PDA

View Full Version : Need Rental Property Application and Lease

PabloCruise
05-25-2010, 02:58 PM
I need your help if anyone has a tried and true Lease and Application for a rental property in Colorado.

I am getting into the rental game and need your help with these docs if you have some that you like.

I thought I had some, but they fell through.

Thank you in advance if you can help! :bowdown:

corsair23
05-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Dan, Dan, he's your man :thumb:

Had to use the shortened version 'cuz Daniel, Daniel, he's.....just doesn't sound right :hill:

Seriously though, sounds like Daniel is a good resource...Might cost you a little bit of $$ but I'm sure it would be worth it :)

BreckBJ44
05-25-2010, 05:21 PM
PM me your email address and I willl send you two that I use. Just read through them and edit anything you need to. both are very complete.

Kraig

farnhamstj
05-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Welcome to being a Landlord. It can be a royal PITA. Choose your tenants well. Get a security deposit before you will, "hold" anything for anyone. Get references from people and call to check them. People will try to sneak pets past you. Be the kind of Landlord that shows up unexpectedly the 1st month. That keeps them on there toes the rest of the year. Rent is due the 1st. Late payment fees of $30 per day gets rent paid on time. Don't be the nice guy that lets them pay on the 5th, "cause we don't get paid until friday" train them to pay on time. If you accept partial payment for anything your F'd. It's really really hard to kick out bad tenants.

Mendocino
05-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Welcome to being a Landlord. It can be a royal PITA. Choose your tenants well. Get a security deposit before you will, "hold" anything for anyone. Get references from people and call to check them. People will try to sneak pets past you. Be the kind of Landlord that shows up unexpectedly the 1st month. That keeps them on there toes the rest of the year. Rent is due the 1st. Late payment fees of $30 per day gets rent paid on time. Don't be the nice guy that lets them pay on the 5th, "cause we don't get paid until friday" train them to pay on time. If you accept partial payment for anything your F'd. It's really really hard to kick out bad tenants.

This is sage advice. I have 7 rentals in California and a property manager and it still takes an enormous amount of time. I'm in month three of getting rid of a deadbeat tenant and I still have at least 6 weeks or repairs before I can rent it again.:rant:

nakman
05-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Dan, Dan, he's your man :thumb:

Had to use the shortened version 'cuz Daniel, Daniel, he's.....just doesn't sound right :hill:

Seriously though, sounds like Daniel is a good resource...Might cost you a little bit of $$ but I'm sure it would be worth it :)

x2, send a PM to Mr. Inukshuk already.. he's the one to have on your side :thumb:

coax
05-25-2010, 09:12 PM
No experience on the landlord side of things, but both times I had to rent a place in Boulder they used the Boulder Model Lease (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CBYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bouldercolorado.gov%2Ffiles%2FChildren%2520Youth%2520and%2520Families%2Fmediation%2Fbouldermodellease.pdf&rct=j&q=boulder+model+lease&ei=ppD8S97tMMH88Aazs4m2Bg&usg=AFQjCNGmXNETFZEq8kgH_0NqD6DuH2i7Cg&sig2=5jNI38r3lTnWzfpE-HzKZg). Not sure if its what your looking for, but maybe useful to compare to some other leases you might use.

I guess there is also something called the Colorado Model Lease as well that I got off the City of Fort Collins Landlord & Tenant Info and Handbook (http://www.fcgov.com/neighborhoodservices/landlord-tenant.php). Truthfully can't remember if that's what was used when I lived in the Ft.

Corey