PDA

View Full Version : Spring Creek run on 5/23 is CANCELLED

Air Randy
05-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Sorry gang, just too much snow on the shelf road for my liking, plus getting to the rock garden required a lot of winching by the folks that ran it today.

We are going to run Chinamans Gulch near Buena Vista instead. We ran it 3 weeks ago and it was very dry, so we know were good to go there. We'll be meeting up at the trailhead there around 9:30 for anyone who wants to go.

nuclearlemon
05-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Sorry gang, just too much snow on the shelf road for my liking, plus getting to the rock garden required a lot of winching by the folks that ran it today.

We are going to run Chinamans Gulch near Buena Vista instead. We ran it 3 weeks ago and it was very dry, so we know were good to go there. We'll be meeting up at the trailhead there around 9:30 for anyone who wants to go.

dangit! i just spent 40 minutes troubleshooting a ground so i could have cold water on spring creek:(

Air Randy
05-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Go run OCG with us. That really isn't that much farther than Spring Creek.

Between the snow on the shelf road and the winchfest just to get up to the rocj garden, it just didn't sound like a fun day.

nuclearlemon
05-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Go run OCG with us. That really isn't that much farther than Spring Creek.
maybe the drive is for you. spring creek is a 1 hr drive for me. chinamans is 2 1/2 hour drive. just not up for the street time.