PDA

View Full Version : This weekend for those left behind

RedCreeper
05-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Was wondering if anyone was stuck around this weekend that may want to get out on Sunday. Need to take a test run and shake down the new toy but don't want to go it alone to be safe. Any takers on something close. Maybe Bunce Road? ideas welcome also.

MountainGoat
05-25-2010, 04:43 PM
I would be down for it if we are talkin a family run. Jaeden would probably be stoked to see Alexis again. Plus there's room in my 80 for your wife and kid in case your jeep breaks and I have to tow you home. ;)

RedCreeper
05-25-2010, 04:54 PM
LMAO! Funny Dan, I am sure they would love it. What ya game for?

RedCreeper
05-25-2010, 04:57 PM
I have never done Bunce. Tried it but never found it. Got way off on another trail nearby. Liked the idea of seeing the plane wreck and lunch up there. But still open for ideas.

MountainGoat
05-25-2010, 05:28 PM
I haven't wheeled up in that area for a few years. Bunce looks fine for starters since there are a lot of other trails around there. I have the newest Wells book that covers that area so we can surely hit a more challenging trail if we decide to. :cool:

RedCreeper
05-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Sounds good. We will work out the details as we get closer. Still have to button up the Jeep, been doing the new buyer and trail maintenance deal for the last 2 weeks. But we are set for Sunday somewhere up there.

Anyone else want to join just chime in.

SRT08BUS
05-25-2010, 08:23 PM
I'll see if I can break away for the day.

TIMZTOY
05-25-2010, 10:40 PM
i might be in my mom is comming in town and shes never been wheeling.. what trail are you planning on doing ? is it a easy, medium, hard trail ?

Air Randy
05-25-2010, 10:45 PM
If they do Bunce it is pretty easy, your mini shouldn't have any issues.

MountainGoat
05-25-2010, 10:50 PM
I'll see if I can break away for the day.

That would be great Brandon. I'll make sure we don't get too close to any stumps. :hill: Maybe you could get your girlfriend to come along, too.

i might be in my mom is comming in town and shes never been wheeling.. what trail are you planning on doing ? is it a easy, medium, hard trail ?

Tim, this trail is pretty mellow: Bunce School Road (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=123) should be no prob for your stocker. :thumb:

Anybody else in?

RedCreeper
05-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Hope you can make it Brandon. What time is good to start for everyone? If time permits would like to look at Ironclads. Not sure where the plane wreck is but was thinking it would be a good place to take a lunch and let the kiddies see the engine and wreckage.

MountainGoat
05-26-2010, 09:17 PM
How about we meet at the north end (lower) trail head at 10am. This would be on Hwy 7, NOT up by Camp Dick.

Looks like JoLene is staying home to get ready for our barbecue on Monday, so it will just be Jaeden and me. We will bring a picnic lunch! :cool:

RedCreeper
05-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Dan,

That sounds good. I asked a few guys over at FR4x4 to come if they can. I don't know the area that well so will do my best to find it. Just look for a lost big yellow thing. that would be us. will probably have Fritz with us also. sounds like a good time. Sorry that Jolene could not make it. See you there. Any other takers want to join us???? Just chime in.

RedCreeper
05-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Looks like we may 1 or 2 from FR4x4 joining us. Another guy is camping up there for the weekend.

Rob on FR4x4 said there is a big drift at the top of iron clads so the last bit you may have to walk depending on how much melts. If we get there we can take a look. I am game to breaking through just bring some warm clothes just in case. I have a winch so if we need it its there. Only doors and a bikini top on the Jeep so i will most definatly have my blankie. Game on!

RedCreeper
05-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Looks like nobody wants to play with us Dan, sorry.... Its my fault. snif snif snif

DaveInDenver
05-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Looks like nobody wants to play with us Dan, sorry.... Its my fault. snif snif snif
If I had time this weekend to play around I'd go, but then again if I had the time to play I wouldn't have stayed in the first place. Stupid needing to stay employed.

RedCreeper
05-29-2010, 01:50 AM
Hey Dave play hookie. haha

Dan,
There are maybe 2 others from FR that want to meet at 930. Is that OK with you? I have one of there numbers and can ride to the trail head with him. Let me know or give me a call.

MountainGoat
05-29-2010, 08:31 AM
I can deal with meeting at 9:30 I guess. It's about a 2 hour drive for me to the trailhead so I was trying to get an extra half hour to get the kid out the door. You know how that can be! ;)

I'll just pack up tonight and be ready to roll. :thumb: