, so going to be from a place that generally has colder temps and thus salty roads... That body is not bad and so I would suspect it's likely a local truck to the Rockies. If it came from TX or AZ there would be no block heater. However if it came from Iowa or Wisconsin it would MUCH rustier.

wesintl
05-13-2010, 09:55 AM
They are probably more common in places like Minnesota or Montana,

They are plenty common if you live in the colorado mtns. ever tried to start your truck on a -30 morning in gunnison, alamosa, craig?

AxleIke
05-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Isaac, with the clocked case I wonder how you judge the lube fill level.

Hmm...Dunno. I've always just filled em up with the specified amount of oil.

Since doing the flat belly, I fill mine through the shifters anyway. Much faster, and I stick 2 quarts in the back case, 1 in the front, per Marlin's instructions.

Not sure how you'd check the fill level.

DaveInDenver
05-13-2010, 10:50 AM
They are plenty common if you live in the colorado mtns. ever tried to start your truck on a -30 morning in gunnison, alamosa, craig?
I know I miss mine a lot, even at home. Anyway, my point is only that since 3/4 of the trucks sold in Colorado at least their life start in Denver I assumed it would be more common in trucks from Minneapolis or Milwaukee.

Jacket
05-13-2010, 11:35 AM
I like the rework of the bed on this one.

Did you take that pic at McGuckins? I've seen that truck there countless times.

MDH33
05-13-2010, 11:51 AM

x2. :thumb:

TIMZTOY
05-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Don't know weren it came from orgionally but the guy I bought it from lives in gunnision. I know I need gears with 35's i wouldnet even consider drivin on 35 w/o. The doubler only because why not, I've got the parts for it so shoot. I'll most likely run randys suspention first with pizza cutters till I get the change for new gears and at minimum a rear lockright.(hopin for arb's) right now I'm just working out the manintence crap first. She's been negelected for a while.

MDH33
05-13-2010, 03:22 PM
It definitely would be nice to have all the gears, lockers, doublers, etc. But I think you would still have a lot of fun without it all on most of the trails in Colorado. Heck, I'm running all stock drivetrain with 34's and I'm just fine with it and I drive my 40 all over the place. :hill:

Just saying, you should have some fun with it stock before the down time to do a bunch of mods. :thumb:

rover67
05-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Hey man, nice rig!!! I totally dig it!!

I agree with Martin, baseline it and you can have a blast in that thing!

Rock Dog
05-13-2010, 05:21 PM
I have driven my 4runner to the trail for years with 4:88's and 33's it makes the spedometer almost correct again... but for 35's, you will need the 5.29 gears for the 22R to be able to push them at highway speeds... It is a shame as the 4.88's are a bit stronger..

With 35" tires and a 22R the first mod should be 5.29 gears. Marlin double cases aren't going to do a darn thing on the highway.

A quick from the top of my head, some people who drive their mini trucks to the trail.

Bill - 4.88 (with a 3.4L even!)
Issac - 5.29 (22R-E w/ 35")
Perry - 5.29 (22R-E w/ 33")
Me - 5.29 (22R-E w/ 33")

This is not a coincidence...

I also have an extra t-case that was destined for a double but has been sitting for 3 years now, after getting through Rubicon with a single 4.7 case I just didn't see the point for my truck. I mean geez, what more can I ask of the thing? IFS, single case, uber long wheelbase and over hang and still it got the job done. Shrug.

bh4rnnr
05-13-2010, 06:36 PM

You do?

Just sitting there?

We need to talk:blah:.

But yeah Tim, 5.29's are a very awesome upgrade. Was a major improvement for everyday and off road driving in the 4runner.

My take on the build:

Build it enough to have fun and learn. Go from there. I've been amazed at what my IFS 33'd runner can get through with just one locker. Figure out what wheeling best sutes you then continue the build from there.

Congrats on the new rig:cool::thumb:

:beer::beer:

DaveInDenver
05-13-2010, 07:10 PM
You do?

