PDA

View Full Version : Saturday impromptu

Uncle Ben
05-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Thinking of an moderate afternoon run up to Rollins Pass today. Got a couple things to do this morning so It would be around noon. PM me or text my cell if you want to go. I'm certain there will be drifts involved so I won't go by my self. I will be trailering up there.... three-0 3 nineone three 24 fitytree
:thumb::thumb: :bowdown::zilla:

J Kimmel
05-29-2010, 04:01 PM
we're doing an impromptu run up to Carnage, why not trailer up there instead? Just Brook and I so far.

Uncle Ben
05-29-2010, 04:15 PM
we're doing an impromptu run up to Carnage, why not trailer up there instead? Just Brook and I so far.

Thanks for the late notice! :p: You should be bending tube instead of wheeling anyway! :lmao: Have fun!

Old40Dog
05-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Thinking of an moderate afternoon run up to Rollins Pass today. Got a couple things to do this morning so It would be around noon. PM me or text my cell if you want to go. I'm certain there will be drifts involved so I won't go by my self. I will be trailering up there.... three-0 3 nineone three 24 fitytree
:thumb::thumb: :bowdown::zilla:

Kevin.

Did you make it out to a trail today? Whats the conditions?

Sorry man! I was the one doggin' you (hehe) about getting out today!

When I didn't see any posts late last night and again early this morning, I torn into the 40 this morning to install some parts I just got and couldn't get it back together in time to get out to the trail today when you posted up that you could go. :rant:

Uncle Ben
05-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Not a problem Dave! I got a lot of other things done too! The storms that brewed up over Boulder would have nailed us hard in the hills today!

J Kimmel
05-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the late notice! :p: You should be bending tube instead of wheeling anyway! :lmao: Have fun!

you didn't miss anything...it was a suckhole today, we spent 5 hours on the trail and turned around before the V notch:(

waaaaaayy too many underbuilt rigs for that trail, just because you have lockers doesn't mean you can run the trail, it just means you can get into trouble:rolleyes:

Uncle Ben
06-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Up again! I will head to Rollins Pass tomorrow after I help get my daughter and wife set up on their garbage....oops I mean garage sale tomorrow (6-5-2010) Anybody interested? Kimmel is too scared to go, Treeroot is lost in Wyoming somewhere, Alex (Isaac) is leaning about pre-marriage.... and both my Jeep driving neighbors have to fix their junk first..... :rolleyes: :lmao: ....that leaves YOU!

Convert
06-04-2010, 07:05 PM
I'd like to but I am playing (free) golf in the company tournament with potential customers:D

Uncle Ben
06-04-2010, 08:15 PM
I'd like to but I am playing (free) golf in the company tournament with potential customers:D

Rising Sun Domesticated Wheelers of Colorado! Forget the waneing eyesight or the aches and pains or the hair growth coming from the ears and disappearing from the top.......we is domesticated and when we get done with our list of chores we are tired..... :lmao::lmao::rolleyes: My wife is working me hard to stick around and be tormented by the stream of garbage salers that are sure to be a plenty. If I don't go tomorrow I will be making noise with sparks and smoke and I will look like a coal miner when the grinding wheel stops.....dammit.... ;)

Air Randy
06-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Hey, was it you that said you can use airsoft bb's inside a tire to get some dynamic balancing? Do they work OK? How much would I need to put inside these 42's for it to work?

J Kimmel
06-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Hey, was it you that said you can use airsoft bb's inside a tire to get some dynamic balancing? Do they work OK? How much would I need to put inside these 42's for it to work?

I wouldn't even attempt it :eek:

rover67
06-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Wish I could go... But I'm out of town

Uncle Ben
06-05-2010, 07:20 AM

They work great! You want to use the heavy ones and you use 16-18 oz on each one. Golf balls work very well too but are noisy when crawling.

Over the road trucks use Dynabeads. Same thing but too small for our needs as they are designed to fit through the valve stem, which would be bad for us. Equal is another similar product and just doesn't work for off highway as we air down and up and the small stuff messes with the valve stems.

If you snoop around the web most site recommend 12oz for a 40" tire. I can tell you mo is mo betta! You can't over balance dynamically as the extra pellets will simply go where they need to.

You will notice imbalance usually around 45 mph but it's not bad and is gone slightly higher and for some reason is not felt at lower speeds.

You will be a believer if you try it! I have used golf balls in my big bead-locked tires for many years. This set of 40's I tried the air soft pellets and they are close to slilent.

Uncle Ben
06-05-2010, 07:22 AM

You drive a mini truck so you have no idea of what your talking about....go away... :p:

Uncle Ben
06-05-2010, 10:02 PM
DWC struck today and I ended up stuck in L'Ville but I did work on the 40 so not too bad. Tomorrow is Colorado Free Fishing day and the wife and daughter #3 have a plan. We are headed to Barker Reservoir early where I will get those tow set up and I am headed to Rollins Pass. WR is already strapped down to the trailer behind the truck and fishing poles chairs and tackle are loaded into the daughters car. If someone wants to join me I will be breaking drifts headed towards Jenny Creek Trail. I will be on 146.460. :thumb::thumb:

Nay
06-05-2010, 10:18 PM
DWC struck today

Maybe we need a DWC run, although it would probably need to be planned 18 months in advance :eek::lmao::hill:

Uncle Ben
06-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Spectacular run today! I was shocked at how much snow has melted in the last 4 weeks! I'll post up in the report section later when I get a chance to upload the few pics I took (Nay style since I was the only poser there :D) :thumb::thumb: :bowdown::zilla: :woot::woot:

Nay
06-07-2010, 12:36 PM
(Nay style since I was the only poser there :D)

Hey now, I get stuck before I start posing :D

Uncle Ben
06-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Hey now, I get stuck before I start posing :D

See.....you are the master....I'm still learning... :rolleyes: ;)

rover67
06-07-2010, 02:45 PM
lets se a few pics man, I am curious how far ya got and what the conditions looked like :)

wesintl
06-07-2010, 02:55 PM
were going to have to dock UB 100 posts a day til he post pics :lmao:

Uncle Ben
06-07-2010, 03:05 PM
lets se a few pics man, I am curious how far ya got and what the conditions looked like :)

were going to have to dock UB 100 posts a day til he post pics :lmao:

I'll just post them for everyone who went with me.........DONE! ;) :p:

treerootCO
06-07-2010, 03:15 PM
I'll just post them for everyone who went with me.........DONE! ;) :p:

This is where I was Saturday and I extended the invite ;) :p:

Uncle Ben
06-07-2010, 03:52 PM
This is where I was Saturday and I extended the invite ;) :p:

Nice! I was thinking about you! Almost made it to Treeroot Birfield shade tree garage! Could have made it at least that far but being solo I was pushing my luck anyway...

Uncle Ben
06-12-2010, 09:10 AM
You tease.....post up or wheel alone.. ;) :p:

Air Randy
06-12-2010, 06:17 PM
You tease.....post up or wheel alone.. ;) :p:

I wimped out this weekend due to the crappy weather and Meanie's lack of weather protection. Not much of a roof, minimal windshield and no heater didn't sound too good when they were saying it was going to snow above 9,000 feet. :p:

Air Randy
06-12-2010, 06:21 PM

Why u say dat mon? I've already got plates, insurance and legal lights and mirrors on Meanie. Drove him into Elizabeth for gas the other day, probably 15 miles round trip. I was actually amazed at how smooth and balanced the 42's are already considering they're on beadlocks. I did about 60 mph going into Elizabeth and there was very little wobble or bounce. If I put some air soft beads in these things they should be even smoother.

Clearly I don't intend for this to be a daily driver but just like when we did Spring Creek last weekend, we had a 6 or 7 mile drive on the pavement back to the trailer. I even got up on I-70 and cruised along at about 60-65 and Meanie did just fine.

Uncle Ben
06-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Why u say dat mon? I've already got plates, insurance and legal lights and mirrors on Meanie. Drove him into Elizabeth for gas the other day, probably 15 miles round trip. I was actually amazed at how smooth and balanced the 42's are already considering they're on beadlocks. I did about 60 mph going into Elizabeth and there was very little wobble or bounce. If I put some air soft beads in these things they should be even smoother.

Clearly I don't intend for this to be a daily driver but just like when we did Spring Creek last weekend, we had a 6 or 7 mile drive on the pavement back to the trailer. I even got up on I-70 and cruised along at about 60-65 and Meanie did just fine.

Exactly! You go to Moab or South Dakota and it sucks to have to trailer it everywhere. Lead gets stripped off the rim and stick on weights fall off. Airsoft really are a perfect compliment to beadlocked meaty shoes that reach highway speeds once in a while.

BTW Jeremy is roughing it on St. Maarten island so his reply might be delayed...