PDA

View Full Version : International Rugby In Denver

Hudo4
05-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Just in case anyone is interested in seeing some good rugby. The Churchill Cup is being held at Infinity Park in Glendale again this year. The Glendale stadium is pretty laid back but bring padded seats, the stands are concrete. There's more info on the link and the prices are reasonable. :thumb:

http://www.infinityparkatglendale.com/tournaments/10/churchill-cup.php

Caribou Sandstorm
05-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Hey Brent,

I just noticed your signature..I played Rugby in Wales in College.

I played for St. Mary's College of California. We had an Easter Tour there back in '86.

When I played in denver for the Barbarians, a guy but the last name of McGinty (I think) was wearing one of our college jersey's.. Turns out we played against him when I was on that tour.

I only played for the barbos for a few seasons..This was about 13 year ago..Wow, just had to figure that out. Seems like a long time ago but also just yetserday.

My position: Hooker

DaveInDenver
05-27-2010, 02:44 PM
We'll be there Saturday morning for sure. The team a long time friend of mine played on (St. Louis Royal RFC) made the D-III Men's Club Final Four. They play Cedar Rapids at 9AM. Maybe a bit early for beer, but by goodness it's a rugby match and a weekend and I'll do what I gotta.

Hudo4
05-27-2010, 02:51 PM
It's great news to hear I'm not the lone Rugby fun around.

Chris that's awesome! I can't wait to hear your rugby tales. I got hooked on rugby a few years ago and haven't looked back. By the way the Rugby World Cup next year is in New Zealand....we're thinking of heading down, me and the misses.

Dave, 9 isn't to early for rugby beer. That's a totally different type of beer anyway and it's perfectly acceptable to be toasted by 9 and a rugby game.

Bottoms up :beer:

DaveInDenver
05-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Dave, 9 isn't to early for rugby beer. That's a totally different type of beer anyway and it's perfectly acceptable to be toasted by 9 and a rugby game.
True, but I'm not 23 anymore and since USA-Russia starts at 3:30 I gotta pace. :-)

Hudo4
05-27-2010, 04:18 PM
:thumb:Oh I hear ya! I'm sure I'll be pounding down more water than beer when I go to the games on the 13th. It'll still be a great day though.

Caribou Sandstorm
05-27-2010, 05:22 PM
I didn't want to boast but the other Easter Tour I was on was in New Zealand.. We kicked the snot out of all the kiwi teams we played...

I got to see the All Black's play in Cardiff.. The playing field was like a puttin green, flipin sweet!

Bring your fishing pole. New Zealand has a gazillion lakes and with a small population of folks living in new Zealand there are a ton of fish...

When our plane stopped in hawaii, we had to get more beer!!!

The clouds really do go the other way accross the sky and the toilet bowl water flushes the other direction...haha That is about all I remember from that trip.... I will try to find some pics and post them..

Hudo4
06-04-2010, 12:51 PM
That's awesome Chris! We've been down once but I can't get enough of New Zealand! Post pics when you can.

Thanks