PDA

View Full Version : Just blew my 4.7 Tcase

RockRunner
06-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Driving down Wadsworth going home when the truck started shaking like crazy, slowed down in a hurry and felt the shifter. Not a good feeling, vibrating like crazy. Stopped to loo at it and it was dripping oil, and no moving of the drive shat in neutral in both cases and the tranny.

I am overjoyed with having to fix this as you can tell. Just another job and more money :mad:

ScaldedDog
06-01-2010, 08:25 PM
I'll be interested in what you find inside. Any noises lately?

It could have been worse. You could have been in the middle of nowhere. :D

Mark

J Kimmel
06-01-2010, 08:27 PM
hey maybe you'll finally find out they are actually 2.28's
:D

Sucks to hear though...nothing like an expensive repair to do...then again you are lucky they didn't let go on the trail.

RockRunner
06-01-2010, 09:01 PM
True, close to home was nice but it still sucks.:mad: Right before it happpened I could hear clicking noises like a loose tooth being knocked around and then BANG it got stuck in the gears, I think:confused:.

Guess I get to play with a Tcase again. Hey Randy want to come over and cut my fork for me:rolleyes:

FJBRADY
06-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Tom, that sucks........:rant:

RockRunner
06-02-2010, 12:53 PM
And then some, I also have to replace the driver rear rotor as it got wasted somehow. Giants grooves and a terrible sound and only on the inside if the rotor. Checked into upgrades, $250 a piece, gotta love our toys.

Any help pulling the tcase and tranny will be welcomed most likely the 11-13 of June.

Air Randy
06-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I'll be glad to help. Feel free to bring it to my place if that offers any benefits.