PDA

View Full Version : Annual Ouray Run - Labor Day Weekend - September 4-5, 2010

Old40Dog
05-15-2010, 07:18 AM
This annual run has become a club favorite. Traveling the mountain passes by 4x4 is a wonderful way to experience the magnificent mountains surrounding Ouray. The immediate vicinity offers limitless opportunities for four-wheeling, from easy scenic drives to rugged challenges, along trails miners built to passes that climb to spectacular heights. The trails traverse some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, abundant with wildflowers, ghost towns, abandoned mines, animal life, all with breathtaking vistas.

Check out area camping info here (http://www.ouraycolorado.com/Campgrounds+&+RV+Parks) or camp at the 4J Campground (http://www.ouraycolorado.com/rv4j) within walking distance of a relaxing soak in the Ouray Hot Springs Pool. You can also stay at the Amphitheater forest service campground (http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Amphitheater_Co/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70572&topTabIndex=CampingSpot)above town or the KOA (http://www.koa.com/where/co/06158/) about 10 minutes North of town.

San Juan Roads and Ghost Town Map attached to this post at the bottom. Check the links to the various trails to "TrailDamage.com (http://www.traildamage.com)" for more info.

Saturday

1) Black Bear Pass (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=79)to Telluride, lunch in the city park. You can take a brief walk along main street, stop for ice cream or your favorite fru-fru coffee. Imogene Pass (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=80) for the return trip to Ouray.

2) Optional Trail Run = Ophir Pass (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=106). Relaxed shorter run for those with younger children or those just desiring a shorter run than BlackBear/Imogene.

Sunday

1) Engineer Pass (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=300)to Lake City, lunch in the city park, return via Cinnamon Pass (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=298) thru Animas Forks, Silverton and back to Ouray.

2) Optional Trail Run = Governor Basin (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=82). Relaxed shorter run for those with younger children or those just desiring a shorter run than Engineer/Cinnamon.

We'll meet at 8:00AM in the parking lot by the Ouray Hot Springs for all runs. Leave 30 minutes later.

6PM, Pot Luck at the 4J's group picnic area. Bring your own main dish and a side dish or dessert to share.

Post up if you're interested in attending.

Attending
1) Old40dog = Kaiser
2) nuclearlemon = Gustafson (hopeful!)
3) Wesintl = Worek
4) spcruiser = Steve (Durango)
5) baileyfj40 = Koons (most lkely)
6) trapper50cal = JT, Eve (Durango)
7) Dills = JC, wife Kristin, daughter Aspen (Durango)
8) Corbet = Corbet, Marianne, Bridger, & the dogs :puppykisses:
9) Rock Dog = Neil
10) Rutbeer = Barry & Mary (less likely now)
11) Loki = Phil (most likely)
12) Satchel & wife
13) Romer = Ken
14) Romer = Rachel
15) Ajax = (From Gunnison) & Wife
16) rgsiii = Richard
17) Hulk = Matt & Family
18) RockOn = Brandon & Girlfriend
19) Art Volmer = Art & Megan

FJBRADY
05-15-2010, 09:32 AM
I am in :D

MDH33
05-15-2010, 10:32 AM
I have to work that weekend, but some ideas for additional runs would be Yankee Boy or Governers Basin Saturday and Corkscrew on Sunday.

:beer:

SRT08BUS
05-15-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm in work pending, would know by July but might have to back out work pending...I hate work:rant:

nuclearlemon
05-15-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm a hopeful... Barb and Bruce opened my eyes to this area

wesintl
05-15-2010, 12:20 PM
I have to check with the xyl but I'm interested in doing ophir sat and governor on sun

Mendocino
05-15-2010, 04:07 PM
We are pretty keen on this. I thin we'll bring the crew cab as a support vehicle but will have some logistical issues with 5 of us in the 40.

nattybumppo
05-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Perfect timing since I go on vacation that Sunday. Hopefully I'll be able to beg/trade days and get Friday and Saturday off, so count me and two kids in!

Old40Dog
05-15-2010, 07:50 PM
We are pretty keen on this. I thin we'll bring the crew cab as a support vehicle but will have some logistical issues with 5 of us in the 40.

Great trip for the family! You can likely leave the crew cab at the camp or at the trail head and find enough seats for all of you in one of the 80's or 100's that'll be there. It definitely won't make it down the waterfall on Black Bear!:eek:

Uncle Ben
05-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Great trip for the family! You can likely leave the crew cab at the camp or at the trail head and find enough seats for all of you in one of the 80's or 100's that'll be there. It definitely won't make it down the waterfall on Black Bear!:eek:

"Family trip" doesn't apply as the kids are back in school already!

Mendocino
05-16-2010, 02:05 AM
"Family trip" doesn't apply as the kids are back in school already!

It's Labor Day Weekend UB.

nattybumppo
05-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Never let school get in the way of a good trip!

Old40Dog
05-16-2010, 07:56 AM

AMEN!:bowdown:

SRT08BUS
05-16-2010, 02:28 PM

Colorado Back Road History 303

Mendocino
05-16-2010, 03:22 PM
We made reservations at the campground and will arrive on Friday and leave on Tuesday.:)

spcruiser
05-16-2010, 05:44 PM
My family and I joined you last year. We came up with a few other rigs from Durango. Had a great time and would love to join you again this year.
Black Bear Saturday
Some Sunday options might be Poughkeepsie- Corkscrew Pass no backtracking.
Or Poughkeepsie- Kendall Mountain, Kendall Mountain drive to top and return on same road, begins and ends in Silverton.
Or Poughkeepsie- Clear Lake, Clear lake drive up to lake return on same road, road begins between Silverton and Red Mountain.
You can count us in, what ever we run.

bh4rnnr
05-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Thinking I might have to find an open seat for this trip.......

I'm liking the Kendall Mountain thought. Always wanted to run that road.

:beer::beer:

Uncle Ben
05-16-2010, 08:06 PM
It's Labor Day Weekend UB.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::o

farnhamstj
05-16-2010, 09:43 PM
We're in also, bringing the kids. We'll be camping at 4J again. But I am not sure we will be joining the club runs. We'd like to spend a little more time exploring Ouray and Telluride. Less driving more sightseeing. More soaking in the springs.

SRT08BUS
05-16-2010, 10:41 PM
I've been given a green light on this one:thumb:

Mendocino
05-16-2010, 11:56 PM
We're in also, bringing the kids. We'll be camping at 4J again. But I am not sure we will be joining the club runs. We'd like to spend a little more time exploring Ouray and Telluride. Less driving more sightseeing. More soaking in the springs.

This is basically our plan.:thumb:

Hulk
05-17-2010, 01:01 AM
This is basically our plan.:thumb:

That sounds like a good plan to me, too. I'll talk to Karie to confirm.

Old40Dog
05-17-2010, 06:59 AM
My family and I joined you last year. We came up with a few other rigs from Durango. Had a great time and would love to join you again this year.

We'd love to have you guys join us again! I'll bring the locking hub that I got from you last year after breaking mine on Black Bear. :lmao:

Thanks for the trail suggestions. We'll take a look.

baileyfj40
05-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Katie and I most likely be there.

Corbet
05-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Right now I am tentively planning on attending. Not sure if Marianne will be able to make it. So it could be me with the boys.

Also I believe JT/Eve (trapper50cal) and JC/family plan to attend. So the 3 Durango 80's should be in attendance.

Old40Dog
05-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Katie and I most likely be there.

Right now I am tentively planning on attending. Not sure if Marianne will be able to make it. So it could be me with the boys.

Also I believe JT/Eve (trapper50cal) and JC/family plan to attend. So the 3 Durango 80's should be in attendance.

Look forward to seeing all of you there! :) More details on alternate trails coming.....

MountainMan
06-01-2010, 10:51 AM
for those that may have not made the trip to this area, you really should make it a priority, the scenery is breathtaking, most of the trails are pretty easy (black bear not included - but i did run it in my 100% stock FJC w/o issue). many of the hotels have hot springs (in addition to the public pools) - there is a great pizza place in Teluride named Brown Bear that I recommend. I went wheeling up this way in 07 and 08 at the 1st and 2nd annual FJ Summit (about 200 FJs attended) and have done most of the trails. California Gulch also offers some amazing scenery, Engineer Pass is great, Imogene may be the most gorgeous run i have ever seen, the towns are friendly, anyway... just a big thumbs up from me, I WOULD LOVE to join you all, being there with a smaller group than the FJ Summit I think would be wonderful... do you guys do much together when this goes down (i hope the answer is yes cause i would love to get to know you all better) or is it just a deal where we happen to be there at the same time but everyone does their own thing?

FJBRADY
06-01-2010, 03:02 PM
for those that may have not made the trip to this area, you really should make it a priority, the scenery is breathtaking, most of the trails are pretty easy (black bear not included - but i did run it in my 100% stock FJC w/o issue). many of the hotels have hot springs (in addition to the public pools) - there is a great pizza place in Teluride named Brown Bear that I recommend. I went wheeling up this way in 07 and 08 at the 1st and 2nd annual FJ Summit (about 200 FJs attended) and have done most of the trails. California Gulch also offers some amazing scenery, Engineer Pass is great, Imogene may be the most gorgeous run i have ever seen, the towns are friendly, anyway... just a big thumbs up from me, I WOULD LOVE to join you all, being there with a smaller group than the FJ Summit I think would be wonderful... do you guys do much together when this goes down (i hope the answer is yes cause i would love to get to know you all better) or is it just a deal where we happen to be there at the same time but everyone does their own thing?

There were 20 rigs or so last year. Most stayed at the camp ground, some in hotels. We were all together on Saturday's run on Black Bear and Imogene spending lunch in Telluride. Sunday a few of us ran Pookepsie Gulch (sp), most drove to Lake City via Engineer and came back over the pass south of Lake City...which I can't think of right now. Anyhow great views, great food in town and nice easy shelf road :eek: wheeling. Highly recommend this trip. Here's the trip report from last year http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=10781
This run is under new management and Dave should have details/schedule soon!

LARGEONE
06-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm in with the wife and child. I also believe my neighbor and his wife are in...he's not a member yet, but this run will hook him. He just bought a great looking 80 and these trails will be perfect for him...I think he did them with his dad in a brand new 60 series back in 1983!!!

Anyway, I would love to hear more details about where to camp, etc so I will hit some people up tomorrow night at the meeting.

Rock Dog
06-02-2010, 08:20 AM
I am planning on attending at this point..

MountainMan
06-02-2010, 09:21 AM
i have stayed at the best western and the riverside inn before, both were dandy
i also stayed in the cabins at riverside inn, which was less comfy, they get hot, but they are cheaper
http://www.ouraycolorado.com/Hotels+%26+Motels

Old40Dog
06-04-2010, 08:34 AM

Most stay at the 4J Campground, so there's various small groups getting together Saturday night. We also have a "Pot Luck" Sunday at 6PM at the 4J Group picnic area and everyone hangs out afterwards. Hope you'll join us!

OilHammer
06-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Count me in. Might have the wife with me, but not confirmed on that yet.

Loki
06-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Most likely for me, I'll have to see how school works out....

1loudLX
06-16-2010, 02:40 AM
I'll be attempting to make this if I get everything squared away in NY and get back out to CO by then.

Caribou Sandstorm
06-16-2010, 08:29 AM
Nice to see that Rutbeer guy getting involved around here...

Old40Dog
06-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Count me in. Might have the wife with me, but not confirmed on that yet.

Most likely for me, I'll have to see how school works out....

I'll be attempting to make this if I get everything squared away in NY and get back out to CO by then.

We'd love to see all of you guys join us in Ouray in September! It's definitely a special place!

nattybumppo
07-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Will my stock-height 60 with 31s be OK on these pass roads or do I need to drive the 40 across the state?

Old40Dog
07-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Will my stock-height 60 with 31s be OK on these pass roads or do I need to drive the 40 across the state?

Sascha, you will be fine on these trails. We're going to take a stock 80 with 33's, but 31's would work fine.

We are planning tol have some more difficult trails for a small group each day as an alternate run. More on that very soon.

MDH33
07-02-2010, 08:23 PM
...or do I need to drive the 40 across the state?

You make that sound like a bad thing. :rolleyes:;)

84cruzer
07-02-2010, 08:32 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun. The San Juans are so scenic. Must check the schedule.:D

nattybumppo
07-03-2010, 06:22 PM
You make that sound like a bad thing. :rolleyes:;)

You havn't been in my 40 with two kids, a big dog and camping gear!

satchel
07-05-2010, 11:00 PM
My wife and I are hoping to make this trip as well, if 2 more noobs is ok.

Old40Dog
07-07-2010, 07:26 AM
You havn't been in my 40 with two kids, a big dog and camping gear!

Might be time for a roof rack on the 40! :eek:

My wife and I are hoping to make this trip as well, if 2 more noobs is ok.

Satchel, hope to see you and your wife in Ouray. Ahhh, and I think 62's are so sweeeet! :cool:

Caribou Sandstorm
07-29-2010, 10:49 PM
You guys probably already knew this since you have been going back for a bunch of years but the 4J has that county road going right up the middle of it.

Granted the speed is posted 15 miles but I just had a buddy stay there last week and he said it was busy and no one went 15 mph..

I am sure there are good spots in this campground, does anyone know the favored spots? i.e #s ...through...

Corbet
07-30-2010, 11:21 AM
You guys probably already knew this since you have been going back for a bunch of years but the 4J has that county road going right up the middle of it.

Granted the speed is posted 15 miles but I just had a buddy stay there last week and he said it was busy and no one went 15 mph..

I am sure there are good spots in this campground, does anyone know the favored spots? i.e #s ...through...

This is why I don't ever want to camp there again. It looks like we will be looking for a cabin this year.

Romer
07-30-2010, 11:26 AM
What campground are folks planning on staying at? I understand there are two choices

Corbet
07-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Ken, if you have not attended on this run before traditionally the families stay at 4J and the late night people stay at the Amphitheater forest service campground above town. 4J is much like slickrock in moab but with more traffic running through it.

4J has an area where a group meal is possible.

Caribou Sandstorm
07-30-2010, 05:31 PM
And I think the amphitheatre is reservations or first come first served...eitherway, it is internationally known and popular, full everytime I have been there...

You can also try the KOA, seems really nice but the 4J is nice also and that is where everyone will be. Maybe you can request a site not on the county road, if that bothers you?

Corbet what cabins are you looking into?

Corbet
07-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Corbet what cabins are you looking into?

Don't remember the name, JT mentioned it once the other day. I'll find out. We are yet to camp with our son. So a cabin is looking good for Ouray this year.

Romer
08-02-2010, 01:58 PM
My question is where are others staying. Part of the fun is hanging out at night.

Old40Dog
08-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Ken, if you have not attended on this run before traditionally the families stay at 4J and the late night people stay at the Amphitheater forest service campground above town. 4J is much like slickrock in moab but with more traffic running through it.

4J has an area where a group meal is possible.

My question is where are others staying. Part of the fun is hanging out at night.

We do have a reservation to do the Pot Luck at the 4J's group picnic area Sunday at 6PM. We'll be staying there and the meeting place for the runs is around the corner at the Hot Springs parking area at 9:00 AM. Check the links on the first post for details on camping info. More details at the meeting Wednesday!

Romer
08-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Rachel and I are in

ajax
08-03-2010, 10:34 AM
will be joining this me and my wife, we stay at some cabins called rivers end cabins are 50 bucks a nite in summer, can have your dog, hot tub and grills at the cabins, look forward to meeting some of ya

Groucho
08-03-2010, 02:06 PM
The 15MPH road goes in front of the camping section on the west-most side of the CG. If you opt to camp in a tent at the 4Js I would recommend getting a spot inside the fence where we would group our popup trailers. You can get these for tents and the fence helps separate the road from the CG.

We took over that area right at the front of the CG with kids and popups/tents. Nakman, Jacket, RedChili, Farnham, and our family had the kids on bikes, big wheels and scooters all over the parking lot. I bet other campers probably complained that they couldn't walk through the CG without getting hit by a kid on a bike. :D

IIRC, the numbers were in the early teens to 20. we stayed in 17, 18 and 19 if my memory serves me correctly.

Romer
08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
we have a reservation with water and electricity. Didn't give us a number

wesintl
08-03-2010, 03:58 PM
I think that back corner where nathaniel is talking about is ele only. I tried to make a res for that area but who knows what I got... I'm pretty sure I got ele only

nattybumppo
08-08-2010, 12:22 PM
I couldn't get Friday and Saturday off, so I am unfortunately out for this great trip this year. Have fun!

Corbet
08-08-2010, 08:30 PM
We are staying at the Victorian Inn splitting the suite with JT/Eve. Only up for Friday and Saturday nights.

rgsiii
08-09-2010, 11:46 PM
I am a definite maybe.:D

OilHammer
08-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Okay, so I need to make reservations somewhere? Is 4J the place? Seems like I need to nail this down now or lose it. I'm definitely in! Posted for the day off on Friday, and my work will pound me the following week. Need this!

Hulk
08-11-2010, 02:05 AM
Hmmm, I need to make some reservations too.

ocr14a
08-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Okay, so I need to make reservations somewhere? Is 4J the place? Seems like I need to nail this down now or lose it. I'm definitely in! Posted for the day off on Friday, and my work will pound me the following week. Need this!

I don't know anything about the 4J place, but if other places are OK....
For camping, I'd recommend one of two National Forest campgrounds; either 'the Amphitheater' (~.5 mile South of town on 550) or 'Angel Creek' (~.5 mile up Camp Bird Rd.).

Or if you really want to be on your own, I'd say go check out OCR14a (Ouray County Road 14a). That's where we used to stay years ago, and we show it to people all the time when looking for a free National Forest plot to pitch for the night (or for the week).

For hotels, I'd recommend either the Ouray Hotel (small, clean, enough for resting and showering, owner Dale is great; let him know Sandstorm Steven from the Boulder area sent you if you check in there) or the Comfort Inn (great people, little nicer place with communal hot tub out front, continental breakfast, etc).

Old40Dog
08-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Glad to hear you're all attending! (maybe) :thumb:

:campfire:
4J is where we'll also have the pot luck Sunday evening. Other sites will work out okay too. See first post for camping info.

Hmmm, I need to make some reservations too. Things tend to fill up in Ouray for Labor Day Weekend!

I am a definite maybe.:D :camping:

Romer
08-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Rachel and I are at the 4J. We want to be with the group, yet be able to meander into town

Corbet
08-11-2010, 11:02 PM
FYI the Victorian Inn allows dogs. That's why we are there. Plus the continental breakfast is decent too. If the Box Canyon Lodge allowed dogs we would be there. I like the private hot springs.

Mendocino
08-12-2010, 08:57 PM
The Hamiltons' are out. We are going to New Mexico that weekend. Before I cancel the reservation (4J) does anyone need it? PM me.

corsair23
08-13-2010, 12:48 AM

The Hamiltons' are out. We are going to New Mexico that weekend. Before I cancel the reservation (4J) does anyone need it? PM me.

Matt paging Jeff :D

1loudLX
08-13-2010, 06:00 PM
wont be making it, I'll still be east coast styles for a couple more weeks after this. :(

SRT08BUS
08-16-2010, 11:36 AM
It's looking like I can do this run, funds permitting, but I need a place to crash. It's just me and all I need is a tent spot and someone willing to split the dues.

SRT08BUS
08-16-2010, 07:14 PM
It's looking like I can do this run, funds permitting, but I need a place to crash. It's just me and all I need is a tent spot and someone willing to split the dues.

I'm out so I can save some cash, but I hope everyone has a blast.

RockOn
08-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Is it too late to get in on this? The girl and I are planning on heading to Ouray and run a few trails Labor day weekend already so this would be perfect as I've never been before.

Also, apparently I'm not the only Brandon w/ a yellow FJ...

Old40Dog
08-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Is it too late to get in on this? The girl and I are planning on heading to Ouray and run a few trails Labor day weekend already so this would be perfect as I've never been before.

We'd luv to have you join us. Just let me know if you need any additional info beyond whats on the first page of this post! See ya in Ouray!

That's correct Brandon! We also have SRT08BUS, Brandon with Yellow 2008 FJC. :smokin:

Corbet
08-20-2010, 02:39 PM
You can edit Corbet on the first page to = untire family. Marianne, Bridger, & the dogs.

Looking forward to getting out of town for a few days

SRT08BUS
08-21-2010, 02:48 AM

So when I see the pics I can kinda feel like I was there, man I really envy all of you going for this event....play safe!

Old40Dog
08-22-2010, 10:38 AM
I've added some pics from last year for the benefit of those unfamiliar with the spectacular scenery around Ouray!

:risingsun

ajax
08-22-2010, 03:31 PM
would like to run poughekeepsie is anybody else down

rgsiii
08-22-2010, 08:21 PM
It looks like I am a for sure. I will be getting to Ouray about 10-11 PM and will just stay in a hotel. Where and at what time would everyone get going?

Richard

Corbet
08-22-2010, 09:03 PM
would like to run poughekeepsie is anybody else down

I think I can speak for the untire Durango clan as we are down for that.

Old40Dog
08-22-2010, 09:51 PM
It looks like I am a for sure. I will be getting to Ouray about 10-11 PM and will just stay in a hotel. Where and at what time would everyone get going?

Richard

We'll meet at 8:00AM in the parking lot by the Ouray Hot Springs on Saturday for Black Bear/Imogene and 9:00AM for Saturday Ophir Pass run and both Sunday runs. Leave 30 minutes later.

lilred4runner
08-22-2010, 11:48 PM
I will need to talk to the wife, but we may be in, as long as my stock lilred will be able to make the trails, and I can find a cabin.

Will let you know soon.

Thanks,

John

RockOn
08-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Should be good on the info. I'm rolling in from Denver Friday night after work, probably arriving around 10-11pm. The Ampitheater is first come first serve only at this point so I'll either try and find something there hopefully, or up that county road 14a if there's nothing else available.

And I'm a go for Poughkeepsie as well.

Corbet
08-23-2010, 12:23 PM
We meet at 9:00AM in the parking lot by the Ouray Hot Springs both Saturday and Sunday. Leave by 9:30AM.

I would recommend meeting at 8am on Saturday for the BlackBear Pass run. An extra hour could mean much more if there ends up being a line up of rigs waiting to decend down into Telluride.

Old40Dog
08-26-2010, 07:41 PM
I would recommend meeting at 8am on Saturday for the BlackBear Pass run. An extra hour could mean much more if there ends up being a line up of rigs waiting to decend down into Telluride.

Bump! Wow, can't believe its only 9 more days to Ouray! :D

BTW see revised times on first post! Thanks Corbet! :beer2:

wesintl
08-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Dave, I don't want to meet that late either. I'd prefer to meet at 8 and leave 15 min later. I'd rather leave early and get back early. Is there anyone interested in doing ophir then last dollar rd, sat or Governor/yankee boy sun?

LARGEONE
08-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Dave...thank you for organizing this trip; however, I'm going to have to remove my name from the "IN" list. Our nine-month-old is not a very cooperative traveler...we tried a two hour trip to Breckenridge and it did not go so well. Can't imagine what 6-7hours to Ouray would be like and then camping and dragging him all over the trails. I'm gonna stay a little closer to home this coming weekend.