Just sitting there?

We need to talk:blah:.
I have been planning to remove the 4.7 Marlin case and put my 2.28 back in. Then sell the 4.7 case. We will definitely talk if that interests you.

bh4rnnr
05-13-2010, 08:45 PM
I have been planning to remove the 4.7 Marlin case and put my 2.28 back in. Then sell the 4.7 case. We will definitely talk if that interests you.

Yes!

Lets PM so we don't hijack Tims thread.

:beer::beer:

TIMZTOY
05-13-2010, 09:08 PM

i to would be intersted in just tradig you for the 4.7 case plus a little coin..

Old40Dog
05-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Nice ol' rig Tim...you'll have lots of fun with it....and I thought you wanted my 98 Taco to mod...:lmao:

FJBRADY
05-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Nice exchange!!!! Now build it to crawl so then you have to buy a tow rig and trailer.....and be happy and broke like the rest of us. Break it, fix it, repeat! :blah::blah:

RockRunner
05-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Nice exchange!!!! Now build it to crawl so then you have to buy a tow rig and trailer.....and be happy and broke like the rest of us. Break it, fix it, repeat! :blah::blah:

Hey we resemble that remark:D Yep the more you throw at them the more you end up with a trail rig only. IF I had it to do it all over I would......................awe never mind.

RedCreeper
05-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Hey we resemble that remark:D Yep the more you throw at them the more you end up with a trail rig only. IF I had it to do it all over I would......................awe never mind.

Ha ha. I had a awsome trail rig and daily driver......

33s
lockers
v8
very nice flexy suspension
granny gear
4:11s
Dana 60 rear
Model 30 up front

Oh sorry that was a JEEP. :eek: :p:
:thumb:

jettaglxdriver
05-14-2010, 10:56 AM
That's the kind of truck I'll be in the market for this summer before winter hits.

Hulk
05-16-2010, 11:50 PM
I did the cool 80s paint job, too. Nice trade, Tim!

TIMZTOY
05-17-2010, 10:29 AM
thanks.. im happy with it.. it drives great too.. 70mph and passing ppl

TIMZTOY
05-25-2010, 09:48 PM
well i just got my cb installed.. got a uniden pro538w off ebay for 9.99 + actual shipping.. i took it over to radio service center, and he said it was reciving exclentlly, but only transmitting at 2watts, so he said that he perform a peak and tune and claims to have it at 12w at idle and 18w transmitting.. i also ended up getting a antena (i think its fisher, not sure i forgot) he claimed that its pretuned.. but sitting at mississippi and havana i was reciving the truckers just bairly from highway 225 :)

i know i know just get a ham, :blah: but i only paied 9.99 for the cb, so i dont really feal like a spent to much. and i know i will never be the weak link on the trails.. and i get the NOAA weather at just a flip of a switch :hill:

MDH33
05-26-2010, 07:25 AM
:cool: Gotta love Ebay.

RicardoJM
05-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Wow, I don't know how I managed to miss this thread for so long. Congratulations Tim and Cindy!!! That is a nice truck. With a baseline of the engine and drive train it will do just fine around town and on many scenic and fun trails.:thumb:

timmbuck2
05-26-2010, 09:45 AM
I hear you took it up to Pike's Peak yesterday???

TIMZTOY
05-26-2010, 08:33 PM
I hear you took it up to Pike's Peak yesterday???

i did go to pikes peek yesterday but not in the pickup, i went with cindi's dad in there 2009 f150 :tongue2: it did make for a more comfy ride.. :lmao:

sadly i wasnt very impressed with pikes peek, :confused: i guess it was to domesticated :rant: and way to many ppl :rant:

TIMZTOY
04-26-2011, 05:37 PM
i though i had a build thread but i cant find it. so ill post it here

well i've had the parts to do my front and rear suspention sitting in my bedroom for about 2 months.. and i finally got around to installing some of it.
my delema was that i cant do the fronts untill i did my rear, and i couldnt do my rear untill i had all my hangers fabed up and welded.. so i got off my ass and welded on my hangers about 3 weeks ago, and finally got around to installing the rear springs on saturday. it only took me about 1-2 hours of solid work, i just had to make a few trips to ace hardware for washers and spray paint so it took a little longer that expected. actual time was ahout 4 hours. because of the trips..

i installed self drawn desigh front hangers (cut and bent by Nathanial) there 12" long with a long swooping angle to slide over rocks. i couldnt find any online that i liked, so i designed up some my self.. (P.S. i have a second set of front hangers if someone wants to buy them). then i bought trailgear rear orbit eye style leaf spring hangers. i also had nathanial cut out 6" leaf shackles with 9/16" holes.. same with front hangers.. that way all my hangers were 9/16".. i then installed chevy k2500 63" springs. w/overloads. (im planning on cutting the overloads with the perch to act as a type of lift block. (thats why i used k2500 instead of k1500. i also had to cut off all my oem hangers because all the bolts were frozen inside the bushings.. so instead of dic***g with it i just grabbed the cut off wheel. and said "well point of no return"

Red_Chili
04-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Nope, didn't happen, no pix... :lmao:

TIMZTOY
04-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Nope, didn't happen, no pix... :lmao:

bammm.. like magic..

lol i had to restart the computer.. my attach tab wasent working.

Red_Chili
04-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Shazaam! It did happen!

I like your front hangers. Are you gonna weld a plate on the bottom of them (slider plate in other words)? Do you think they would hold goo if you did?

Hey, how thick are your U-bolt plates? Can't tell from the pic, but if they are All-Pro plates you will do well to weld a piece of 1/4" plate and basically double their thickness. The U-bolts will hold torque better. DAMHIK. They will work fine, just an incremental improvement. I also went with 5/8" U-bolts torqued to 100 ft./lbs. No more fuss. Now that I look closer it may be you are already there.

I didn't know Chebbie springs didn't have a military wrap! (On the other hand I've never heard of Chebbie springs breaking on a Toy application... LOL). Just some observations from a diagnosable OCD kinda guy... :lmao:

I bet you get some mad flex out of 'em.

Beater
04-27-2011, 07:20 AM
I know it's just an optical illusion, but I like how you can't see the left jackstand attached in any of the pics..

TIMZTOY
04-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Shazaam! It did happen!

I like your front hangers. Are you gonna weld a plate on the bottom of them (slider plate in other words)? Do you think they would hold goo if you did?

Hey, how thick are your U-bolt plates? Can't tell from the pic, but if they are All-Pro plates you will do well to weld a piece of 1/4" plate and basically double their thickness. The U-bolts will hold torque better. DAMHIK. They will work fine, just an incremental improvement. I also went with 5/8" U-bolts torqued to 100 ft./lbs. No more fuss. Now that I look closer it may be you are already there.

I didn't know Chebbie springs didn't have a military wrap! (On the other hand I've never heard of Chebbie springs breaking on a Toy application... LOL). Just some observations from a diagnosable OCD kinda guy... :lmao:

I bet you get some mad flex out of 'em.

there trail-gear i belive 1/4" mabey 5/16", and yes i plan on installing a slider plate onto the front hanger.. and P.S. i have a second set of front hangers. :thumb:

I know it's just an optical illusion, but I like how you can't see the left jackstand attached in any of the pics..

yep, didnt realy use the jack stands on the axle, i had 2 on the frame (thanks jermey) i just had the axle on the jack its self, and had the stand on the pashenger side as to not stretch the brake line.. later i ended up cutting the brake line bracket off the gas tank.

theboomboom
04-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Lookin good Tim!

