PDA

View Full Version : Any body people in RS?

Dr. Schlegs
05-18-2010, 05:43 PM
I picked up a fuel door and a rear lift gate for the 80 today. Was hoping someone in the club was good with a paint gun to get them painted to match, and do some light sanding of surface rust.

TIMZTOY
05-18-2010, 05:51 PM
I've got a paint gun I could do it for you. But I'm no bodyman pro. But I have all the tools necessary. Painting is the easy part. Prep is the skill part and what determine a good or bad paint job

FJBRADY
05-18-2010, 06:21 PM
I think I have the place for you. They have not worked on my rig but I have seen some of their work.:thumb:

From what I remember they have shops in Denver, Centennial and down in Frederick.

303 ratt can(728-8226) ask for Perry, Ricardo or Randy

Dr. Schlegs
05-18-2010, 07:00 PM
I painted my car used da roller there and da paint brush.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://popup.lala.com/popup/360569453756432636&ei=nTTzS-OWOpPitgPbx8irDA&sa=X&oi=music_play_track&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CBMQ0wQoADAA&usg=AFQjCNF2vjpUOCniBlRNqxux9BP0U1R6SQ

I paint my toe nails, everything, paint the walls. I'm Silly.:lmao:

I have seen the Ratt Can Body Shop quality of work. That body parts I got today are in good shape just need to be striped and sanded in a some areas that have surface rust. I think the hardest part after the prep and spray will be to assemble the rear lift gate. Installing glass and emblems.

Air Randy
05-18-2010, 10:31 PM
I think I have the place for you. They have not worked on my rig but I have seen some of their work.:thumb:

From what I remember they have shops in Denver, Centennial and down in Frederick.

303 ratt can(728-8226) ask for Perry, Ricardo or Randy

:D:D:D Remember, Perry and Ricardo are my apprentices, if you want the real jouneyman bring it to me. As long as Home Depot has a close color match in rustoleum were good to go :D

RicardoJM
05-19-2010, 07:35 AM
As long as Home Depot has a close color match in rustoleum were good to go :D

If you don't find what you need at the Home Depot; Wall Mart also caries a fine selection of rustoleum - just remember to take proof of your age.:lmao:

On the original topic, a few years ago I picked up a used tail gate from the Bronco. I stripped it down and took it to Sams Automotive on Oxford. They painted it to match. They did good work and I have been pleased with the results.

TIMZTOY
05-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Disassemblly and reassemblly is a walk in the park. I'll do it for you If you'd like. I'm off work today shouldent take but 15 min.

7twenty-383-ten13

treerootCO
05-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I painted my snorkel and grill surround and dealt with the mess, time wasted, and money spent. In all I spent around $500 in supplies to do it. In the end, I'll admit, it was very rewarding. When it all peeled off, I paid $100 for a professional to paint it right. ;) True story.

Dr. Schlegs
05-19-2010, 09:42 AM
I just want it to look good being on the 80 and as it is my Daily Driver. I could care less about warm fuzzies, at this point. I have a F engine for warm fuzzies.