I sure hope to make this trip one year.

ajax
08-29-2010, 05:17 PM
i would like to run yankeeboy ,gov on sat if you want, i think well head back to gunny on sun over engineer, is anybody running anything on fri

Romer
08-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Rachel and I are still in. Planning on leaving Friday morning sometime in the two vehicle Romer Caravan. We will be on 146.460

ajax
08-29-2010, 06:00 PM
i think were leaving friday by noon staying at the timber lodge

Old40Dog
08-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Sorry to hear you'll not be attending Paul. See you soon!

Dave...thank you for organizing this trip; however, I'm going to have to remove my name from the "IN" list. Our nine-month-old is not a very cooperative traveler...we tried a two hour trip to Breckenridge and it did not go so well. Can't imagine what 6-7hours to Ouray would be like and then camping and dragging him all over the trails. I'm gonna stay a little closer to home this coming weekend.

I sure hope to make this trip one year.

ajax
08-30-2010, 07:03 PM
anybody want to meet up in gunny and run engineer or cinnamon to ouray on fri, thinking mineral creek or california pass, getting off work at noon or so

OilHammer
08-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Ugh....not sure it's going to fly afterall. I just bought a house and the movers couldn't come until Thursday. They aren't moving the garage, so I still have to get all that crap moved out, then I'm flying to NM for a week on Monday night. Given all that going on, my conservative side says don't go, but my fun side says cram it all in. I can't imagine my wife will be happy with a house full of boxes for 7 days to unpack by herself.
However, she wants to go there for a run over Sept 18th, so I might just be delaying the trip a couple weeks. Dunno.

satchel
08-31-2010, 01:22 PM
In the spirit of providing information in case we break down or something, we'll be leaving Fri morning probably via 285. We will be staying at the amphitheater and I think Art is joining us.

Old40Dog
08-31-2010, 06:46 PM
Dave, I don't want to meet that late either. I'd prefer to meet at 8 and leave 15 min later. I'd rather leave early and get back early. Is there anyone interested in doing ophir then last dollar rd, sat or Governor/yankee boy sun?

Then, earlier it is!

Po Boy 80
09-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Dave,
Tell Ida that my wife promises to bring the Dilly Bean Recipe
Look forward to seeing you guys.
Po Boy 80 / The Dills Family
Dark Grey 80 from Durango.

Old40Dog
09-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Dave,
Tell Ida that my wife promises to bring the Dilly Bean Recipe
Look forward to seeing you guys.
Po Boy 80 / The Dills Family
Dark Grey 80 from Durango.

AWESOME! :bowdown:

Art Volmer
09-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Megan and I are in. Is there a list started for the pot luck that I did not see?

ajax
09-03-2010, 08:51 AM
going to run cinnamon to California, to poughkeepsie to mineral to ouray if anybody wants to join, leaving gunnison 1200 -1230, i ll be at the trail head of cinnamon for a little to pull my sway bar, 901 5443 if any one wants to join

Old40Dog
09-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Megan and I are in. Is there a list started for the pot luck that I did not see?

Great! Bring your choice of main dish and a side dish to share.

wesintl
09-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Dave, unfortunately were out. Tracy is sick. Sorry to cancel the optional run late on ya :(

have good time. If anyone needs a spot I'm going to cancel my ele only reservation at 4j's

rgsiii
09-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Not able to get out today. Will leave Saturday and hope to meet up Sunday.

Old40Dog
09-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Dave, unfortunately were out. Tracy is sick. Sorry to cancel the optional run late on ya :(

have good time. If anyone needs a spot I'm going to cancel my ele only reservation at 4j's

Tracy! Get well! Thanks for letting us know Wes. Campground is not nearly full, so spaces still available.

Not able to get out today. Will leave Saturday and hope to meet up Sunday.

Come by the little cabin to the right of the office of 4J Saturday when you get in if you have a chance...see ya when!

FJBRADY
09-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Man I even had the trailer lined up for this trip, but here I sit in the Ranch....:banghead:

Have a great time everybody, my favorite part of the state fo sho.....ok now it's 8:37 am where are the pictures, hello anyone?