Dr. Schlegs
04-28-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm I the only one that is still stuck on the fact that you had suspension parts in your bedroom? Engine in the Breakfast Nook totally acceptable and well ....cool.:drumsticks:

TIMZTOY
04-28-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm I the only one that is still stuck on the fact that you had suspension parts in your bedroom? Engine in the Breakfast Nook totally acceptable and well ....cool.:drumsticks:

yep.. all brand new parts.. no breakfast nook :)

MDH33
04-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Looking good Tim. So I hope this is prep for Cruise Moab? :headbang:

TIMZTOY
08-28-2011, 08:08 PM
installed 2 weeks ago, i was just to lazy to post..

i traded some parts i had stock piled, for some toys..

nothing particurally fancy.. i was wanting kickouts. to use as a step. but my choices limited that option.. scotty sugusted getting 72" (suposed to use 68")and cutting off the last part and squaring it off. so that the slider didnt angle back in.. so thats what i did, i cut off the last few inches. and instead of just caping with some flat stock, i decided to notch a piece i had laying around. i feal it looks much better.

TIMZTOY
08-28-2011, 08:11 PM
more pics.

TIMZTOY
08-28-2011, 08:23 PM
well i came across a pacesetter header. so i started to install it, and got frustrated. when i found out that there was a cross over tube going behind the head to the intake (carburated). well i got pissed, and decided to just do my EFI conversion. so i removed the header, intake manifold, radiator, timing chain and cover (timing guide broken and chain grinding into the housing) a few days prior i droped my oil pan to fix the leak, thats when i found the broken guide.

TIMZTOY
08-28-2011, 08:27 PM
then i started to swap the wiring harness, ended up haveing to gut the car. mostlly because i wanted to get all that 20+ year old dirt out of the truck.

rover67
08-28-2011, 08:28 PM
lucky you found the broken guide before the chain broke!

TIMZTOY
08-28-2011, 08:32 PM
you know when the wife says she cant find her keys, or phone, and your forced to dig for it.. :blah:... over killl ..... :lmao: and all i got was .75 cents.. and still didnt find it.. hahaha JK

theboomboom
08-28-2011, 08:37 PM
No doubt you're going to be much happier with the truck once you get all the work done on it Tim, keep it up! You're making good progress!

TIMZTOY
08-28-2011, 08:41 PM
the main resioning for removing the seats was because i have always wanted to remove that nasty vinyl crap and coate the interior with bed liner. (perfosional or diy) i dont care. and it was only 8 bolts to get the seats out. so **** it. and with the seats and floor crap out i can actually take a garden hose to the interior and not care about it.

TIMZTOY
09-15-2011, 10:20 PM
some pics of the interior after removing the vinyl crap. then i cleaned the floor with a broom and vacume..
then i removed all the tar crap (about 30 lbs i belive) then after cleaning the steel with a wire wheel, after removing the tar

TIMZTOY
09-15-2011, 10:34 PM
i sprayed the interior with the bed liner today, but didnt get any chance to get good photos, so ill take some in the morning.. i ended up spraying the entire interior.
firewall, floor, rear bed wall, side walls under the windows, doors, door jambs, a b & c pillers, and roof..

corsair23
09-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Looking great Tim :thumb:

TIMZTOY
09-26-2011, 08:20 PM
sorry guys, ive been slacking.
here's the during and after pic's
i used the "U-POL Raptor" kit and i'm extreamlly pleased with the results. it could use a second cote.. i stretched the lining instead of making it thick.

TIMZTOY
09-26-2011, 08:24 PM
more pics

TIMZTOY
09-26-2011, 08:29 PM
more

corsair23
09-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Looks better with the lining :)

Uncle Ben
09-27-2011, 01:55 AM
That looks much better Tim. Excellent work! :clap:

TIMZTOY
09-27-2011, 04:41 PM
thanks guys.. i agree it looks a ton better with the lining

TIMZTOY
11-30-2011, 07:40 PM
have been making progress bit by bit. but most of it has not been photo worthy. basically just piecing the motor and interior back togther.. as of now. the interior is compleatlly back togther excpt the radio/elocker.. and i still have the glove box out because of the axcess to the locker wireing.

then I finally got around to finshing my front suspention. i had all the parts since like march.. lol i used my rear springs and another set of rear springs, and combined the two packs to make one.. i went from a stock 4 leaf pack to a 7 leaf pack.

TIMZTOY
11-30-2011, 07:43 PM
im having issues loading photos.. it is saying out of memory.

corsair23
12-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Looking good Tim :thumb:

As for the pics, did you resize them before trying to upload them :confused:

TIMZTOY
12-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Looking good Tim :thumb:

As for the pics, did you resize them before trying to upload them :confused:

no, usually dont... which might be why its out of memory.. lol.

TIMZTOY
12-07-2011, 11:51 PM
got more done today. i ended up finally getting the front springs finshed. and the truck sitting on it own..
got both springs mounted to the frame and shackle.
then got them mounted to the axle via u-bolt flip kit.
it ended up moving the axle foward like 4" and lifted it up 4" from what it was.. its sitting level'ish now, hard to tell untill its on flat ground. also finshed up the high steer. and preformed a tape measure alignment, with rims only. at about 1/16 - 1/8" toe in. which im "assuming" is going to be about 1/4" with the tires on. either way its good. i also ended up getting the old pitman arm off and was putting the new allpro one on, when i acdentlly damaged 3 threads.. so i cant tighten it untill tommorw when i get my thread file from work..

TIMZTOY
12-15-2011, 03:28 PM
SHE'S ALIVE !!!!!! muwahahahahaha

farnhamstj
12-15-2011, 03:41 PM
no pic. didn't happen

Red_Chili
12-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Need to change your sig pic! Agreed, nonexistent truck. ;-)

corsair23
12-15-2011, 04:53 PM
no pic. didn't happen

:D

Tim,

You might want to check out this and see if any of the "tools" will fit your need for image resizing...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/is-there-an-image-resizer-for-windows-7-as-there/3e7b6f6d-eae8-4580-a92f-4a375016dd4c

Uncle Ben
12-15-2011, 05:00 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oNfcJeP80do/SLXToahTCtI/AAAAAAAAAUg/JI88zp9W8S4/s320/Pants+on+fire.jpg

TIMZTOY
12-15-2011, 05:58 PM
kinda hard to post a pic of the thing running it would just look like a truck.. lol

i was doing a little jig when it was running i was so happy.. :) but..... then i noticed a fuel injector leak, and was like.. DAMNIT ! so i took the upper off and removed the fuel rail. to replace the seals.. then remembered that i didnt adjust the valve gap after installing the efi camshaft. so ill also have to knock that out as well.. then when done. i still need to get the exhaust done.

Uncle Ben
12-15-2011, 06:49 PM
i was doing a little jig when it was running i was so happy.. :)

THAT is exactly what we need pictures of!

TIMZTOY
12-15-2011, 08:12 PM
THAT is exactly what we need pictures of!

lol ill see what i can do

TIMZTOY
12-18-2011, 09:43 PM
got her running again ! (post fuel injector o-ring fix)

installed fuel rail, intake manifold, the peski coolent hose that you always seem to forget, then say oh shlt when adding coolent :rant:.
Started her up to get her hot..
Then took it back apart to adjust the valve gap (has to be dont hot).
Then back togther again for the final time to adjust the timing to 12 btc. Then adjusted the idle down from 1050 to 850. :D
Then mounted the ecm.
Slaped in the glove box and radio stuff. (still have to wire in all my sterio and elocker stuff)
Next i removed the front 2 halvs of the drive shaft (pain in the ass) :rant:

then test drove her :perry: she drove great, expectually for having no shocks in the front :hill: went to a construction sight in the subdivision to flex her out. :( kinda a pain with "gumbo mud", and only a loose pile of gravel to test on.

TIMZTOY
12-21-2011, 07:23 PM
drove it today.. with no exhaust up to santafe and iowa ..
OMG its freaking anoying with only open headers and no weather striping..
i had to get a extention pipe fabed up to go from my header to the cat.
ill post pic of pipe tommorw..

i also decided to make my own extended front drive shaft from my old one..
i cut the driveshaft in half to measure the inside diameter of the pipe.. then called a local steel shop to get some pipe. well they didnt have a whole lot to chose from i ended up getting a 3" OD with a wall thickness a tad thicker than 1/4" . had the wife pick it up, when i got home i was :eek::eek: and its DOM... i would say that it is quite literally bullet proof. the only weak ling is going to be the u-joint and the forks there in.. at some point ill have to buy the 10" kit from trail gear.. because the OEM one is only like a 5" stroke.

TIMZTOY
12-21-2011, 07:33 PM
and PS.. it had to be the size of my photo's because i changed the camara to small and they all loaded just fine

MountainGoat
12-21-2011, 08:50 PM
I saw you going east on Hampden at Lowell at 4:15pm. I was going the other way in the 4Runner.

Damn, that thing was LOUD! :hill:

TIMZTOY
12-21-2011, 09:54 PM
yep... freaking crazy loud. ive driven honda's with open headers b4 and there not near that loud

TIMZTOY
12-22-2011, 08:51 PM
more update
first off, this morning i was going to pull the truck into the garage so i didn't have to work outside. well poopy.. it took me about an hour just to move it out into the street, move over two car width to the driveway, and into the driveway. it got stuck (mind you no front drive shaft and elocker arnt wired in yet) on the curb at the end of the driveway. about 3' of snow. eventually said screw it.. crawled under it. took off the elocker motor, lifted the rear axle, and put that bitch into lock. 2wd.
that finally got me to slide sideways and back up parallel with the street. ( i was in the middle of the street stuck.) then gun hoed it forward to try and revers it into the driveway, but of coarse it got stuck in the same spot going (on the curb) just sitting there spinning the tires. so i put it into low and revers and jumped out of the truck and pushed the ass of the truck 4' to line it up with the driveway.. and then it started to move, yeah.. then just kept going.. lol into the flowers :D before i took it out of gear.. :p: well long story i got the exhaust extension pipe installed (missing gasket) and drove it to work. had to floor it to get out of the subdivision.

driving on the highway in water/slush mix with no wiper blades is a pain in the ars.. it was manageable till a semi flew past me.. :mad: couldn't even see the stinger on my bumper.. so i had to pull over and use the wiper blade by hand to see .. Then only a 1/2 mile away from work the alternator putz'ed out on me and i had to limp it into work on the shoulder. i couldn't rev it past like 2,000:mad:so i had to leave it there till i can but a alternator. (very sad day) BUT... BUT.. i did get the super ridiculously thick drive shaft ground down to fit the ends.. luckily my roommate was just leaving to go home when i got there and was kind enough to stay till i finished the dive shafts.

TIMZTOY
12-22-2011, 08:58 PM
i didn't take any picks of the dive shaft, but did manage some of the extension pipe.. what i did was have a friend of a friend bend and flare up some pipe with a flange.. and i didn't have new cat, so i cut off my old flange off my old stock exhaust. then welded it together after trimming about an inch.

farnhamstj
12-23-2011, 05:40 PM
New to driving in snow?

TIMZTOY
12-23-2011, 08:00 PM
New to driving in snow?

I heck no... Grew up in Missouri. It's just the tires on the truck are hard road like tires. And the truck wasnt finshed. Only spinning 1 wheel. No front drive shaft. And there was a 2-3' pile o snow behind the truck. (roomate shoveled the driveway and dumped it all behind my truck )

Mendocino
12-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Sounds like a memorable day; glad you are alright.

TIMZTOY
12-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Sounds like a memorable day; glad you are alright.

it was quite embarsing, because all the neibors know the truck and have been watching its progress.. :rant: