PDA

View Full Version : The Gecko

Air Randy
05-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Dee's thinking she may want to sell "her" truck and get a buggy (you have to love this woman). So, I'm testing the water to see if there is anyone that may have an interest in buying the Gecko. Heres the details:

1985 mini truck x-cab with AllPro tube bed

Mastercraft racing seats, center console, corbeu harnesses

AM/FM/CD stereo, all interior stuff (heater, wipers, etc) works fine

Redline custom winch bumper with full body exo cage & sliders

Ramsey 9.5 winch with synthetic line, Hella offroad lights

New AllPro rock crawler leaf springs with Bilstein 5150 reservoir shocks

New hydro assist steering system, pump, all new TRE's, etc, IFS steering gear with lots of frame gusseting & reinforcement around the steering box

Front housing is fully trussed & armored, has reinforced knuckle balls, Marlin Crawler 25mm trunnion bearing kit, 5 bolt knuckles, MC forged high steer arms with DOM drag link/tie rod. New HP diff w/5.29's & new ARB locker, solid spacer & round flanges, Skye FJ60 disc & IFS width widening kit, aisin locking hubs, PVC knuckle seals, all new wheel bearings, etc, longfield 30 spline birfields & axles.

Rear housing is IFS width, armored, has new disc brake setup w/performance proportioning valve, new chrome moly axles with new bearings & seals, new V6 diff housing w/5.29's and new detroit locker w/solid spacer and round flanges

22RE was fully rebuilt(water pump, timing chain, pistons, rings, bearings, etc) less than 500 miles ago and has a new enginebuilder.com high flow head and 261C torquer cam, Kirker exhaust header and high flow exhaust system.

5 speed transmission, Marlin Crawler twin transfer case setup with 3 shifters (2.28 front box/4.71 rear box), MC HD skid plate & disk brake emergency brake system.

V6 brake booster conversion, new large bore master cylinder, new clutch master and slave cylinder, new Marlin Crawler HD clutch disk, pressure plate and t/o bearing, new battery, spare tire, in-bed toolbox.

I have 2 spare doors, extra injectors, TPS, intake manifold, wiring harness, etc. Aluminum beadlock wheels with Goodyear MTR's w/70% tread.

All of this build was completed in the last 6 months so as you can see virtually everything is new. Any part or component that could be upgraded or replaced to ensure maximum strength & reliability was changed out. This is a very capable rig which completed Independence Trail in Penrose 2 weeks ago with no breakage or damage.

Were asking $9,750 for this well built, turn-key, ready to go mini truck. 303-319-8976 Randy

hyperboarder
05-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Trade for my FJ60 :D? Nice rig.

theboomboom
05-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Hey RicardoJM, think mom would like this sittin in front of the driveway better?

RicardoJM
05-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Hey RicardoJM, think mom would like this sittin in front of the driveway better?

NO:eek:

Air Randy
05-26-2010, 04:10 PM
NO:eek:

Oh c'mon, just work on her a little bit, maybe paint it white and then she'll never even notice :D

FJBRADY
05-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Wow I would have guessed you would sell the Mule before the Gecko! Too bad I am all in with my 40 otherwise I would seriously consider it.

Good luck with the sale!

Air Randy
05-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Wow I would have guessed you would sell the Mule before the Gecko! Too bad I am all in with my 40 otherwise I would seriously consider it.

Good luck with the sale!

Our plan was always to keep the Mule because its such a cool rig and build something else for hard core wheeling. Thats why we built the Gecko. I think the Gecko is great and would prefer to keep it but Dee really wants a buggy with an automatic in it so she can drive it. I knew once she rode with Jeremy and Brook that a buggy was in our future, it was just a matter of when. If we get a buggy it will probably be a 2 seater, so no back seat to haul varmints or grandkids so a direct replacement for the Gecko. Thus we need the Mule to haul the grandkids, etc.

wesintl
05-26-2010, 05:07 PM
kinda funny to think about keeping a 40 to haul kids in.. :)

good luck wit da sale

Air Randy
05-26-2010, 05:57 PM
kinda funny to think about keeping a 40 to haul kids in.. :)

good luck wit da sale

Its perfect for that since we trailer it for the long haul. Take the top off and with the crawler setup it wheels really good. Did every obstacle on Chinamans last week that the Gecko did except for the long wall.

corsair23
05-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Sounds like a heckuva deal Randy :thumb:

The lack of extra seats rules me out (oh, and lack of $$ doesn't help either :hill:) but I'd really like to own something someday that I'm not worried about flopping on its lid :)

Of course if you throw in the tow rig and trailer at that price I could change my mind :lmao:

ScaldedDog
05-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Didn't you just put a buttload into Diamonds for this rig? You did mention something about patience once... :D Good luck!

Mark

Dr. Schlegs
05-26-2010, 09:10 PM
:lmao: I was there to witness the whole thing. Remember Randy Profitts needs to deliver it to the Rally.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Air Randy
05-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Didn't you just put a buttload into Diamonds for this rig? You did mention something about patience once... :D Good luck!

Mark

I haven't bought em yet :D

RockRunner
05-27-2010, 04:22 PM
So what does that mean for us that have bought parts from you?

Uncle Ben
05-27-2010, 04:23 PM

Thanks! :lmao: ;) :p:

Air Randy
05-27-2010, 06:17 PM

You will get a full refund AND I won't charge you rent for the FREE BIRFIELDS & AXLES OF MINE YOU"VE HAD SINCE CM :D

isotel
05-27-2010, 07:24 PM
you will never look back once you drive an auto in the rocks!

My 40 has an Auto, and 4 seats ;) but it aint for sale..

i would only sell it to somone who keeps rigs for longer than 6 months :lmao:

Air Randy
05-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Hey, don't complain to me, talk to Dee :D

By the way, Dee now has an FJ40 with a V8 and automatic in it too, along with a few other small mods..........................

Dr. Schlegs
05-28-2010, 11:47 AM
That was quick.