PDA

View Full Version : Chinamans Gulch 5/23/10

FJBRADY
05-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Had a great time today.....thanks to Randy for putting this together! Weather could not have been better.

There were seven of us total, Old40DOG Dave, Randy's Gecko & Mule, myself as well as three guys from FR4x4.

Trailered my rig, thank you :bowdown: Tom R., man that is the only way to go!!!!!!

Pictures........

FJBRADY
05-23-2010, 09:36 PM
More pictures

FJBRADY
05-23-2010, 09:39 PM
More Pictures

FJBRADY
05-23-2010, 09:42 PM
OLD40DOG posing :grinpimp:

wesintl
05-23-2010, 09:47 PM
uh oh. 40 dog busted out a window... what's the story there? nice pics.

rover67
05-23-2010, 09:52 PM
nice pictures, looks like a great day. weather must've been perfect for ya.

RLMS
05-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Randy did you make that line next to the tree?

Most rigs can't!!

Justin

spcruiser
05-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Could you guys have asked for a better day out?
That trail is on my list, from the photos it looks like a lot of fun.

Old40Dog
05-24-2010, 06:22 AM
uh oh. 40 dog busted out a window... what's the story there? nice pics.

On the first hill, vacuum engage 4 wheel wasn't engaged, so it bounced....left into a tree branch. Stop and manually engaged it and we were good for the day.

Actually, I've been trying to convince Idelle that I needed a soft top and was hoping this would do it. ;) Darn...She said, we'll now you gotta use for that extra window you've got. :lmao: Guess I'll have to try harder next time.

FJBRADY
05-24-2010, 07:35 AM
I've been trying to convince Idelle that I needed a soft top

Dave, look for a soft top then buy it and beg forgiveness. If we took a poll most of us beg forgiveness because very few of us are granted permission. :Princess::rant:

Air Randy
05-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Randy did you make that line next to the tree?

Most rigs can't!!

Justin

No, but I made it as far as any of the other built rigs did including a buggy. According to Jay, who was spotting me, I would've made it if I hadn't been such a wuss and would have bumped it harder :D Probably a true statement, but with age comes wisdom and I had a great time even without making that climb :thumb:

The guy in the Dodge started where you see him in the picture and ended up spinning his wheels all the way to the right side close to the other tree. It was just like a ditch witch and dug a moat about 12" deeper all the way across. It was already dug out really bad and now it's even worse.

Unless someone does some trail maintenance and shovels a bunch of rocks and dirt back into the moat, I don't think anyone will make it up that rock unless they have a 150" wheelbase with no rear over hang.

If you look at my front tires you can see how close I am to hooking them over the lip that would have let it crawl up. If the moat had been filled in it would have gone right up it.

Air Randy
05-24-2010, 08:42 AM
You need to post a picture of your new Tundra with the 40 on the trailer behind, and that big grin on your face!

FJBRADY
05-24-2010, 10:26 AM
You need to post a picture of your new Tundra with the 40 on the trailer behind, and that big grin on your face!

Looked and the only pictures I saw are of the Tundra with an empty trailer!:dunno:

Nay
05-24-2010, 10:27 AM
I don't think anyone will make it up that rock unless they have a 150" wheelbase with no rear over hang.

Oh, come now, that line is easy :D

(ok, this was two years ago, I needed a couple of rocks under the rears, and I got high centered at the top. It has gotten much worse, in Nov I couldn't even get my nose up.)

RLMS
05-25-2010, 09:10 PM
my point exactly:D

Air Randy
05-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Oh, come now, that line is easy :D

(ok, this was two years ago, I needed a couple of rocks under the rears, and I got high centered at the top. It has gotten much worse, in Nov I couldn't even get my nose up.)

It's a good thing you fessed up and told the truth, otherwise I was going to call you on it and we were going to Chinamans this weekend.

I bet you it is dug out at least 18" to 24" deeper than where it was at last Fall. I stood right there and watched the big dodge trench out at least 10"-12" just while we stood there and watched.

Nay
05-26-2010, 07:18 PM
It's a good thing you fessed up and told the truth, otherwise I was going to call you on it and we were going to Chinamans this weekend.

I bet you it is dug out at least 18" to 24" deeper than where it was at last Fall. I stood right there and watched the big dodge trench out at least 10"-12" just while we stood there and watched.

Yep, I've been up once, and never again :hill: