View Full Version : Just blew my 4.7 Tcase

06-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Driving down Wadsworth going home when the truck started shaking like crazy, slowed down in a hurry and felt the shifter. Not a good feeling, vibrating like crazy. Stopped to loo at it and it was dripping oil, and no moving of the drive shat in neutral in both cases and the tranny.

I am overjoyed with having to fix this as you can tell. Just another job and more money :mad:

06-01-2010, 08:25 PM
I'll be interested in what you find inside. Any noises lately?

It could have been worse. You could have been in the middle of nowhere. :D

J Kimmel
06-01-2010, 08:27 PM
hey maybe you'll finally find out they are actually 2.28's

Sucks to hear though...nothing like an expensive repair to do...then again you are lucky they didn't let go on the trail.

06-01-2010, 09:01 PM
True, close to home was nice but it still sucks.:mad: Right before it happpened I could hear clicking noises like a loose tooth being knocked around and then BANG it got stuck in the gears, I think:confused:.

Guess I get to play with a Tcase again. Hey Randy want to come over and cut my fork for me:rolleyes:

06-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Tom, that sucks........:rant:

06-02-2010, 12:53 PM
And then some, I also have to replace the driver rear rotor as it got wasted somehow. Giants grooves and a terrible sound and only on the inside if the rotor. Checked into upgrades, $250 a piece, gotta love our toys.

Any help pulling the tcase and tranny will be welcomed most likely the 11-13 of June.

Air Randy
06-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I'll be glad to help. Feel free to bring it to my place if that offers any benefits.